Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The reason I found the website Namecore.com is because on this website (https://www.gritbrokerage.com/notable-sales), the following recent .co domain sales are mentioned:

Leaf.co - $89k (Oct 2016)
Ejuice.co - $32k (Dec 2015)
Turtle.co - $32k (June 2015)
Input.co - $30k (Jan 2017)
Civic.co - $27k (Sept 2015)
Wear.co - $19k (Nov 2016)
Fort.co - $18k (Oct 2016)
Output.co - $15k (Mar 2016)
Roam.co - $15k (Dec 2015)
Nonlinear.co - $13k (July 2016)
Glossy.co - $12,500 (April 2016)
Tender.co - $12k (Nov 2015)
Loom.co - $11k (Oct 2016)
Imaginary.co - $10k (Dec 2016)
Hale.co - $10k (June 2015)
Trout.co - $9,500 (Dec 2015)
Nerds.co - $9k (June 2016)
Grove.co - $9k (Jan 2016)

Some of the above domain names are however still listed at Namecore for sale.

Last edited:
•••
•••
An investor called Wolfgang Moecklin also seems to own between 1,500 and 2,000 .CO domain names....

•••
An investor called Wolfgang Moecklin also seems to own between 1,500 and 2,000 .CO domain names....

They are indeed all listed on Undeveloped under his name.

Maintaining an extensive .co portfolio is however an expensive hobby:
- The renewal fee is 3 times as much as .com
- You have to hold on to them significantly longer than .com's - as they don't sell as frequently
- The sales prices are significantly lower than .com's.
- The combination of the 3 above.

I think startups that can't afford the keyword.com, are potential candidates for buying the keyword.co (but in my view only when the .com is not a developed website, otherwise you run the risk that important emails are sent to the .com address). They can however also decide to go with other extensions, such as .io, .ai, etc.

And organizations that use keywordABC.com/net, could be interested in a shorter domain (keyword.co) that could also give them some SEO advantages.

•••
Agree with all the above. However the acquisition price for many great-looking brands is around 3 to 10 times less expensive than their .COM counterparts (competition, auctions). Also, there are very large holders of .CO / .IO / .EU domains that are regularly selling (~1% p.a.) for respectable retail prices ($1,500-$4,500 range).

•••
Agree with all the above. However the acquisition price for many great-looking brands is around 3 to 10 times less expensive than their .COM counterparts (competition, auctions). Also, there are very large holders of .CO / .IO / .EU domains that are regularly selling (~1% p.a.) for respectable retail prices ($1,500-$4,500 range).

I agree, but:
- Namebio shows about ~4000 .co sales and ~400.000 .com sales, so .co's are 100 times less likely to sell than .com's (that is, if the quality of the names are the same). I think the big .co portfolio holders mainly have short well-known one-word dictionary words, so then they might still ~1 p.a., which is the same as a very average .com portfolio.

- If the .com is only available for $ XX,XXX - $XXX,XXX - then I think startups might consider taking the .co. If the .com is available for $ X,XXX, then I don't think they will consider the .co - as they simply invest in the .com (certainly when it's "only" 3 times more expensive).

Mike Mann also has an interesting set of about 100 .co's including:

Movies.co - $999888
DomainMarket.co - $499888
Office.co - $499888
Advertising.co - $299888
Time.co - $ 299888
Drugstore.co - $199888
Investing.co - $199888
Money.co - $199888
Oil.co - $199888
Shopping.co - $179888
Health.co - $174888
Bank.co - $149888
Downloads.co - $149888
Entertainment.co - $149888
Gold.co - $149888
CreditCards.co - $119888
Doctors.co - $119888
Shoes.co - $119888
Computers.co - $109888
Gas.co - $99888
Clothing.co - $94888
Training.co - $94888
Appliances.co - $84888
Technology.co - $84888

•••
Today I have recived 2 enquiries for .co domains via uniregistry, (1 med, 2 tech industry), I expect mid $xxxx, we will see.

•••
that is positive - hope you can land at least 1 sale of those 2 leads.
Are they 1 or 2-keyword domains? or more brand-type?

How long ago were they registered?

•••
Today I have recived 2 enquiries for .co domains via uniregistry, (1 med, 2 tech industry), I expect mid $xxxx, we will see.

nice. were they from your recent promo reg batch?

•••
From previous promotion on uniregistry

•••
WebSolutions.co
freshers.co
jobless.co

•••
Valuator
FirstSource
GiveUp
TotalTech

•••
Does anyone actually know how many .co's have been registered in total? I'm not aware of any zonefile that keeps track of this.

•••
Was wanting to know this as well @MarkedMarket especially how many regs they gained during the promo

http://support.go.co/customer/porta...-provide-access-to-the-co-zone-file-?b_id=497

Does .CO Internet provide access to the .CO Zone File? Last Updated: Oct 07, 2013 03:30PM COT
No. Currently, access to the .CO Zone File is not available to the general public. .CO Accredited Registrars and Affiliate Partners may apply and be granted access to the .CO Zone File based upon signing a Zone File Sharing Agreement and paying a one-time fee. Access is granted on a case-by-case basis. Interested parties should contact [email protected] for more information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My guess is @jmcc might have some insight about if the info is obtainable
http://www.hosterstats.com/co-website-usage-survey.php

•••
Thanks usernamex.

The best I was able to find is that in January 2016, there were more than 2 million .co domains.

This link has quite a nice infographic: http://www.go.co/blog/2016/01/25/by-the-numbers-2-million-co-d/

InfographicCO-2millDUM-v45.jpg

•••
•••
ccw.cc/ymzcl/

Global more than 1000 domain name registration volume data, and provides domain name registration quantity movement chart, facilitates the friend to discover and the analysis domain name transaction. Data from the Registration Bureau statistics, updated every day statistics, some registration bureau may exist update lag

•••
That is awesome @hongye - the Orange text is "View The Trend" and shows a chart of the last 30 days. Will take screenshots later.
Looks like around 100,000 added since 20 July

•••
ccw.cc/ymzcl/

Global more than 1000 domain name registration volume data, and provides domain name registration quantity movement chart, facilitates the friend to discover and the analysis domain name transaction. Data from the Registration Bureau statistics, updated every day statistics, some registration bureau may exist update lag

Thanks hongye! So as per today, there are 2.240.011 .co registrations, with 1564 added yesterday and 1864 added the day before yesterday.

And usernamex, you are indeed completely correct: on 21 July there were about 2.137.500 .co registrations, so that means that about 100.000 have been added since because of the promotion.

•••
I would like to report a .co sale .................(that did not occur because of my own stupidity)

I can talk about it now since it got cleared up. Thanks @Joe Styler Everything sorted today.
and sorry for bothering you with a trivial matter on your vacation.

Ok so I got a mail one morning saying money entered escrow for domain $500,
$400 was the price it was secured at.
Happy days....

I went searching for Auth Code.
I couldn't find it.
Went looking for reason.

I then remembered I let it drop because I thought it was not good enough, I had a few domains coming up around then and I needed to cut the deadwood.

I kept a 4 word .com instead of a two word .co
The///Bank///of///BTC/////.com

The 2 word domain I let drop/and was then "sold" on afternic was

Trade/////BTC///.co

and I never deleted the domain from the afternic account. AGHHHHHHH.

When I went searching for domain I found it was taken by a Bitcoin company already not long after I let it drop.

lol.

So two stupid mistakes in hindsight.

1) letting it drop during the ongoing bitcoin craze.
2) not deleting it from Afternic.

The reason number two hurts the most is I now know that it could have sold if I kept it.
I was peeved for the day, but then I had to get over it.

BTC domains are selling in .co,

but heres another thing:

I have The//////BTC//////Bank//////.co thats going to de dropped in a couple days, do I keep it or let it go.
It's a three word .co and as I gather from domaining reading I'm inclined to let it go and stick with the .com even if it is a 4 word .com

But it is still the BTC craze so I dont know what to do.

•••
•••
Nice sales! I'm a bit too impatient for selling mine for peanuts :xf.grin:

Next time, I'll certainly hold.

•••
They are indeed all listed on Undeveloped under his name.

Maintaining an extensive .co portfolio is however an expensive hobby:
- The renewal fee is 3 times as much as .com
- You have to hold on to them significantly longer than .com's - as they don't sell as frequently
- The sales prices are significantly lower than .com's.
- The combination of the 3 above.

You're generally right here, but the issue is that you're focusing only on price(cost). How about you tell us the value(potential revenue from sales)? If he's holding good/the right .co domains, he is going to make his money back,no doubt.

•••
You're generally right here, but the issue is that you're focusing only on price(cost). How about you tell us the value(potential revenue from sales)? If he's holding good/the right .co domains, he is going to make his money back,no doubt.

I doubt it. If you have a portfolio of 1000 .co names, you yearly renewal costs are $ 22.000 USD.

So in order to break even, you have to sell at least per year:
- 44 names for $500; or
- 22 names for $1000; or
- 11 names for $2000

Every year you don't sell at least $22.000, you are losing (and not even making any profit at all). A similar .com portfolio costs 'only' $8000 USD to renew, and chances that you are selling more names for more money are far more likely.

So I personally don't think that keeping a big portfolio of .co's is sustainable. After a year you need to review and cut down your portfolio to the best, most promising 50 to 100 names in order to make any chance of making any profit at all.

•••
Handicap (.) co

25 + extensions taken
Volume: 246,000/mo

PM If interested.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back