Dynadot

.com or .net more valuable if .com developed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoMa

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

Say I find a cool .net or .org domain name. Is it more valuable if the .com is already developed? I read different guides/tips for beginners here in the forum and I think (sorry if I'm wrong!) one advice (*) was that the more extensions with a developed site, the better for non-com TLDs. Is that really so? I can see that for a .com that is indeed better since traffic will tend to leak to the .com, but is it true also for a .org, for instance? If the .com and .net are not developed and not for sale, doesn't that mean that the .org is more valuable? If the .com and .net are developed, doesn't it mean that brands/sites will be more likely confused?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

PoMa.

(*) main advice was to focus only on .com's ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are new, stay with .com

Yes - .net have value if .com and other 75 extensions are taken / developed.
No - .net have little to no value if only .com is taken and developed.

No matter how "cool" they are.

•••
You are new, stay with .com

Yes - .net have value if .com and other 75 extensions are taken / developed.
No - .net have little to no value if only .com is taken and developed.

No matter how "cool" they are.
By "cool" I mean decent search volume and CPC :)

I obviously agree with your Yes/No classification, but I am wondering about two domain names with similar search volume, CPC, and number of extensions taken. For one of them the .com is developed and for the other one it is not. I just would like to understand if the development (or not) of the .com affects their value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back