Dynadot

registries Verisign to increase .com prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Radu054

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, we're lucky in a sense that .com hasn't significantly risen in price over time due to the market power and the demand for what is
It is not that they choose not to raise the price, but that multiple US administrations kept the prices constant, though. I agree that demand could have supported a higher price, but remember that Verisign did not create .com so the argument that they should make even more profit from it has many opposed.
Bob

•••
I wonder how this will affect the largest portfolio holders like huge domains. Might end up actually helping the small guys in some way. Who knows...

•••
•••
•••
I need renew soon then? When does price increase of .com start?
There needs to be six months advance notice given to registrars, and people will, if they choose, be allowed to register up to 10 years in advance at existing rates, as I understand it.
Bob

•••
This is just not good. Not good for Domainers, not good for business, not even good for hosting. Such an increase puts a high strain on small business, entrepreneurs, freelancers, designers and developers. Even if you only have one website, you are covering your ass by registering the main domain, Trademarks, Service Marks, brands, even ideas to develop further down the road.

Verisign is simply gouging us all, registrars, hosts, resellers, domainers, developers, anyone trying to make a living and keep their nose clean, but instead it's bloodied by corporate greed.

So disappointing.

•••
People should focus their attention on very expensive .com registers like Godaddy , $17.98 a .com reg, yes, you can purchase a discount for $89 a year to provide you a .com registration cost of $8.88 a . Com, therefore possibly pitting you into keeping your complete portfolio there.

this is a very minimal price increase for .com, if this small increase actually hurts anyone, they need to fold. Verisign has paid the cost of doing business for domainers for a very long time, they just want a little back now.

•••
People should focus their attention on very expensive .com registers like Godaddy , $17.98 a .com reg, yes, you can purchase a discount for $89 a year to provide you a .com registration cost of $8.88 a . Com, therefore possibly pitting you into keeping your complete portfolio there.

this is a very minimal price increase for .com, if this small increase actually hurts anyone, they need to fold. Verisign has paid the cost of doing business for domainers for a very long time, they just want a little back now.
Luckily, most domains make so much a year the price increase is unlikely to affect them much. I'm a little smaller time and own some person domains that I have to renew for projects and those are the ones I most need to renew.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back