IT.COM

domain ♀.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xn--v4h.com

Emoji domains at Punycode.comEstablished Member
Impact
ADMINS!! This isn't a question about domain appraisals!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd do a grace delete, but then I'm a bit traditional.

I really can't see the point of them. Can you type them into mobiles?

•••

Do you use emojis in your texts?

•••

Grace delete a single emoji domain regged since 2003. Yet alone an emoji that symbolizes women. GTFO with that grace delete appraisal.

@Kuffy - nothing personal. Just a c'mon man.

•••
Grace delete a single emoji domain regged since 2003. Yet alone an emoji that symbolizes women. GTFO with that grace delete appraisal.

@Kuffy - nothing personal. Just a c'mon man.
Confused about that answer from Kuffy but perhaps he just doesn't understand emoji domains?

•••
Confused about that answer from Kuffy but perhaps he just doesn't understand emoji domains?

Absolutely - I can't see what you would do with them. How many of them have commercial sites on them?

and this :) is the only emoji that I use, but then I don't waste time sending texts on the phone either.

•••
Flippa brokered the "Cloud" emoji but don't remember if it sold or not.
Try contacting one of their brokers. I'm sure they would love this one (I would for sure)

As per @Kuffy with all due respect try not to step into shoes twice your size.

•••
and this :) is the only emoji that I use, but then I don't waste time sending texts on the phone either.

:) is a text face, but NP (and many other text interfaces) change that to an emoji.

These punny code domains would be null and void if browsers didn't auto translate. If ) and : are ever accepted by ICANN then text faces would surpass emoji potential. I don't think this is a short term play. More so a hold dependent on how typing interfaces evolve down the line.

•••
Flippa brokered the "Cloud" emoji but don't remember if it sold or not.
Try contacting one of their brokers. I'm sure they would love this one (I would for sure)

As per @Kuffy with all due respect try not to step into shoes twice your size.
The cloud emoji domain was sold for $13k. The seller of that cloud domain name is the same seller I acquired our peace emoji domain from. He's a really creative guy, one of the sharpest people I know.

•••
•••
Just out of curiosity...

Can you have a professional email address on an emoji domain? Be pretty cool to have @.com or similar. Also, can you have the different colours like ?

•••
Oh.... my emoji symbols didn't come up?

•••
Can you have a professional email address on an emoji domain? Be pretty cool to have @.com or similar. Also, can you have the different colours like ?

Great question. Like would an email service autotranslate EXAMPLE@.com auto translate itself to the @XN-- address?

I'd like to know this as well.

•••
Honestly I believe the female symbol is more valuable. Much larger audience and thousands times more popular/brandable.

EDIT
I would target every feminists organization there is to promote.

Last edited:
•••

I think NP only allows Unicode 1.1 domains. Hence why EXAMPLE@♀.com worked for me.

upload_2017-7-14_17-40-5.png

•••
So you can't type in the domain name without knowing the underlying code - that's a real winner.

Actually I hate it when people put emojis in thread titles, and usually don't bother to open it.

I don't think I'm trying to step into shoes that are twice my size, I think it's more a case of not wearing the emperor's shoes.

•••
The transgender sign where the big money is.

Value TG>F>......................and finally dudes lol

Last edited:
•••
Great question. Like would an email service autotranslate EXAMPLE@.com auto translate itself to the @XN-- address?

I'd like to know this as well.
Also to @UniflexDomains
The email address in this case for the venus or female symbol would be [email protected] . However, the key around these emojis is the display depending on what device you use. Apple is great at supporting emoji domains and so the emojis will show up in the browser instead of the "xn--" in browsers like IE or Chrome. This is mostly due to security concerns.

HOWEVER, as a member of Unicode, I can tell you ALL of the above mentioned companies are involved directly in the decisions of Unicode. So there is no reason why they don't follow what they decided on at Unicode. That's why you see the latest patch from Microsoft fixed emojis issues and Google now offers search even when you type in an emoji.

In short, it is simply a matter of time when emoji domains will be fully adopted by all the major players who's any player of technology.

Last edited:
•••
Honestly I believe the female symbol is more valuable. Much larger audience and thousands times more popular/brandable.

EDIT
I would target every feminists organization there is to promote.
Oh man that's what I think too, and you're not the first person who said that. However, the peace symbol is special to me personally. I even sponsored the peace symbol on Unicode: http://www.unicode.org/consortium/adopted-characters.html

•••
Next you Twitter to allow emoji handles.... handles? Sorry I don't do social networks so I'm not down with the terminology.

•••
I think NP only allows Unicode 1.1 domains. Hence why EXAMPLE@♀.com worked for me.

Show attachment 64141
YES! That's why the Unicode 1.1 domains I feel have more value in the fact almost every device displays them, albeit not always with color. Whereas with the new emojis, they don't show up anywhere, especially not on computers/laptops. Emojis will show up on mobile phones though, so emoji domains are instantly great as a complement to an existing text URL.

•••
It's apparent you didn't use the female symbol because it would have shown up. You must have used another emoji, probably a newer one, which won't show up in NP or in many other places.

•••
Just out of curiosity...

Emoji domains aren't 100% adopted yet, except on mobile phones. For this reason, I'm of the belief for now, they are only useful as a complement to an existing text URL. But in time, which could be sooner than later, I can see a BIG business go full emoji.

•••
Emoji domains aren't 100% adopted yet, except on mobile phones. For this reason, I'm of the belief for now, they are only useful as a complement to an existing text URL. But in time, which could be sooner than later, I can see a BIG business go full emoji.

Dec 2016
51.3% of all web visits last month came from mobile devices compared to 48.7% of visits from traditional computing platforms.

•••
So you can't type in the domain name without knowing the underlying code - that's a real winner.

Actually I hate it when people put emojis in thread titles, and usually don't bother to open it.

I don't think I'm trying to step into shoes that are twice my size, I think it's more a case of not wearing the emperor's shoes.
Actually on the mobile phone, you can type in the emoji just fine, and usually requires fewer taps than regular text URLs. The other benefit of emoji domains is its flat out attention getting qualities. Conversion rates are indeed higher but that shouldn't be a surprise.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back