Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just picked 329 .co domains at current promotion, was planning to register 500 domains, but I was too lazy :xf.wink:

•••
Just picked 329 .co domains at current promotion, was planning to register 500 domains, but I was too lazy :xf.wink:

Care to share a sample?

•••
•••
I regged around 200-300 .co on the gd 1$ and then some at $2 after..

at these prices its a no brainer.. I too was bit lazy to go out of my way much to reg anything other than what was essentially on the expired lists day after day.

I'd be very suprised if I don't at least get my money back in one year on this.. but of course.. the name of the game is to make some roi too...

I've no clue what .co is planning with their tier pricings.. but its clearly a bad idea for an extension which while nice is still basically a jokingly high price to renew.... resulting in a ton of expired names each year... and is often even expensive to register.. how about .co just leave things as they are ... and you have a chance at a slow but steady growth each year... no time to get greedy now.

Last edited:
•••
which registrar?

well.. first there was gd at 1$ .. best price.
then dotster.. $2...

now those 2 are over.

I think all these .co promos end in july. so about now. but I could be wrong.. maybe few more days into august.

•••
well.. first there was gd at 1$ .. best price.
then dotster.. $2...

now those 2 are over.

I think all these .co promos end in july. so about now. but I could be wrong.. maybe few more days into august.

got one from GD few days back.

unless the promo is still active somewhere, Namecheap seems to be the cheapest at $8.88.

lets see where @meslam479 got his/her new portfolio from.

•••
porkbun and dynadot are still providing 1-2 $ deals , if anyone's interested (y)

•••
Care to share a sample?

BFinance
AccessWeb
BeerLab
AlphaWolf
GameCore
TechnoWorld
ProjectRoom
Aptec
ScanTec

from godaddy and porkbun promotions

•••
I got a few dictionaries at Dynadot ($2 each) and bought another one from a forum member earlier today.

today-was-a-good-day-meme-Imgu-fL7u.jpeg

•••
Bought some CVCVs from NP - still looking for nice drops that aren't taken by the registry (all were that I checked thus far.)

•••
•••
Thanks Addison for the chart link.

It's strange though. Can you confirm what I see here, that the data shown in the table and line chart for .CO is missing since May 30, 2018? The chart description says only a 3 day delay. So during this time since China approval we have no data ughh!

.CO chart
https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/co-TLD_ID-1287

India was last updated on July 19, 2018
https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/in-TLD_ID-1212

Others I see through July 29, 2018.

china approval ?

please elaborate, links would help thanks

•••
•••
So good names will be reserved and probably get a (steep) premium renewal.
Mediocre crap will be taken by domainers via perpetual $1 and soon $0.01 promotions (ala .xyz)
The only thing left for end users will be pure garbage. But between garbage in .com and garbage in .co people will just stick with .com

(a few year later)

registry bankrupts and has to rethink their "premium program" but by then no one cares about .co anymore

The End

•••
•••
Some ccTLDs release stats and publish them on their official website, but AFAIK .co are not doing this.

I checked some ccTLDs on domainnamestat.com and I can tell that the stats are badly outdated (possibly years behind) and worse they are not dated. Example: .ca
Their figures: 2,298,371
Figures from Cira: 2,760,369

Thanks for trying. If anyone finds or can request data updates please do so. China impact month over month will be very interesting to see, good or bad, but you all want to see it right?

So this group just uncovered another issue, and it happens with many tld not just this one. I like to call it ''data risk'. In that bad data is passed off as look see!!! And yet we see nothing. It's not real data. And it impacts your investment in a negative way.

Couple that with ''guru risk" and ".com storm trooper" risk. Those that provide no useful insight and just want to bash without digging into the data and see what the trends say. Or claiming bankruptcy without looking at a company balance sheet for example.

Please keep looking for the sources of data and ask sites to refresh!

•••
Picked up Menlo.co at Godaddy closeouts today. Menlo Park, New Jersey is where Edison established his first lab and made many of his inventions. There is a Menlo Park in San Francisco that is home to many startup investors and Facebook's main campus. Thought it would be a good name for a startup or a startup incubator.

•••
•••
•••
porkbun $1.5 deal GONE NOW !!

Only dynadot offering .co @$2 each NOW !!

Make the maximum use of it while its there.

Good luck (y)

•••
OnlineBikes.co
OnlineCars.co

•••
•••
.co count as per domaintools : 2.234 million

Does the "sign up" give you monthly or annual tabular data?

The .CO Registry announced 2 million at the end of 2015 if I read that correctly. So if 200,000 per year (my guess, nothing more) would be 2.5 million by now? Plus new china sales if any.
https://blog.go.co/2016/01/25/by-the-numbers-2-million-co-d/

Here is a bit of info I dug up which has me scratching my head. You can buy a report for $27 per tld. But look at what they are saying, and think if this is the data source that some of these tld sites are using.

".CO 1.8 million ... We separate our lists by country and not by individual zone files. This means that some lists will contain multiple zone files. For example, our .au list contains data from .com.au. .net.au, etc".
https://viewdns.info/data/

So at this point I don't even know if .com.co + .co are lumped together by these tools.

What we need is data direct from the registry like NIC Mexico does.

I read that "Golden Gate Capital" took NeuStar private last year so I'm not sure if they will release the data anytime soon. It seems that the company is going through major changes at the moment. Being taken private like this looks like a good thing for them. Usually companies get reworked, sometimes split, then are able to come out stronger. They can't do that when traded publicly because the markets will crash them.

I've tried emailing Investor Relations, PR, etc asking for the data from 2010 by year/month in tabular form with annual if not monthly update. Please send out your own requests as reporters, investors, etc. But again they are private now so they might not respond.

Last edited:
•••
Does the "sign up" give you monthly or annual tabular data?

The .CO Registry announced 2 million at the end of 2015 if I read that correctly. So if 200,000 per year (my guess, nothing more) would be 2.5 million by now? Plus new china sales if any.
https://blog.go.co/2016/01/25/by-the-numbers-2-million-co-d/

Here is a bit of info I dug up which has me scratching my head. You can buy a report for $27 per tld. But look at what they are saying, and think if this is the data source that some of these tld sites are using.

".CO 1.8 million ... We separate our lists by country and not by individual zone files. This means that some lists will contain multiple zone files. For example, our .au list contains data from .com.au. .net.au, etc". So at this point I don't even know if .com.co + .co are lumped together by these tools.
https://viewdns.info/data/

What we need is data direct form the registry like NIC Mexico does.

I read that "Golden Gate Capital" took NeuStar private last year so I'm not sure if they will release the data anytime soon. It seems that the company is going through major changes at the moment. Being taken private like this looks like a good thing for them. Usually companies get reworked, sometimes split, then are able to come out stronger. They can't do that when traded publicly because the markets will crash them.

I've tried emailing Investor Relations, PR, etc asking for the data from 2010 by year/month in tabular form with annual if not monthly update. Please send out your own requests as reporters, investors, etc. But again they are private now so they might not respond.

sorry but i dont have an account at domain tools, i posted what i can get as a guest, thanks

•••
Anyone else think there is a MAJOR problem with DomainTools stats?

I was just comparing NIC Mexico published stats to DomainTools and the stats on DomainTools just make no sense.

NIC Mexico 1 million reported as of Jul-31-2018 includes all sub-domains .mx, .com.mx, .org.mx, etc:
http://www.nicmexico.mx/es/NicMx.Indicadores/Dominios?type=1

DomainTools shows 781 thousand with a label of .MX no data compilation explanation that I found.
http://research.domaintools.com/statistics/tld-counts/

On the DomainTools website it says this:

"For registry's that don't provide a zone file or publish an up-to-date record, Our Count represents all domains we know about, which is usually more accurate."

More accurate, really?

What about the other 30% of domain names that didn't get picked up in the zone file scan. I guess a 219,000 rounding error is ok? Do they even audit their own data to find errors?

If I miss understood the comparison of the two sources please let me know.

It's a different TLD I know but the point is the .CO can't be right either.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back