Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AdsenseGuy

Account Closed
Impact
Please appraise

旅館.com it means hotels in english from simp-chinese

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you sure they're available ;) , as in open for registration? A lot of names are blocked you see.

You must understand that japanese,Chinese trad. and chinese simpl. sometimes overlap eachother party of completely, when this happens the registration of one will block the other, that and they blocked general names (so they say).

What you can do to verify that the name is open for registration is compare the japanese and chinese translations, when they partly coincide you should look for all 3 or 2 variants to see whether they're registered. If hotel is free in japanese but chin. trad. is regged and symbols coincide, then it's blocked.
You can always try with idotz.net, they do refund when the name is blocked. Another tip, to immediately (or within 21 hours) verify the name, you should registrar lock it, costs an extra $2 but you're sure that name doesn't stay in your account for days or even weeks.

Last edited:
•••
Bram, from all the research that I have done on these 5-6 names all seems ok, but then again you never know, I have checked double checked ect on all these names, but I think I will wait a bit longer to see what happens with this Japanese domain I regged. www.ナイアガラ・フォールズ.com now I just have to wait and see if it works....lol

hmm. this is wierd, www.xn--cckdql5eteud0hua1nna.com works fine for me but if I try clicking the domain in the japanese characters I get error page... Damn IDNs

Last edited:
•••
The character name seems to work just fine :)

•••
•••
Bram, Thanks for posting that very informative link. as far as the characters maybe I have to make some adjustments to the box i am trying to access this on, it is afterall a windows XPpro box. & im not used to windows.

•••
WOW you guys know Japanese and chinese!!

how do people who dont have the "characters" search for the name?

and how do search engines index them???

•••
Only those who master the tongue and native characters will (as in, they have to..right ?) be implemented in search engines. With google.com I can search with german keywords, why not Chinese ?

•••
Only those who master the tongue and native characters will (as in, they have to..right ?) be implemented in search engines. With google.com I can search with german keywords, why not Chinese ?

Haha, I don't master these tongues, babelfish.altavista.com does ;) .

•••
AdsenseGuy said:
Please appraise

旅館.com it means hotels in english from simp-chinese

旅館 traditional chinese
旅馆 simple chinese
there is a little difference. :)

•••
Chinese

Chinese is one of the most difficult and deepest languages in the world :cy: It's so hard to master all the characters.

•••
futurefly001 said:
Chinese is one of the most difficult and deepest languages in the world :cy: It's so hard to master all the characters.
i agree, that is why it is scientifically proven that Chinese people use 10% more of their brain than english speaking people.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back