IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hhhahhaah thanks for nice words.

i'm not sure how many .co french word sales exist in namebio.. something to check

gl ;)

that was my only hesitation on the name being a French Word /.co and past Sales..not a huge market but I'll give it a go.

haha Thanks Bro !

•••
•••
I have Platinums.co
cant sell even for reg-fee

•••
•••
•••
Picked up after the delete

AITECHNOLOGY.co
NO3.co
B-S.co

•••
Yes it's going great, I also have some
Rajet.co
Mhire.co
Vibed.co
Crypo.co

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
crypo.co - what is the reason to reg a name such this? :)

•••
•••
•••
Someone threw out French so here are a few of my French words:

Doux.co
Pont.co
Voix.co

Plus one German word Salt or Salzburg etc. Anyone here from Germany?

Salz.co

•••
I have Platinums.co
cant sell even for reg-fee

Singular form of this word might attract some attention. Personally, I'd let it drop.

•••
•••
Some news, .inc is currently offering private deals of $2,000/yr without tiers for pre-release. And .llc appears to be using tiered pricing which you can validate by typing into GoDaddy one or two words to see the price difference. And .co?

I was told by "The .Co Team" by email that on September 1, 2018 there was going to be a tier pricing update. That is why they are reserving domain names as they drop, for example. No change in pricing for current customers.

I have not been able to find any pricing tiers listed for .llc and .co. If anyone finds these two or has the tier info please paste or link here. Thank you.

•••
I have not been able to find any pricing tiers listed for .llc and .co.
The registrars still have to support it for .co domains.

Did they say which registrars will support their tiered pricing and when?

:coffee:

•••
I am in a catch 22 sitaution

i have some 4L.co domains : CVCV, CVVC, VCVC patterns, they all expired very recently, i can still renew them i think.

I just saw that .co registry is reserving all these kinds of domains. Now, if i let them drop, they all will be reserved by .co registry and one has to pay premium price.

If anyone likes to buy them, i still have to pay the renewal fee and then transfer it to him.

what should be done in this case and if i should renew them ?

why do registries even reserve domains ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
If i let them drop, they all will be reserved by .co registry and one has to pay premium price.

Please start a new thread with a title like .CO Portfolio For Sale and paste your list into that tread. Look at others who have done that to see how to manage it. As an alternative drop a link here to your portfolio so those who are buying can take a look.

But don't drop them just yet if you are worried about future tiered pricing. I have an update.

•••
.CO Tiered Pricing update...

Ok so I received a positive followup email from Neustar today. I also read through my old emails to them. I hate to drop peoples emails into public view but I feel the need here so that you all don't think I'm wacky. But stay tuned, things might not be bad after all. First here is the email that drove me nuts:

-- start of email --

Dear User,

Thank you for contacting us,

In preparation for the repricing of the .co tier program, all names in the program have been reserved by the .CO Registry.

This does not affect any names that are currently registered by customers, however, any unregistered names or any names that may be deleted and dropped during this time period will be reserved and become available on September 1, 2018 with updated tier pricing.

Regards,

The .Co Team.

-- end of email --

Did I read that wrong, they said tiered pricing twice, not once right? So I replied back asking for clarification. A second support team member wrote back stating the following. Again, I hate to do this, but since there is not pricing page on their website I think it's necessary:

-- start of email --

Support just sent me your inquiry and I wanted to get back to you.

There is no new policy change to our premium program. In August 2015, the .CO Registry began offering premium domains via its retail channel. On September 1, 2018, there will be some pricing updates and we’ve communicated these updates with our registrar partners. These updates do not affect any currently registered .co domains.

Even if you pay a premium price to register a .CO premium domain name, your annual renewal fee will be the standard .CO renewal fee charged for all .CO domain names. Please check with your preferred retailer for details as fees may differ according to each retailer’s individual pricing policies and practices.

-- end of email --

So if the second employee is correct then it's business as usual. The pricing changes have to do with re-releasing those reserved domains at a premium, an up front fee similar to what domainers do now.

I replied back but the person is on vacation per their auto responder. This is important info because there is an auction going on at Sedo. If anyone know people at Neustar please hit them up for a public comment.

And again a message to all registrars and registries from me:

STOP THIS MADDNESS. PUBLISH A MSRP AND STANDARDIZE YOUR PRICING MESSAGING -- SELF REGULATE -- OTHERWISE YOU WILL LEAD US ALL BACK TO .COM.

I'm not saying one tld is better or worse, or that one pricing method is better or worse. I am saying that the market needs a standard pricing page on all tld website NOW.

So don't drop your .CO names. We need to see what support person number 3 says first. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back