Dynadot

advice Commission Rates

NameSilo
Watch

blast

Established Member
Impact
So I've been searching for places to sell my domains and found out that most marketplaces charge a 15% commission rate for your sale, I've been wondering if any of you guys know a good reputable marketplace to sell domains for lower commission rates. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yea it's called "create your own marketplace"

Efty.com
Htmlpie.com

•••
I've seen efty before but that would mean that I would have to look for buyers?

•••
or use the marketplaces Flippa,Afternic,godaddy,sedo,ramped,namesilo

and all the rest.

list for make offer only.

but point all domains to your efty page for each domain.

I like both Efty and Htmlpie.

but Htmlpie has one great feature.

you can set it to be like an "activated" auction.

you know that there is nothing more powerful tool in sales than a "deadline"

see the marketplaces know this. this is why they charge you a fee just to start an auction for your domain. win or lose they make money.

you are the one taking the gamble.

but Htmlpie? I looked into it. imagine if you can start your own auction for free?

on Sedo you can start an auction for free but you must first get 1 bid and even then you have to counter and then have the bidder counter again just to for you to push it to auction.

Htmlpie? you can start an auction for any domain in your own marketplace. for free.

imagine the power of such a thing?

you can post everywhere on the net that you have a

"Domain auction. Live NOW. No Reserve. Current bid $25. Ending in 5 hours, 32 minutes"

see who wouldn't check that out?

Disecting this one sentence.

1. Domain auction = who doesn't love a domain auction?
2. Live now - That means they can bid now. People like action. They like the feeling they are getting into something that has potential to become an opportunity.
3. No Reserve = people love a deal. No Reserve means to them that there might be a chance to get a bargain. No Reserve is the most used keyterm in namebio featured listings.
4. Current Bid $25. This is a good one. See you can start your bid with a "reserve" of $25. Anyone who wants to bid must bid $25. so it won't be "lying" to say in an ad that this auction is "Current bid of $25" you didn't say "it HAS a current bid of $25" right? lol?
5. Ending in 5 hours = like I said nothing more powerful motivator to make people ACT like say BID? than a deadline. in any sales situation. there must always be this high pressure decision moment.

if you don't have this then people are too relaxed and not worried since they have all the time in the world to decide. that's never a good thing. 9 out of 10 times they will decide not to ACT. so you'll probably lose the sale.

you want people to feel they might lose out on a good thing.

•••
or use the marketplaces Flippa,Afternic,godaddy,sedo,ramped,namesilo

and all the rest.

list for make offer only.

but point all domains to your efty page for each domain.

I like both Efty and Htmlpie.

but Htmlpie has one great feature.

you can set it to be like an "activated" auction.

you know that there is nothing more powerful tool in sales than a "deadline"

see the marketplaces know this. this is why they charge you a fee just to start an auction for your domain. win or lose they make money.

you are the one taking the gamble.

but Htmlpie? I looked into it. imagine if you can start your own auction for free?

on Sedo you can start an auction for free but you must first get 1 bid and even then you have to counter and then have the bidder counter again just to for you to push it to auction.

Htmlpie? you can start an auction for any domain in your own marketplace. for free.

imagine the power of such a thing?

you can post everywhere on the net that you have a

"Domain auction. Live NOW. No Reserve. Current bid $25. Ending in 5 hours, 32 minutes"

see who wouldn't check that out?

Disecting this one sentence.

1. Domain auction = who doesn't love a domain auction?
2. Live now - That means they can bid now. People like action. They like the feeling they are getting into something that has potential to become an opportunity.
3. No Reserve = people love a deal. No Reserve means to them that there might be a chance to get a bargain. No Reserve is the most used keyterm in namebio featured listings.
4. Current Bid $25. This is a good one. See you can start your bid with a "reserve" of $25. Anyone who wants to bid must bid $25. so it won't be "lying" to say in an ad that this auction is "Current bid of $25" you didn't say "it HAS a current bid of $25" right? lol?
5. Ending in 5 hours = like I said nothing more powerful motivator to make people ACT like say BID? than a deadline. in any sales situation. there must always be this high pressure decision moment.

if you don't have this then people are too relaxed and not worried since they have all the time in the world to decide. that's never a good thing. 9 out of 10 times they will decide not to ACT. so you'll probably lose the sale.

you want people to feel they might lose out on a good thing.
Are you using Htmlpie?

An auction option is perfect. My main concern is payment options. Paypal is unsafe and escrow.com is unreliable.

•••
Actually I just started in these game of domaining :xf.smile: very excited about the business. I've bought a couple of domains by now and haven't started to sell them yet, but I sure want to sell them at the right price in the best marketplace. Also don't know how the negotiations and transactions would go, as far as transferring the domain to the buyer. Any advice would be appreciated though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back