IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could anyone tell me what the last bid for Church.CO was? Was it pulled from auction or did it sell?

Sold at $2k

•••
Putting the one ongoing auction aside, it seems the consensus here is that 'only' domainers/resellers showed up and got steals, and basically 'no' endusers got any good deals on .co domains today?!! Hmmm... and this can be derived by just looking at, and assessing the dismal prices?!? (Perhaps anonymous appraising is misunderstood.)

Although I wasn't able to invest as much time and effort as I normally would because of traveling this week, I did email about 30 end users. It was all in the last 48 hrs. and there's no way to tell if any of them bid - you could have a rep from a magazine in Latin America click on the link, register, and bid, and for all we know, they could be willing to go up to $xxxx on the name - but with increments of $10, it would take a long time to get there. If they happen to be the last person who bids, it's theirs, regardless of how much they COULD have paid for it. It's a steal for them.

I'm inclined to think that we were mostly seeing reseller activity today, but end users do sometimes show up...when you specifically invite them ahead of time.

•••
hey everybody.. i grabbed a name at today's auction, one that i would like to think has some potential to an end user - i will reveal once the name clears and hits my account... but...

... i was really hoping to get an idea from you all... and please, without any extension prejudiced... from both parties - "for" and "against"

... what do you consider to be the best "BARGAINS" of the auction?
i'm sure a few stand out that you would consider 'Bargains'

by bargains, i don't necessarily mean a name that sold for $2k but you thought it could have sold for $10k.. i mean 'A BARGAIN!".

:)

i look forward to hearing your replies

•••
hey everybody.. i grabbed a name at today's auction, one that i would like to think has some potential to an end user - i will reveal once the name clears and hits my account... but...

... i was really hoping to get an idea from you all... and please, without any extension prejudiced... from both parties - "for" and "against"

... what do you consider to be the best "BARGAINS" of the auction?
i'm sure a few stand out that you would consider 'Bargains'

by bargains, i don't necessarily mean a name that sold for $2k but you thought it could have sold for $10k.. i mean 'A BARGAIN!".

:)

i look forward to hearing your replies

I'm still waiting to see the final results. Surprised nobody has it yet up on their blog* or there was any live blogging type of stuff going on.

Anybody here make note of the final results?

*well it just ended an hour or so ago. Probably later today.

I did see some generic products without any bids before I went to bed, so if you got those at a good price, probably some room to make a little money.

•••
Could anyone tell me what the last bid for Church.CO was? Was it pulled from auction or did it sell?
As far I saw at the end of the auction, it reached 2.000 USD.

The final list will come from somebody... I guess
But as I was still bidding on a couple of domains in the last minutes, I can't say what all the domainnames went or didn't sell at all.
However I am certain that 3 domainnames didn't sell and didn't get a bid at all. It were 3 I wanted to buy, but being busy bidding on 5 domains was difficult+, and it was the first time in three years I bidded again in such a kind of auction. When I bidded I thaught there was a mistake or something with my computer or with Sedo being overwhelmed with bddings, because my computer froze a bit or went very slow it stuck.

Another 1 succeeded and got not further then quite cheap, and I was also a bidder on one of the ones that took more then an hour after the so-called end of the bidding without new bds in the last minutes., because everytime there came 7 minutes or so extra whenever a person bidded 10 USD or Euro or GBP extra in the last 5, 4 3 2 or 1 minutes.
I didn't bid more finally, and somebody else got the domain. That domain didn't went very high, but yet i preferred to stop bidding I preferred to stop at that time.
That was also the time
there were still 2 other domeins weren't sold yet or just sold =

jelly.CO went 2.550 USD
church.CO went 2.000 USD (both not to me).

These two took probably the longest time in the bidding, together with the name I bddded on...and i stopped bidding on.
Anyhow I was sad I couldn't put a bid on the three other domains I wanted to bid on.
But the domain i wanted the most I do have.
:wave:

Oh yes and now that I look to my windows = Holy.CO SOLD for 110 USD.

BTW : I don't think you simply can talk about "resellers" on the one hand and "endusers" on the other
Lots of "resellers" or "visitors of this forum", also will develop some names I guess, and are for these domains endusers themselves for some of the domains they buy.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Something else now =

Keith, do you know more now about these ?

Just checked Whois for some of the .co that were auctioned at Pool. The domains have not yet been transferred to the new owners. Sloooooow!!!

Last edited:
•••
One of the best deals I saw:

Ovens.co went for $190.

Very nice. Congratulations to the buyer.

•••
The sedo premium auction went MUCH BETTER than the Pool Re-Auction.
horoscopo.co & equipment.co went for over $3000

I counted around 20 domains over $1000
Ca. 150 domains got sold.

Last edited:
•••
[/COLOR]Something else now =

Keith, do you know more now about these ?

I did notice that a week or so ago. I will email Lori Anne to get an update :)

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I lost $100 on peanutbutter :( the buyer got a great deal IMO

•••
However, I saw that you made a nice little profit on some others.

Congrats, Keith.

I did notice that a week or so ago. I will email Lori Anne to get an update :)

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I lost $100 on peanutbutter :( the buyer got a great deal IMO

•••
However, I saw that you made a nice little profit on some others.

Congrats, Keith.

Thanks and yes I came out ahead. Of course payment still needs to be made!

•••
Anybody know what peliculas.co sold for?

•••
Here some results:
equity.co 1800 USD
mailing.co 510 GBP
hombre.co 230 EUR

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I think the best deal was:
ground.co $100

•••
I disagree. It was a good reseller auction. You can NOT compare anything with .com. That's what you are doing. .CO has it's own life. If you want to talk .com, I'd be more than willing to discuss it...

We've all been over this .com comparison thing over and over. It's just not relevant. .CO has its own endusers at a market-dictated price. I understand what you are getting at but its just not relevant. Profit margins are smaller with .co, at the moment, but is there a problem with that?

I think most of these sales were reseller because that's the bulk of the entire market Worldwide. I mean the reality is that a .CO end user market is practically nonexistent.

The best way to make money in this extension is to sell to a fellow reseller, only one that's a little more delusional and one that just got paid..

•••
This one was also a great deal:
Meal.co 120 USD

•••
One of the best deals I saw:

Ovens.co went for $190.

Very nice. Congratulations to the buyer.

Looks like the poet got that one.

Good reseller auction? I guess if you were the buyer. Not if you were the seller and had domains go for low $xxx. I've seen decent generics go for more in a lot of other extensions that have been around for while and some not usually well thought of. If you got it at reg fee or a good deal and made some money, ok. But it's not a good look for the extension to have generics going for that low. Doesn't show domainer confidence in the extension. But, there will probably be some good end user sales coming down the line. I just expected some of what I've seen to go higher.

•••
I think equity was the bargain at 1800, that's nuts.

Lots of good deals though, not so much for the sellers though.

Would be interesting to see what these sell for eventually.

•••
•••
Did Scholar.co sell - I totally forgot about this auction and intended to bid on that.

•••
•••
Any body got any stats of the original buying price (auction and landrush reg fee names) and subsequent Sedo no reserve auction price for these names?

That would indicate if the market has tanked or not.From the number of keyword names that sold at very low $xxx I am guessing it's the former?

•••
So, the final result of the premium auction:
The auction netted $66,7k
The highest sold domain: Horoscopo.co 3150EUR=4100USD
20 Domains of $1000 and more.
149 sold domains, 8 removed & 35 with no bids.

I hope I didnt miss any...

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Any body got any stats of the original buying price (auction and landrush reg fee names) and subsequent Sedo no reserve auction price for these names?

That would indicate if the market has tanked or not.From the number of keyword names that sold at very low $xxx I am guessing it's the former?

Most domains in the auction were registered AFTER Landrush during the FREE AVAILABILITY, i.e. with prices $5-$29 depending on time and registrar.

•••
So, the final result of the premium auction:
The auction netted $66,7k
The highest sold domain: Horoscopo.co 3150EUR=4100USD
20 Domains of $1000 and more.
149 sold domains, 8 removed & 35 with no bids.

I hope I didnt miss any...

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Most domains in the auction were registered AFTER Landrush during the FREE AVAILABILITY, i.e. with prices $5-$29 depending on time and registrar.

Source?

•••
•••
•••
I checked all myself and most of them are July 20 regs.

Fair comment although I thought had read in the thread of quite a few names that were bought at auction or otherwise and the sellers were moaning about how much they were likely to lose?

Perhaps I misread, I am quite old!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back