IT.COM

.CO Renewals/Transfers Coupons

NameSilo
Watch

falez

Established Member
Impact
I registered a handful of really cheap .co domain names last year. I never realized how expensive renewals are. (I wonder if it has something to do with the removal of price-hike restrictions or whatever?)

Does anybody know of any renewal or transfer coupons, discounts, et cetera, for .co?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ionos , maybe their 8 with no coupon is still good, try them to see. i saved a boat load there.

•••
ionos , maybe their 8 with no coupon is still good, try them to see. i saved a boat load there.

is it renewals and transfers?

•••
Maybe. But I think just for new users. It's 4$ for others currently.

Not renewals. It's a get in and out same year thing imho

Oh, yeah, I am looking for cheap renewals/transfers to keep the domains I have regisered.

•••
•••
Where are all of the deals for renewals and transfers :(

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/4-00-com-registration-and-transfer-at-ionos.1232209/

refer to this thread for bit more info and continued ionos chatter.
cheers.

just spoke to ionos on the phone. was about to transfer my .COs there because it is the cheapest by a couple bucks per domain. however, now i remember why i stopped using them. i registered a domain with them years ago and their interface is possibly the worst out there. i just decided to read the reviews on tld-list and now i am spooked, although the only cheap alternative is Stablehost.com, which isnt even listed on tld-list...

any thoughts or opinions on Stabelhost.com? ever used them?

•••
Never used stablehost. I'm sure i will one day though.
But my lesson is every registrar has issues. After few years domaining which is my sole income I am happy to dive in and save thousands , only thing one has to do for a transfer is pay. Change name servers. Ensure renewal is off and transfer out ( 2+months before exp ). Any night mare stories are due to ones lack of understanding , patients or organization. Imho.

•••
Never used stablehost. I'm sure i will one day though.
But my lesson is every registrar has issues. After few years domaining which is my sole income I am happy to dive in and save thousands , only thing one has to do for a transfer is pay. Change name servers. Ensure renewal is off and transfer out ( 2+months before exp ). Any night mare stories are due to ones lack of understanding , patients or organization. Imho.

I know some registrars will let you transfer out until the very last moment (Porkbun and Namecheap iirc).

Is it required that the transfer must be 2 months prior to expiration on most registrars?

Is this the case on Epik.com?

•••
I know some registrars will let you transfer out until the very last moment (Porkbun and Namecheap iirc).

Is it required that the transfer must be 2 months prior to expiration on most registrars?

Is this the case on Epik.com?

the 2 month is my rule of thumb to avoid all and any risks. its a hassle free smart plan.
some registrars try and charge renewal at 30 days before exp. etc.. many variables, just good to stay away from the last minute fumble,

also remove automatic payments from paypal internally, confirm auto renewals did not get " magically " reactivated at registrar ( which does happen ) and all should be smooth.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back