IT.COM

Comparison of LLL values

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'd like to start a debate/thread about what people think the very rough approximate values of 3-letter domains are, based on different extensions. Here are a couple of great sites to have a look at values:

www.dnjournal.com
www.3character.com

I understand that it is VERY hard to give an average value as there is so much range in reseller/enduser, combinations of letters and much more.
However, in order to compare extension I want people to have a guess and list what they think the different in value is.

For example, take the domain FER / fer. (extension)

.com - $20,000
.net - $5,000
.org - $3000
.biz - $500
.info - $200
.us - $125
.de - $500
.co.uk - $700
.in - $150
.co.in - $150
.tv - $500
.name - $30
.ws - $30

(I'm sure there are lots more which people would like to see so sorry!)
JUST my opinion so there we are!! :hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well considering there are about 400 unreg'd 3 letter .us domains...

•••
cjcjcj said:
For example, take the domain FER / fer. (extension)

.com - $20,000
.net - $5,000
.org - $3000
.biz - $500
.info - $200
.us - $125
.de - $500
.co.uk - $700
.in - $150
.co.in - $150
.tv - $500
.name - $30
.ws - $30

Hello All,

Thanks Cj for the comments and for this thread. The pricing guide at www.3character.com I hope has been a very helpful tool for domainers. It admittedly does have it's limits, in that 3-letter pricing can really only be done on the reseller/wholesale level (as end-user values do not provide a consistent basis for valuation), and can further only really be reflected in minimum wholesale values (the lowest common denominator of sales values).

This said, you've set before us a great example for discussion. If we take the 3 letter combo of "FER," which is composed of all premium letters, recent sales trends would point to a current *wholesale* valuation of roughly:

.com - $7000
.net - $750
.org - $225
.biz - $50
.info - $125
.us - $65
.de - (insuffecient sales data upon which to appraise)
.co.uk - $500 (though there is very little sales data for valuation basis)
.in - (insuffecient sales data upon which to appraise)
.co.in - (insuffecient sales data upon which to appraise)
.tv - (insuffecient sales data upon which to appraise, and also this is considered a premium name with the .TV Registry, with very high renewal fees which can tend to affect value negatively)
.name - Reg Fee
.ws - (insuffecient sales data upon which to appraise, and also this is considered a premium name with the .WS Registry, with very high renewal fees which can tend to affect value negatively)

Some may argue that these valuations are too low, and to be fair, most wholesale domain buyers of premium domains tend to have a possible end-user in mind when buying those domains (for which they tend to see a greater valuation), so this arguement is certainly valid.

I look forward to other folks comments and thank you again for opening up this thread...I always enjoy the opportunity to reflect on other's comments, thoughts and insights!

Thanks again,
zesty

•••
Zesty: the .us base price on the site seems a bit off

•••
All cctlds except .co.uk = Worthless for a a regular 3 letter.

.com- $1500+
.net- $300+
.org- $65+
..us- REG FEE
.info- $50+
.biz- $30+
.co.uk- No clue

Keep in mind this is with the WORST possible letters aka QZX.

•••
I'd rather own a 3 letter .de, .co.uk or actually .in/co.in than .biz.

I just don't see it used anymore

•••
.in would soon rise to $300+ if this goes like this fashion

•••
Venolus said:
.in would soon rise to $300+ if this goes like this fashion

That would be great, as the few .in domains I own are mostly LLL ;).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back