I live in a small town of about 8500 people
and lots of cows

To place a 2 column by 1.5 inch ad in the
local paper cost about $135 for three months

Will this do better than just cold calling or
do I need a combo of both?

Thanks John B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think a combo of both is better :)
as always the more the better B-)

•••
To sell what? Domains? Hmm...I don't think I've ever seen a newspaper ad for domains...

•••
Yeh, what would this marketing effort be for?!? D-:
Generally, cold calling on a disciplined, consistent basis has proven effective time and again, but it's hard to advise here without knowing the product or service, or intended audience. IMHO.
Good Luck.

•••
I'm goign to try and use an add to sell one of my domains, should be interesting. I'll let you know what happens in 2 weeks.

Don

•••
Please do....and let us know the domain if you don't mind...or at least what it deals with. Does it have a local appeal?

•••
Thanks, KingDon!
This would be great to share with the "community" here, IMO.
Will it be a general newspaper classified ad? Or, will it be a specific niche publication (trade journal, magazine, etc.) for which the domain name may have an unique appeal to the viewership?
This is good stuff, and I appreciate it. :)
Good Luck.

•••
OK I'll spill the beans on this one since the chances are slim. It's BocaMan.com and to those of you who don't know. Boca Raton Florida is where all the rich beautiful "OLD AND RETIRED" people go to wait for their time, vanity is king in Boca. I'm going to try and market this to someone in Real Estate or a Plastic Surgeon, I'm looking for that super big ego.

My thoughts are to send a press release from my on-line Development site to the local papers hoping someone will do a piece on the story, local interest. This might generate enough people to start a buzz. But at this point it's all theory, just another stone to turn over. I'll wait for the rest of you at the finish line!

Don

•••
The ad I was thinking about for the newspaper
would be a general ad saying that I would do a
Domain Name Research for a small fee
And that I sell Domain Names (stock and ones I buy for them)

My customer base here is from farmers to international firms
And from what I can tell I would be the first here to start
something like this

I guess this is something that should work

Thanks for the input so far

John B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back