Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don´t know if it´s just you, but it´s not on page 1 here for same search.

Try searching for the exact match on Google.com (international version). Screenshot is attached.

Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q=juegos%20de%20mario

Attachments

• Snapshot.png
    Snapshot.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
•••
@trelgor

I've tried searching for "juegos de mario" on Google.com using two proxies located in the USA and Spain and I see the same results.

Last edited:
•••
@trelgor

I've tried searching for "juegos de mario" on Google.com using two proxies located in the USA and Spain and I see the same results.

I get Juegosmario.tv first and then Juegos-de-mario.co second.

Interestingly enough, Juegos-de-mario.co has no PR juice and is still ranked second. The 3rd spot is owned by oyunlar1.com that has Alexa rank 1507 and PR 3.. This goes to show the importance of keywords in the domain name.

Last edited:
•••
I get Juegosmario.tv first and then Juegos-de-mario.co second.

Same results here, as you can also see from the screenshot I posted.

It's interesting to notice that "juegos de mario" receives 4,000,000+ exact searches as per GAKT and produces 173,000,000 results on Google.com, online gaming is a very crowded industry. Glad to see a .CO on 2nd position.

As a side note, Juegos-De-Mario.CO is only 5 months old.

Last edited:
•••
@trelgor

Right, same in Sweden. But that´s quite a niche term...

Nevertheless nice. Strange also that .co ranks higher than the .com, that was registered in 2004, and is "more developed" than the .co.

"Juegos": only 1 cctld on page 1 google.com: .es in 10th spot. The rest is .com.

•••
Strange also that .co ranks higher than the .com, that was registered in 2004, and is "more developed" than the .co

Searching for juegos de mario on Google from here, I can't see either JuegosDeMario.com or Juegos-De-Mario.com in the first three pages, despite both are developed. What position are they on your SERP?

PS: I've been doing all searches without the quotes.

Last edited:
•••
Searching for juegos de mario on Google from here, I can't see either JuegosDeMario.com or Juegos-De-Mario.com in the first three pages, despite both are developed. What position are they on your SERP?

PS: I've been doing all searches without the quotes.

I don´t know the position of the .com equivalents. Not on page 1. Same result without quotes.

Just noticed "3d-juegos.co", which is semideveloped, outranks my "3djuegos.co" parked with Sedo. On page 1 for "3d juegos".

•••
Sedo reports that rollerskates.co is sold for $2,500

•••
Interesting. My intuition based off a few things and my work in SEO says that Google is treating .co domains a little nicer in the past month.

A .co domain I set up with some content rose to #1 for a search phrase (albeit not the most competitive one) plus some other signs.

Hmmm... also, I'm hoping that they have some marketing tricks to spice things up before renewals. Would be good for the extension.

•••
•••
Business.co $80000
Holland.co $12000
Gin.co $7000

This month .co sold
Source : dnjournal

So july is coming soon an renewal too, I will renew my LLL.co :)

•••
All of the following are on auction at Sedo:

kgbdeals.CO currently at 500 EUR (~$710) and 5 days left.

groupbuy.CO currently at $300 and 6 days left.

bower.CO currently at $200 and 4 days left.

•••
Internet.CO Sells For $40,000

Internet.CO Sells For $40,000
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2011/05/27/internet-co-sells-for-40000-on-sedo-com-whiskey-co-sells-for-14k-becomes-the-latest-in-a-string-of-alcohol-related-co-sales/

•••
From Ryan Colby's status on Facebook (just published):
More .co domains moving. This little extension seems to be holding its own so far in the secondary market.
BTW TennisRackets.CO just sold on Sedo for $1,000.

•••
Some nice sales recently. But, it should be noted that if you look at who the buyers in are in the high price transactions, it's really just two individuals who are accumulating these co domains.

One individual bought all those alcohol related domains and paid $80k for business.co, $40k for internet.co, and $12k for Holland.co.

Another domain investor purchased all those sports related domains like tennisrackets.co and snowboards.co. that have been showing up on sales lists recently.

Why are they paying what seem to me as outrageous prices for co domains? Who knows? And how long will they keep buying?

Just thought I'd add some context to all the sales reports lest some newbie domainers begin to think that .co domains are actually generating this type of demand from end user developers. No, this is just domainer speculation on the part of a couple of individuals so tread cautiously. I guess these folks are betting on something happening to stimulate demand for these names from end users in the future. I have serious doubts that these purchases will be profitable but I guess we'll see, I could be wrong.

•••
Good post, Rusty.
A series of sales do not make a market.

My guess is that the alcohol-related domains are a remake of flowers.mobi by the 'newer' generation. Different extension, same dream.

I remember when .mobi was launched for instance, there were quite many encouraging sales and that lasted for quite a while. Since the sales were sustained some people thought that this time, the extension could be 'different'.
Then, nothing. The bubble burst.
Renewal time will be the first mass reality check. Soon.

•••
Good post, Rusty.
A series of sales do not make a market.

My guess is that the alcohol-related domains are a remake of flowers.mobi by the 'newer' generation. Different extension, same dream.

I remember when .mobi was launched for instance, there were quite many encouraging sales and that lasted for quite a while. Since the sales were sustained some people thought that this time, the extension could be 'different'.
Then, nothing. The bubble burst.
Renewal time will be the first mass reality check. Soon.

I dont know if renewals will be that big of a reality check - if people have some great 1 worded co domains, there is no doubt in my mind that they wouldnt pay an extra $30 to renew and possibly make the sale sometime on 2011/2012. Now, granted there are a TON of crap 3 even 4 worded domains that will not get renewed, but that does not "burst any bubble" or have an impact on the co market as a whole. Everyday there are thousands of crap .com domains that drop and those dropped domains have no effect on the .com market overall - meaning good domains will always sell

•••
Just wanted to correct my statement about the purchaser of the sporting goods related co domains. Looks like at least some of the names acquired currently redirect to a sporting goods retailer and judging by the list on the page below will likely be built out.

Code:
http://www.summitonline.com/cs.php?mode=aboutus

From an end user developer perspective, the prices being paid for those particular names would seem to be reasonable.

•••
Some nice sales recently. But, it should be noted that if you look at who the buyers in are in the high price transactions, it's really just two individuals who are accumulating these co domains.
To quote Spock, fascinating! :) If that's the case then this market is being ramped up. All domain investors have an interest in talking up the market however that does not equate to genuine interest.

Why are they paying what seem to me as outrageous prices for co domains? Who knows? And how long will they keep buying?
It depends on how deeply they've invested in the ccTLD to date.

Just thought I'd add some context to all the sales reports lest some newbie domainers begin to think that .co domains are actually generating this type of demand from end user developers.
The problem is that many newbie domainers seem to take these sales reports as being an indication of end user interest in the ccTLD. The reality is that .co will be lucky if it has between 15% and 20% development in the first year. At the moment, it would not be unthinkable that circa 50% of .co Landrush registrations are parked on PPC and are not developed.

I have serious doubts that these purchases will be profitable but I guess we'll see, I could be wrong.
It could take as long as five years before much of the junk washes out of .co ccTLD and a developed market and genuine secondary market (as opposed to domainers selling to each other) evolves.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I dont know if renewals will be that big of a reality check - if people have some great 1 worded co domains, there is no doubt in my mind that they wouldnt pay an extra $30 to renew and possibly make the sale sometime on 2011/2012.
The reduction of the renewal fees might be one way for the .co registry to spread the Junk Dump over two renewal cycles.

Now, granted there are a TON of crap 3 even 4 worded domains that will not get renewed, but that does not "burst any bubble" or have an impact on the co market as a whole.
Yes it does but not in the way that you think. It hits end user confidence in the ccTLD because the registration volumes drop.

Everyday there are thousands of crap .com domains that drop and those dropped domains have no effect on the .com market overall - meaning good domains will always sell
Your mistake is in treating the .co market in the same way as the .com market. Tens of thousands of .com domains drop each day but tens of thousands more are registered each day. There are over 94 million .com domains registered and there are less than 1 million .co domains registered. The .com market has the momentum of a large market whereas the .co is still in its first year as an open TLD. Every new TLD experiences a post-Landrush slowdown where the initial rush of registrations gives way to a more steady registration volume. The .asia Landrush graph ( http://www.hosterstats.com/Domain-Landrush-Graph-asia.php ) is about the best example of this change. You can see the large spike in registrations for the first few months when the .asia Landrush started. However about six months after the Landrush opens, the new registration volume falls off. The first anniversary of the Landrush shows a large red spike of deletions. This is the Junk Dump. But the new domain registrations volume remains relatively stable. Then around the second anniversary of the Landrush, there's a hold 'em or fold 'em moment where many of the early speculators drop their Landrush domains. However there's also a secondary effect where people who have bought some of the first Landrush drops decide to drop their domains. This gives the second Landrush anniversary spike a stepped look.

The Godaddy effect, where the .co was boosted by the Superbowl offer might help but it might also have increases the possibility of a mini-Junk Dump a year or so later. The key issue now is for development to be kickstarted in the ccTLD and that's the hardest part of any new TLD launch.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Interesting observations regarding the cycle of new TLD launches, jmcc.

It seems .co still generates enthusiasm among domainers since we're still within the first year and expirations are yet to come. But, I would imagine that this will fade and expectations will be more in line with reality.

The .co domainer refrain is that this is not a domainer extension but from what I've seen it appears to be. Perhaps, there aren't a lot of large portfolio holders given the higher registration cost but I would guess that there are quite a few small time domainers who are holding a handful of speculative .co domains, a lot of which are not worth regfee.

Personally, I think an appropriate way to value a .co domain is to take a comparable .us domain and then knock at least 50% off that price. If development in .co turns out to be what I expect it to be, eventually you'll be able to knock off even more.

One might get lucky with a three letter .co here and there and find a company with an abbreviation that fits. Otherwise, outside of some select premium keywords desired by domainers and the single letters being held by the registry most of the names will likely not have much long term value from a domain investment perspective, at least those in the English language.

•••
Everyday there are thousands of crap .com domains that drop and those dropped domains have no effect on the .com market overall - meaning good domains will always sell
The difference is that .com is established and continues to grow in spite of the drops.
On the other hand, .co is not that established - in particular outside Colombia. And it's safe to say most .co are not in the hands of Colombians :tu:

•••
Interesting observations regarding the cycle of new TLD launches, jmcc.

It seems .co still generates enthusiasm among domainers since we're still within the first year and expirations are yet to come. But, I would imagine that this will fade and expectations will be more in line with reality.
That's exactly what happens, Rusty,
All the new TLDs go through this period of being the best thing since the last best thing. And almost like clockwork, a few months after the Landrush, reality crashes in and the new registrations start to slow down.

The .co domainer refrain is that this is not a domainer extension but from what I've seen it appears to be.
It is a domainer's extension and then some. While the .co registry has been very clever in its marketing, the downside is that some domainers will treat this as being the way to get the high value .com that they could never afford and they allow the .co/.com typo nature to cloud their judgement.

Perhaps, there aren't a lot of large portfolio holders given the higher registration cost but I would guess that there are quite a few small time domainers who are holding a handful of speculative .co domains, a lot of which are not worth regfee.
And Godaddy is actually the biggest .co registrar from what I can see and many of those domains are parked on Godaddy's PPC holding page. The big portfolio holders, the same guys who show up in every new TLD launch, seem to have gotten the premium keyword domains and what was left was very much second tier domains.

However there is a somewhat higher than usual interest in the .co ccTLD when it comes to brand protection registrations. On the .co websurvey I ran in April, approximately 2.0873% of the websites in the survey were clearly brand protection registrations. But there were 3.2097% of the websites that were redirects to the exact domain website in another TLD and 7.8609% were redirects to other TLD websites (not exact matches). That was out of a survey of 431565 detected .co websites but it was not the complete set of .co websites.

Personally, I think an appropriate way to value a .co domain is to take a comparable .us domain and then knock at least 50% off that price. If development in .co turns out to be what I expect it to be, eventually you'll be able to knock off even more.
Domain valuation is very much a dark art but it seems to be based on a fraction of the value of the same domain in .com TLD. The other factors are the size of the TLD, and most important, the level of development in the TLD. The .co ccTLD is really two TLDs in one: the .co ccTLD itself (dealing with the local market) and the open .co TLD which is more like a gTLD with gTLD levels of development and PPC. But it will take a few renewal cycles for the real values of .co domains to become apparent. What is happening now is very much hype driven.

One might get lucky with a three letter .co here and there and find a company with an abbreviation that fits.
True.

Otherwise, outside of some select premium keywords desired by domainers and the single letters being held by the registry most of the names will likely not have much long term value from a domain investment perspective, at least those in the English language.
Development is the thing that drives new TLDs forward. The marketing of single letter domains by the .co registry is brilliant in terms of publicity. Development creates the conditions for a secondary market but without it, it is just domainers selling domains to other domainers.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Any site to get list of expired .CO domains list?

•••
Any site to get list of expired .CO domains list?

With the landrush in mid July 2010 highly unlikely there will be any list until after that date?

•••
.CO is taking nice slow strides with some nice daily sales. What more can you ask for? There is no comparing .com to .co. Two different eras, two different objectives, too different, period.

The difference is that .com is established and continues to grow in spite of the drops.
On the other hand, .co is not that established - in particular outside Colombia. And it's safe to say most .co are not in the hands of Colombians :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back