Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AdsenseGuy

Account Closed
Impact
Please appraise

旅館.com it means hotels in english from simp-chinese

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do they actually type in symbols like that in China?

•••
from what i was told by a few friends I have online yes, hell thats why I bought it

•••
Qwert said:
Do they actually type in symbols like that in China?
No, but they do type those symbols in Japan.

•••
that also means hello in chinese i think?

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
that also means hello in chinese i think?
LOL
Really? I thought hello in Chinese is 'Ni Hao' :)

•••
i meant how you write it :) thats what i was taught

•••
Actually it means hotel translated from Chinese trad. and japanese. Although there's a drop in value for it being a .com (they also have idn-extensions which are preferable together with the country-tld's) it's a fine IDN. As it is, the value of idn.com are strongly dependant on the value of there preferable counterparts and that's something that can be anwered by a few namepro'ers who attend to the asian dnforums.

Chinese trad. is used mainly in Taiwan
Chinese simpl. is used mainly in China
and as you can see, it can overlap the japanese translation.

•••
•••
Some computers can't desplay them I think.

•••
You have to change your browser to UTF-8 for a proper display.

•••
yes, it is hotel, i see a hotel there.

•••
•••
•••
did he ever say its his?

•••
He did say it, actually. Perhaps the whois simply hasn't updated yet?

AdsenseGuy said:
... hell thats why I bought it

AG, in case you have potential buyers, could you please clarify status of this particular purchase?

•••
Jokez Guy said:
did he ever say its his?

Unless stated otherwise, yes the general assumption would be that he owns the name.

•••
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:50:21 EDT was the last update of the whois, maybe the name has yet to be transferred ?

•••
Hey, You all can stop appraising this domain. I regged the domain just prior to posting this thread @ idotz. I assumed when I posted this thread that the domain was mine due to the fact that the domain showed in my idotz account with my whois and payment was accepted. But in this mornings many emails I received this notice

FROM: The Desk of iDotz.Net - Thanks for your Registration:

Dear .COM Domain Registrant,

Your application for the domain name shown in the Subject field, sent to the .COM Registry, has been rejected by the .COM Registry.

A reason for refusal may be: too generic domain name, trademark issue, limitations created by the registry causing the domain to be unavailable (i.e. single character domains are not allowed), or the name could already be registered.

If your domain request was for a IDN (Internationalized Domain Names) refusal may be in part due to VeriSign's blocked character variants solution.

We regret any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused, and hope that you will consider choosing another .COM domain!

Sincerely,
The iDotz Team

iDotz.Net HostMaster

I dont agree but such is life I guess, Why is it that someone can reg a domain, it shows in thier account, payment is accepted ect blah blah only too find out days later that it is not regged?

I appologize for jumping the gun on this appraisal but as any of you would have thought the same ....That you too owned the domain... Oh well back to the drawing board.

•••
Sorry to hear that, AG.

There's a lesson learned here, though, for everyone: if its a new registration, you can safely assume that the domain is yours when your whois details appear at the registry level (not just the registrar level). Try this website next time - http://www.internic.net/whois.html - if it appears here, then its official.

Thread moved from Appraisals to Discussion.

•••
Armstrong, Aint it the truth. But I still cant understand why the domain was allowed to be regged at the registrar, it showed as available, once I regged it it was no longer available not only was it not available at idotz registrar but 1 other IDN registrar as well. Did I just get screwed by the registrars on this name or is it as someone earlier said that the name was regged back in 2000, and if it was because of this reason wht was it available for reg?

•••
some registrars have buggy scripts, and report domains as available for reg when in fact they are not. perhaps idotz has a problem handling IDN. I know domainsite has trouble with restricted .name's, and many users have reported similar problems with godaddy. Again, registrars are not authoritative - registries are.

•••
That must have been a disappointment for you AdsenseGuy. I think the name has potential, but I would personally register these names in Simplified Chinese rather than Traditional Chinese because Simplified Chinese is used widely in China, an area where I think would have unlimited potential in the near future.

•••
You're absolutely right to be incontent with Idotz.net in this case because it's more of a rule then an exception. Actually it happened to me with more then 20 names, it seems their Whois is pulled from their own database, maybe it's just an inpracticality but then again, maybe they're pulling interest like hell.
You should use idotz.net for registration and an independent Whois (I use dd24.net, not really independent but trustworthy in any case).

To really sooth your pain, (I thought) I owned
mobile.com (japanese)
science.com (chinese simpl./japanese)
society.com (chinese simpl./japanese)

for weeks when they just dissappeared from my Idotz-account ;) .

Last edited:
•••
Bram , yes I know it sucks. I did however aquire another this time in japanese , its a .com just wondering how much those characters get typed in browsers on that side of the world.

I am also considering a few more that are available but I am going to wait it out a bit and see how this one goes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back