Dynadot

discuss .com prices going up at Verisign

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lambo.com

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many posts have been moved to another thread, because this thread was hijacked to promote Epik by @Rob Monster The new thread is at https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-promotion.1242873/

This is to clear confusion for everybody, why some posts do not make sense anymore. Hope everybody understands. Thanks @NamePros for cleaning up the threads.

So to go back on "track" and stay on topic... what does this all mean for us that Verisign's .com prices are going up?

•••
Its quite funny if you read the entire thread back to front, or top to bottom, top is bottom on this thread. $5.99 .com at namecheap, that save some money before price increase

•••
Its quite funny if you read the entire thread back to front, or top to bottom, top is bottom on this thread. $5.99 .com at namecheap, that save some money before price increase

That would help to renew lots of domains for the long run to protect against the future price increases of Verisign.

Last edited:
•••
WOW! Thanks @Grilled now I don't trust Epik or Dynadot at all anymore.
I don't think a lack of "store front" should be any concern whatsoever - it is the way businesses are going.....More of a concern should be how they conduct themselves and if they deliver on their promises/business objectives over a period of time - at least for me anyway....

I mean Coinbase submitted their S-1 listing and under their address put "not applicable" - expect to see more of this going forwards.....

•••
For me personally, it's a combination of factors that are relevant.

- It's the accumulation (periodic compounding) of many price increases we've seen, not only this one.
- I'm based in the Netherlands, so I've seen huge fluctuations in the USDEUR exchange rate.
- There are taxation (VAT) differences between registrars I'm using, it makes a difference.
- Price increases often help me to make better decisions, especially with a growing portfolio.

I can still carry the burden. But at the same time I oppose the Verisign price increases, because I know that with these economies of scale the infrastructure can be run much cheaper (by others).

Last edited:
•••
I don't think a lack of "store front" should be any concern whatsoever - it is the way businesses are going.....More of a concern should be how they conduct themselves and if they deliver on their promises/business objectives over a period of time - at least for me anyway....

I mean Coinbase submitted their S-1 listing and under their address put "not applicable" - expect to see more of this going forwards.....

I would rather trust a registrar who has a real address and also how they conduct themselves ethically (ex: not spamming, or having a manipulative and unprofessional CEO), security is also very important and a registrar who has great deals to protect against price increases from Verisign. The only one I like at the moment is NameCheap, until proven otherwise of course. So it is a combination for me.

Last edited:
•••
Have a good laugh, thanks for staying off topic, as none of your comment has anything to do with .com price increase.
Thanks 🤣 have a look at the posts I made to realize that they all have directly or indirectly to do with the price increase of Verisign's product (com (which is not top)), I bolded the parts that will help to understand it and greyed out the rest:
- This thread doesn't include spam.
- The OP made a good decision renewing his top domains.
- I
have and renew only a few .com's because .com. it is not .top.

Verisign knows that .com. is not .top. and they will try to keep this unchangeable fact out of the public's mind for as long as possible, their price hikings are the result of their unconsciousness fear from this new reality.

Not really, top is top - even when it is at the bottom (like (it was) in this thread), and this circumstance should always be considered before registering / renewing a com since a com is always at the bottom (in comparison to a certain TLD) - even when it is at the top (in terms of reg. numbers).

As for my last post with the laughing emoji, it was a reaction to your (and another member's) action (dislike / disagree (which both was a reaction to my opinion)) but if the goal is to consider every side-thought that does not directly refer to the thread's topic (but to an action of someone within the same thread) as offtopic, then it could indeed be seen as offtopic.

It's up to the moderators decision if they will give such a little / short reaction weight enough to directly classify it as offtopic or to classify it as "part of an (heated) debate".

For me, at the end, it has indirectly but clearly very well to do with this thread's topic (otherwise I would not have posted it) since it was, as I wrote, simply a reaction
(opinion) to your (and another member's) action (...))) to this threads topic - in other words, the root cause was this thread's topic and this is also the case with this post now, thread's are chains of reactions, chain reations.

+++

That being said (explained), I always deliver top quality and Versign seems to be aware of that, maybe my posts are a reason for their price increasings who knows ...

Last edited:
•••
Since my post was moved to another thread, I would like to answer the primary question posed in the OP again. I hope I have not said too much...I removed the last paragraph of my original post and removed anything that could be considered promotional.

With dotcom prices starting to head up, are you operating a large portfolio? What steps will you take?

My portfolio is too large...lots of okay, many good and quite a few really good names...only a handful I would call great.

Those in the great category, along with those intended for my personal/professional use, will be renewed for a few years taking advantage of the excellent pre-fund pricing at (redacted).

Last edited:
•••
Inflation reached and domain names...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back