Dynadot

poll .CO or .ORG ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.CO or .ORG ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .co

votes
    47.1%
  • .org

votes
    52.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Top10

Established Member
Impact
which is better for business?

.com is taken

please vote

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.co is good for companies .

•••
Depends on the niche.

CryptoExpert.org recently sold for $6000+ on Flippa whereas localbitcoin.co just sold for $500 on same platform.

•••
It fully depends upon name but randomly .org is great grand father of .co

•••
It depends entirely on the business, and the market that you operate within. Additionally, consider both the way the extension sounds in conjunction with the business name, AND who your target demographics are.

•••
.org cheapest
.co - shortly .com

•••
What would ppl think of an org business site?

•••
•••
I still can't decide which is better.. :glasses:

•••
Let me try to give you some of my name,

FightAgainstAIDS.org

SmartMetrics.co.

Now use your own brain and tell me are they fit 100% before the .

•••
Hmm,

I am not a big fan of .co, but for a business I would probably prefer it more than an .org. Personally I do not like brand names ending with .org that much.

It also depends. I had great success (steady income) with a destination website with an .org.

•••
I prefer .org ( 1-com, 2-net, 3-org, nothing else.... )

•••
.ORG is really gaining traction. It is considered "decentralized" by many and thus the crypto and blockchain crowd is adopting it with enthusiasm.

•••
.co for startup or tech companies or it works with short keywords very well

.org is for organizations or social charities but crypto domains are performing well with .org extensions these days!

•••
•••
I prefer .co as a short commercial company

•••
Depends on what kind of website you're planning on:

- for most types of corporate sites - .CO

- for a portal, info website, branding, business support services company - .ORG hands down! Inspires much more confidence than an obscure (as in: unknown to most people) Colombia ccTLD
I still can't decide which is better.. :glasses:
Why not take both and decide later, as you develop your project/website? :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I prefer .org ( 1-com, 2-net, 3-org, nothing else.... )

Own SavingMinds.org (non profit for early onset alzheimers)
and just bought'
Cryptoexpert.today
and
CryptoPro.today

Just saw where CryptoExpert.org went for 6K.

•••
just take a look at the aftermarket sales stats. the choice is:

.org!!!

Last edited:
•••
.ORG definitely.
But I don't understand completely why to choose only from these 2 TLDs... so many other variants...

•••
.ORG for non profit projects and crypto business.
For business, financial or commerce - .CO

•••
•••
I would not use .org for a business.
So if .com definitely not available I would consider .co along with .net and .io and possibly others.
I would also consider a new gTLD if one fits the business well, or possibly one of the generic ones like .site or .xyz.

•••
I do some outbound, and it seems I have more luck with .org. I was able to sell 2 .org to customers who own the .com. On the other hand, I was unable to sell a .co to some guys who own .net. Of course, this is not a rule, just my experience.

•••
I would not use .org for a business.
So if .com definitely not available I would consider .co along with .net and .io and possibly others.
I would also consider a new gTLD if one fits the business well, or possibly one of the generic ones like .site or .xyz.

I agree....org's have always been associated more with non-profits, thus a non profit I started called SavingMinds.org If .com isn't available, in addition to considering other extensions, I'd also consider a tagline that best describes my business.

•••
Back