Domain Empire

question .co.za Dropcatch Software? Does it Exist?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlexR

Established Member
Impact
Hi

I've tried to catch a few .co.za domains manually and keep getting beaten.

Is there any software that is used that I could buy to assist?

Looking forward to any guidance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some registrars offer a backorder service, otherwise you need to find a registrar that has an API available and maybe code something around it.
But there are quite a few registrars catching .co.za, so an API is hardly going to beat them. It's a competitive namespace.

•••
Have you try expireddomains.net ?

•••
@Kate - what do you mean by 'quite a few registrars catching .co.za, so an API is hardly going to beat them'?

What's the best way for me to catch a few of the .co.za's?

•••
What's the best way for me to catch a few of the .co.za's?
Become a registrar ?
Or find registrars that can catch domains on your behalf.

•••
@Kate - any registrars you can recommend? I use domains.co.za and am a reseller there but they don't help with catching dropping domains. This is why I'm not quite following. :(

•••
Warrick: A special robot has been developed whereby it will, in a sense, monitor the time that that domain was originally registered, and it will monitor the time and know the exact time that the domain is going to drop. And it is all automated, so it will send the domain registration request literally the millisecond that domain drops. However, there are a few people competing for that name, so you got to just ensure your timing is really, really to the T in order to catch those type of names that are dropping.

https://www.domainsherpa.com/warrick-mulder-coza-interview/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/south-africa-co-za-dropcatch-service-is-there-one.1044509/

Last edited:
•••
I've read that interview previously but certain there must be an easier way rather than some special robot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back