NameSilo

discuss .CO premium renewal price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no rip
just more renewals and keeping by investors i guess

is there a list?

•••
Tried to find the premium list but failed.

•••
"While companies like Donuts and Radix typically charge the premium fee each year, premium .co domain names renew at standard prices." So certain domains will cost more, but only if they are hand regged? I'm confused... wouldn't all the premium .co domains already been registered?

•••
ne1 called them or emailed to ask?

•••
The domains I've followed that expired mostly all went back to the registry and are reserved for now. Only buying from someone else (or auction) seems to be the way to get a 3L / 4L.co or 1 worder at the moment.

Edit: Meant to type 3L and 4L

Last edited:
•••
The domains I've followed that expired mostly all went back to the registry and are reserved for now. Only buying from someone else (or auction) seems to be the way to get a 3L.co or 1 worder at the moment.

wow...that sounds like real long list being reserved..cause no top 1word .co ever really expire...

Last edited:
•••
Not surprised at all, Neustar is notoriously anti-domainer.

•••
luckily, i just bought Shipper.co from Auction =))

•••
Source for that article?

I was told by Neu a few weeks ago that all renewals were going to be the same regardless of initial price tier.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/co...es-report-thread.573976/page-492#post-6826235

"...Even if you pay a premium price to register a .CO premium domain name, your annual renewal fee will be the standard .CO renewal fee charged for all .CO domain names. Please check with your preferred retailer for details as fees may differ according to each retailer’s individual pricing policies and practices..."

Last edited:
•••
well then i guess the only mystery that remains is where and how theyll get their premium names for repricing given that most are already regged and have been for long time..and possibly will remain so for longtime too..

unless itll be many more names than just premium..

i thought theyd start charging premium renewals on them since they cant reserve them..but apparently they say no

so are u people going to be renewing many more co names cause of this or not?

•••
tried calling gd about this.. even premium services are completely in the dark about it.. no one even knew its coming.. and its only 1 week left.. I mean its not like they won't notice a higher price in the search bar when people try to reg/buy premium names.. so I suppose someone at gd has to be working in some way to prepare for this.. I wonder if @Joe Styler
can clarify about this situation and say how this will be impacted on say godaddy registrations etc.. as per this thread and article:

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/08/23/co-to-rev-up-premium-domain-model-in-september/

thanks!

•••
•••
tried calling gd about this.. even premium services are completely in the dark about it.. no one even knew its coming.. and its only 1 week left.. I mean its not like they won't notice a higher price in the search bar when people try to reg/buy premium names.. so I suppose someone at gd has to be working in some way to prepare for this.. I wonder if @Joe Styler
can clarify about this situation and say how this will be impacted on say godaddy registrations etc.. as per this thread and article:

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/08/23/co-to-rev-up-premium-domain-model-in-september/

thanks!
The article is the only thing I know about it. I read Andrew's article, but the way I read it is the inventory that .co already has held back will be sold this way. Again I am not sure though, your best bet is to ask Andrew on his post to clarify.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back