Dynadot

news .Com Registrations Surge to All Time Daily Records

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think registrations overall are up over last year, or just a few keywords are juicing registr

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Registrations would be down without these few words.

votes
    22.2%
  • Registrations are going up.

votes
    55.6%
  • Registrations are flat.

votes
    22.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Anyone buying in yaqibet domain names. Someone or some group bought over 10,000 this month. This and other specific keywords and strings like

t-769848129-1573776005497-gatediag-kk.com

Have led to many all time daily records of registrations.

So , Do you think registrations overall are up over last year, or just a few keywords are juicing registration numbers.

Page

https://dn.biz/blog/2019/11/20/com-registrations-surge-to-all-time-daily-records/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i see a ton drops like as www5567844566.com robo registrations so i think dot com is a Verisign bubble.. just my 2 cents. but. com is my fav tld without doubt

•••
Must we term every rising thing a bubble? I guess not.
.com extension has proven itself beyond reasonable doubt to take the lead and not seeing any extension coming close or overtaking it even in a decade time.

•••
Anyone buying in yaqibet domain names. Someone or some group bought over 10,000 this month. This and other specific keywords and strings like

t-769848129-1573776005497-gatediag-kk.com

Have led to many all time daily records of registrations.
Your data source on the numbers of registrations is more than a bit wrong.
The .COM count on that site is "154,554,258". This morning's .COM count (from Verisign) is 144,977,622 and 142,858,537 in-zone.

The .NET count from that site is "15,666,366".
This morning's .NET count (again from Verisign) is 13,437,447 and
13,207,633 in-zone.

If you are basing your analysis on numbers from a site that can't even get the domain name counts right even when they are actually published by the registry, you may have some problems.

The .COM and the .NET have seasonal variations and discounting offers do affect the regisration patterns. Many of these discounted registrations are one-year-wonders that are dropped when it comes time to renew them at full fee.

As for the daily records, Domain Tasting caused far more serious variations in daily registration volume.

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back