IT.COM

.COM wholesale prices will rise again on September 1, 2023

NameSilo
Watch

aelko

.COM promos at tldes.comTop Member
Impact
This is just a reminder. Verisign will raise its wholesale price again by 7% next month.

.COM wholesale prices ($0.18 ICANN fee included):
$8.03 until September 1, 2021
$8.57 after September 1, 2021
$9.15 after September 1, 2022
$9.77 after September 1, 2023

It is likely that prices will continue to rise in the coming years.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is just a reminder....

That giving the top TLDs in the hands of a for-profit American corporation was one of the biggest mistakes since the Internet has been invented

Last edited:
•••
@aelko
Do you know if Verisign informs all registrars for price changes?
I m arguing with SAV some months now.
They claim that they are not being informed by any Registry, not even 1 day in advance, for price changes...

Do you know if there is some "official" announcement for this change?

Thanks

•••
They are announced usually around February/March. And they take effect on September.

Same last year.

Just google it.

Dynadot has already emailed me about the price increase a few days ago

•••
Yes, I found many articles about it, I m just looking for something official

•••
•••
@aelko
Do you know if Verisign informs all registrars for price changes?
I m arguing with SAV some months now.
They claim that they are not being informed by any Registry, not even 1 day in advance, for price changes...

Do you know if there is some "official" announcement for this change?

Thanks

I don't know, but i think that yes, informs. I also already received an email from Dynadot. Last year I received many similar letters from various registrars before September 1st.

•••
com=30 to 50 usd by 2030

•••
•••
If it continues like that .coms will be shy of 15USD in 2030 (mark my words)

u wish... but it won't continue like that with inflatons and sheet... so mark my words... 30 to 50usd by 2030

•••
Nope, the maximum price increase Verisign can apply to .com domain names is 7% per year, as agreed with ICANN

•••
Folks! This is only hurting domainers.

Tbh, those end users already paying $35 per year at One.com or IONOS don't really care and are probably entirely oblivious unless those registers for some ODD REASOn decide to raise prices too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back