IT.COM

.CO Domain Registrations at Epik

NameSilo
Watch

private123

Top Member
Impact
The $0.99 all-inclusive .CO promo will kick off on this Sunday night at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET, which is 00:00 GMT on Monday morning. It will last 7 days.

All domains registered at Epik include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Brandable names are doing particularly well in the after-market for .CO, e.g. 7 letters or shorter, pronounceable .co can be registered for $0.99 and sold for retail prices as brands.

I have no idea why people buy .AI and .IO when they get the more reputable and cheaper .CO and get the first year basically for free.
........ By Rob Monster (epik.com)
@Rob Monster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe I missed a discussion about .co Premium priced available domains, but how come they decided to copy New gTLDs? Just mediocre domains are now selling for $60 - $120 dollars or more at most registrars, the $0.99 cents and other promos are more or less a gimmick in my opinion. Seems like registries and registrars are really trying to create a market for the future and I think they want to leave domainers out of it?

•••
From our direct message just now, it sounds like you got your issue resolved.

We do have some fraud mitigation technologies in place. Occasionally it detects someone as being trouble when they are not, e.g. if they use a free VPN which is also being used by known scammers, for example.

If you run into that issue, try turning off the VPN long enough to get through checkout. Better yet, get a better VPN. The VPN from Anonymize.com VPN is really good and has a free option.

Hello, do i have to use a special link to get $0.99 deal for .co?
or just enter through epik.com main page?
sorry i'm a little late to this deal....

•••
Maybe I missed a discussion about .co Premium priced available domains, but how come they decided to copy New gTLDs? Just mediocre domains are now selling for $60 - $120 dollars or more at most registrars, the $0.99 cents and other promos are more or less a gimmick in my opinion. Seems like registries and registrars are really trying to create a market for the future and I think they want to leave domainers out of it?

Yes all a joke really only a few decent .co that you can pick up for $99 most are premium that why they do all these deals stick with .com

•••
Hello, do i have to use a special link to get $0.99 deal for .co?
or just enter through epik.com main page?
sorry i'm a little late to this deal....
If you just try to buy a normal .co domain, the discount should automatically apply.

•••
•••
Yes all a joke really only a few decent .co that you can pick up for $99 most are premium that why they do all these deals stick with .com
If I can’t make $1 via affiliate marketing in a year, then I need to get out of business. There is almost 0 risk.

•••
Yes all a joke really only a few decent .co that you can pick up for $0.99 most are premium that why they do all these deals stick with .com

I am looking at what folks are registering and would definitely disagree. The registrants are free to comment. I did ask my good friend Luc Lezon a Estibot to produce a list of the .CO domains that were previously registered but were since dropped. We'll see if we can share that list with everyone when we get it.

•••
I am looking at what folks are registering and would definitely disagree. The registrants are free to comment. I did ask my good friend Luc Lezon a Estibot to produce a list of the .CO domains that were previously registered but were since dropped. We'll see if we can share that list with everyone when we get it.

I know what your saying but .co is not the same as .com will never be but yes for $0.99 its worth a punt just to many premium names now in .co which are not premium !

•••
We decided to subsidize it slightly by absorbing the payment processing fees. I expect most registrars will add a margin. Therefore it is unlikely that we'll see many others doing this attractive a .CO promo.

You'll get your money back from sales commission, Rob! :)

Love the deal, hand regged some decent names so far.

Some issues with BitMitigate on parked pages, some of the names show a "Domain Not Detected In Our Systems" message. Will email support and let them know.

•••
Well worth a punt at $0.99 i have picked a few up

Last edited:
•••
Resolved
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Solved

Last edited:
•••
OK, folks, time for a big present for the night owls in the USA and the early risers in Europe. This gift comes from dear friend of Epik, Luc Lezon, creator of Estibot.com and domain tech extraordinaire!

The attached list is for domains that were previously registered in the .CO but currently have non-resolving DNS. There should be some worthy prospects in this list that are GA unregistered.

As for where to register these, I already know Epik.com has the best .CO deal so you would be crazy to register to register them anywhere else. That said, thanks for choosing Epik!

Attachments

• epik-dot-co-unregistered-co.txt.gz
    4.8 MB · Views: 78
•••
OK, folks, time for a big present for the night owls in the USA and the early risers in Europe. This gift comes from dear friend of Epik, Luc Lezon, creator of Estibot.com and domain tech extraordinaire!
The attached list is for domains that were previously registered in the .CO but currently have non-resolving DNS. There should be some worthy prospects in this list that are GA unregistered.

As for where to register these, I already know Epik.com has the best .CO deal so you would be crazy to register to register them anywhere else. That said, thanks for choosing Epik!

Attached file is not open

•••
•••
Solved

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great promo!

Thanks -- I think it is the best promo I have seen in 2019 for non-crap TLDs.

The other registrars are pricing it at $1.85 and higher. Epik is at $0.99 and bundling with lots of free features just like any other Epik registration.

In terms of after-market, we see good action on common/generic (non-celebrity) first name and last name domains. I am surprised nobody has backed up the truck on those.

•••
Denying my credit card, what is happening? I am from Nigeria.
Thanks

If you are having issues, odds are that you are on a VPN that has a bad IP address. Just message with us privately and we'll hopefully be able to whitelist your account.

•••

Hello, I tried to open this with Wordpad. and immediately said always to open thi type of file with Wordpad.
Unixplicablecntact however in this Wordpad. And of course I said alway to open with Wordpad, so I'll always will be with this problem.

What can I do ? @Rob Monster

•••
Hello, I tried to open this with Wordpad. and immediately said always to open thi type of file with Wordpad.
Unixplicablecntact however in this Wordpad. And of course I said alway to open with Wordpad, so I'll always will be with this problem.

See earlier related reply -- you need to uncompress the file first. There are standard utilities for that, many of which are free, or have a free trial:

https://www.winzip.com/mac/en/

•••
•••
•••

Are you sure it's not related to the amount of names in the list? It has almost 800,000 if I'm not mistaken. I could only open it fully in 2 programs... the others hung because it could not load so much data at once.

•••
I guess next time we publish one of these lists, we'll need to deliver in a format that is easy to search/browse.

•••
Back