Domain Empire

news .Com Registrations Loses Another 1 Million Domains In Less Than 2 Weeks

NameSilo
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chinese investors are starting to allocate some of their investment $/yen/Euro/RMB into new gTLD now.
The 5 new extensions .Club, .Vip, .XYZ, .SHOP, .SITE got government approval from China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
Approval means that owners of these domain names within China can now apply for the relevant local license to allow their domains to be hosted in the country.
Previously to these 5 extensions, only Verisign (.COM, .NET) had been awarded approval as a non-Chinese registry...

•••
•••
yes, who want rubbish .com , paying less money to get good .vip .shop .club domain name .
notice that not only .com, .net and .org are also droping more than 2 weeks ,
and i don't think only chinese register lots of rubbish .com .net , were the other domainers reigstered .com .net domainnames premium and can they sold them at high price ?

•••
Verisign always said it would happen in all their earnings calls to investors. So much junk was bought. All those Chinese investors wasted so much money. They won't be buying anymore trash in any extension.

•••
•••
.org not is approved in china ?

•••
•••
I've helped .com by reg'ing 3 names over the last few days. :)

•••
People never learn...

Go ahead and chase the Chinese dragon in ngtld, but if previous investment strategies are anything to go by, it's a sure fire way of losing your shirt.

Giuseppe Graziano hit the nail on the head with his 2017 predictions imho.

The smart investors in China are beginning to realise that it's end users that support the market. The mugs will continue to be caught up in pump, dump and hype.

•••
yes, who want rubbish .com , paying less money to get good .vip .shop .club domain name .
notice that not only .com, .net and .org are also droping more than 2 weeks ,
and i don't think only chinese register lots of rubbish .com .net , were the other domainers reigstered .com .net domainnames premium and can they sold them at high price ?
hehe,10086

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back