NameSilo

.Com Domain Market Dead?

Labeled as discuss in gTLD Discussion, started by BigDad, Apr 9, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Last I checked both .top and .icu were cratering from top to bottom:xf.frown: It's really entertaining to watch.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ThatNameGuy

:ROFL:...i don't need to read your bias articles. I just purchased 3,000+ .online domains where 90% have a .com equivalent that's registered, but NOT available at any price, and you need look no further than DomainCoach.com to see what I mean.

The very last domain I registered about an hour ago Lighthouses.xxxxx has a .com equivalent Lighthouses.com that's been hoarded for over 20 years, and is supposedly for sale at GD for God knows how much?

Maybe you think Lighthouses.Coach, Lighthouses.Jobs or Lighthouses.Shoes make for a better domain:ROFL:

Get real coach, sign up for NamesCon.online:xf.wink: where you'll learn the TRUTH!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2021 at 4:21 PM
  3. dombastic

dombastic Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah, just do it.
    Better for the rest us.

4. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

And the top key is picking top names at top prices - but for that you have to turn away from .com because .com is not top.

5. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

The fact that you answered is a proof that you knew what to answer (at least in that moment).
    I just wanted to let you know this.
    Top wishes.

6. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

I recommend checking .top (the (meaning of the) term of this TLD, not any numbers or stats) again (but now in the dictionary), you will find that top is top.

7. Kenny

Kenny Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Not this old thread again... yawn
    Seriously, everyone that thinks the com is dead just keep regging those others.
    Keep the money flowing one way and just drop all your coms.
    Get rid of that trash. Filter your portfolio until there are no more of those nasty old coms and never buy another one, ever.

That is the key to success in this business.
    Buy .horse.

Peace,
    Kenny

8. ThatNameGuy

lol...i just sent you a Linkedin message about Chris Taylor and "Go Blue" Dot com isn't dead, but overuse and overprice has taken the life out of most of them. That said however, I was able to pick one up a week ago that has the real potential to be developed into a multi million dollar business. They just legalized Ganja in my state, and the domain "Ganja Express" (slightly different) will look great on a billboard and on the side of a panel truck hauling grade A weed from our 30 acre plot in central Virginia.

Last edited: May 5, 2021 at 7:29 PM
  9. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

The names you want to pick are ones that sell for an ROI that makes sense when compared to your purchase price. Extension doesn't matter as much as investing in the types of names that have a track record of selling well.

If you're making money selling .top names, that's great, but .com names are generally the safer investment.

10. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Keep spamming and trolling the thread with Stupid.top with no sale history.
    There are some good ones that he can register:
    Mental.top
    Retard.top
    Spam.top
    Troll.top

11. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

No one thinks that .com is dead but more and more people understand that it is not top.

12. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

At this point, I am not talking about selling top domain names, I am talking about owning top domain names.
    If you want to own top domain names you need .top as extension - in other words, the extension is what matters most here.
    .com is generally only the safer investment for those who want to sell domain names that aren't top because .com is not top.

13. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

He again!
    Unfortunately he still has no clue what spam(ming) is, is he really a PRO?

Aside that, I noted that the domain names
    mental.com
    retard.com
    spam.com
    troll.com
    are all registered - maybe by him because these keywords came out of his mind and in regards to the used TLD probably because he thinks .com is top.

There is no stupid TLD, there are only TLDs that are not top and only one TLD that is top.
    In case he has a sales history then most probably just because his buyers thought his domain names were top.

I wish him all the top.

14. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

The rest of us are talking about selling domain names (i.e. the point of this thread).

You're absolutely right... .com is not .top. Thank goodness for that, or I'd be losing a few thousand dollars per year. So feel free to enjoy owning many .top names that don't sell. But go start your own thread to discuss it. This thread is to discuss the .com market.

15. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

No, just top it.

16. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

Sounds good, buddy. Have fun with that.

17. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

If you think you are influencing anything, you are delusional.

NameBio shows (2) .TOP sales in 2021 for $281 and $344. $625 in total reported .TOP sales in 2021.

.COM has 45,900 reported sales for $40,100,000 in the same time

:xf.laugh::ROFL:

.TOP as as irrelevant as your off-topic spam.

Brad

Last edited: May 5, 2021 at 11:45 PM
  18. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

Your opinion was readed but it is irrelevant in the context I am speaking of.

The fact that .com is not top does not need to be backed up by any sales, it is delusional to think I am not influencing the .com market.

I am influencing the .com market in a way you seem not to realize - you just get confronted with the result and the main result is that .com starts to realize that it got topped, that's why it searches for ways to compensate (.web) but it is pointless, .com will never be able to compensate being not top.

That being said, you too need to learn what "spam" is.

And last but not least, trying to label my posts as "off-topic" is the same as trying to label .com as top.

Last edited: May 5, 2021 at 11:48 PM
  19. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

Have fun with your domain names / projects / hobbies.

In my case, it is not a matter of fun (although it makes indeed fun influencing the .com market), it is a matter of understanding - primarily in terms of the meaning of words.

If you understand which TLDs are literally > elementally not top, you understand which TLD is literally > elementally top.

20. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

You're welcome to all the top TLDs you like. I'll stick with the ones that sell.

21. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

There is only one top TLD and it has the advantage that it is always top - even if it doesn't sell.
    And then there are all other TLDs and they have the disadvantage that they are never top - even if they sell.
    This is the difference.

22. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

Okay... So enjoy owning the top TLD that never sells.

23. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

• I do not own a TLD.
    • I do own a (some) specific top domain names(s) and you do not know if it (they) will sell or not like you do not know if your own domain names will sell or not.
    • Enjoy not knowing it.

24. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

• Really?
    • Yes I do.
    • I will!

25. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Ok.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice