IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jewelry.CO on Sedo auction at $24,000. To the mods: not my name (unfortunately :p)

I think someone made mention that this one sold for around $700 last year or the year before. I might be wrong... Whatever the case may be, what a lovely bid this is.

:wave:

•••
•••
Like one of the best domainers of all time (Jay Z) said, on to the next one. The owner letting it go only after 5 months doesn't show much faith in it.

I can't remember if .CO was an advertiser on his blog at the time.of purchase, but I don't think he's ever been much of a supporter of .CO. I think he saw those 2 .COs as a low-risk way of testing the waters, and once he didn't see any steady typo traffic coming in, he completely lost interest.

I don't know why the only potential value some people see in .CO is "typo traffic." That didn't figure remotely into my reasons for jumping on board.

In terms of Cherry.co, I've found that sometimes people use what.we think of as "product" keywords as brandables. It's something you can't predict, but it happens. I sold a .CO and assumed it was a company who made products associated with the name - instead, it was someone looking for a catchy name.

•••
Jewelry.CO on Sedo auction at $24,000. To the mods: not my name (unfortunately :p)

IMHO, this buyer has made a grievous error. I suppose that some have money to flush down the proverbial toilet.

So, I wish the owner and all future owners of this little gem lots of luck.

I think someone made mention that this one sold for around $700 last year or the year before. I might be wrong... Whatever the case may be, what a lovely bid this is.

BTW, I think this was one of Mann's names at some point, I don't recall it ever being sold for $700. It would have been unusual for him if he let it go at that price.

It's always nice to visit and see that hope springs eternal on this board.

•••
"I don't know why the only potential value some people see in .CO is "typo traffic."

I don't either. It's not good for branding or building your business on as well since it's the closest to .com which just leads to confusion. It's really not much good for anything.

•••
I assumed Jewelry.co was one of Mann's names - my jaw dropped when I saw it's one of our frequent posters. I don't see why Mike Mann would have dropped it.

If it goes through, that's a great sale. A sale like that would literally change my life.

•••
Oh, didn't realize that Jewelry.CO is not a completed sale and just a bid at this point.

•••
"I don't know why the only potential value some people see in .CO is "typo traffic."

I don't either. It's not good for branding or building your business on as well since it's the closest to .com which just leads to confusion. It's really not much good for anything.

well then....you probably don't need to waste your time here :-/

•••
well then....you probably don't need to waste your time here :-/

I bought 1 so I could be here :) I was looking for something else and came upon 1 that had 800,000+ exact match, so figured what the hell. Still a bad extension for all of the reasons already gone thru to death. It's like any other off extension out there, still can make money with it, if you get great keywords. So not all is lost.

•••
Maybe, I'll buy one too so I'm allowed to participate here. Now, where is that Robert Cline, he surely has some he'd be willing to sell.

•••
•••
Looks like OptionsTrading.co now has a $4200 bid. Appears to be owned by the same guy as Jewelry.co. Wonder if that European .CO collector is back at it again. The one who bought all those Mike Mann names over the past few years.

•••
neither bid is from Europe

•••

Socially.CO still at $1,100

That's a strange one. Could have sworn that Mike Mann owned that one. Maybe he sold it privately for less than $24000. :) Whois was last updated Mar. 6 of 2012.

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Looks like OptionsTrading.co now has a $4200 bid. Appears to be owned by the same guy as Jewelry.co. Wonder if that European .CO collector is back at it again. The one who bought all those Mike Mann names over the past few years.

Hmmmm. Two bids for two .co both having the same owner. I'm not saying that those .co aren't worth the money. I think they are. But the fact that two larger sales at the same time with the same guy? We'll see. If the bidder pays up and all is well, that's some pretty good sales.

•••
That's a strange one. Could have sworn that Mike Mann owned that one. Maybe he sold it privately for less than $24000. :) Whois was last updated Mar. 6 of 2012.

Mike Mann did own it, and it was certainly not sold for $700 in the past.

I am sure MM did not sell a keyword of that quality for cheap.

It is a top tier keyword, and the .NET sold for $270,000 in 2010.

Brad

•••
Maybe, I'll buy one too so I'm allowed to participate here. Now, where is that Robert Cline, he surely has some he'd be willing to sell.

I have one so I could be here but I've not been here much - do you want mine?

Risque.co

It's a great name I think. Lots of strip clubs will want it and I won't charge better than .com prices.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

neither bid is from Europe

No because they would have bid on Jewellery.co and not the U.S. spelling I think.

What's the point of a GLOBAL (it is a gTLD, right) with a U.S. english spelling :)

•••

When it was listed for sale on DomainMarket, it was for $25,000. It's possible MM could have sold it for slightly less than that - his first (public) .CO sale was Flying.co for $3500. But Jewelry is MUCH better keyword, and even if .COs only provide a small percentage of his sales, Mann's a businessman and I can't imagine he'd sell it for too cheap.

•••
Yeah I agree. And the .net was worth every penny. I was just saying that it wouldn't make sense for the new owner to put a reserve that was lower than what he paid for it 2 months after he bought it.

I'm pretty sure jewelry.co was at higher than $25000 at DomainMarket.com.

Brad

•••
I'm pretty sure jewelry.co was at higher than $25000 at DomainMarket.com.

I thought the same thing, but I do my research before I post. The price was mentioned in Fusible.com's archives and several other domain news sites when DomainMarket sent out press releases about having priced their .COs.

I'm on my phone right now, so I don't have the link, but if you do a search for ["jewelry.co" domain mann], exactly like that, with tho quotes but minus the brackets, the first result should be Fusible's archive. The actual article is about two-thirds down the page.

Most of his top-tier .COs were $100k+. Jewelry.co was listed at $25,000. If he listed it somewhere for higher prior to that, I have no idea.

•••
Don't start with that garbage, Sushi. I'm not here to provide researched news for you. If you want to do the research, that's up to you. I really don't care THAT much about the sale. I just know the keyword "jewelry" and didn't recall the exact price and $25000 seemed a bit low. If you want to toot your own "researching" skills, please don't do it at my expense.

I thought the same thing, but I do my research before I post. The price was mentioned in Fusible.com's archives and several other domain news sites when DomainMarket sent out press releases about having priced their .COs.

I'm on my phone right now, so I don't have the link, but if you do a search for ["jewelry.co" domain mann], exactly like that, with tho quotes but minus the brackets, the first result should be Fusible's archive. The actual article is about two-thirds down the page.

Most of his top-tier .COs were $100k+. Jewelry.co was listed at $25,000. If he listed it somewhere for higher prior to that, I have no idea.

•••
Graduation.CO on sedo auction at $500 (not mine).

•••
Don't start with that garbage, Sushi. I really don't care THAT much about the sale. I just know the keyword "jewelry" and didn't recall the exact price and $25000 seemed a bit low.

It is low. I was just stating a fact, to show where the current bid is compared to what it was once listed for (which doesn't mean it couldn't have been purchased for lower in a private deal).

No reason to get upset over the facts.

•••
Friend,

It's not facts that make for problems. It's personal slight.

It is not hard to understand suggestive language. You said it and circumlocution won't help.

In any case, the fact is it's low. Nuff said.

It is low. I was just stating a fact, to show where the current bid is compared to what it was once listed for (which doesn't mean it couldn't have been purchased for lower in a private deal).

No reason to get upset over the facts.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Wrong thread. Try the ccTLD selling thread or the general selling thread. This is for sales and discussion.

•••
In any case, the fact is it's low. Nuff said.

Umm, no, this is not a fact. Check your facts and get back to me.

IMHO, this is a gross overpayment for a .co domain.

•••
Umm, no, this is not a fact. Check your facts and get back to me.

:lol: You should check your facts homie!! He is referring to the price that it was listed at, saying that the listed price might have been higher.

So since you know your facts, what price did you see the domain listed at when Mike Mann had it???

Adios Amigo,
:wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back