IT.COM

.CO Domain Registrations at Epik

NameSilo
Watch

private123

Top Member
Impact
The $0.99 all-inclusive .CO promo will kick off on this Sunday night at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET, which is 00:00 GMT on Monday morning. It will last 7 days.

All domains registered at Epik include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Brandable names are doing particularly well in the after-market for .CO, e.g. 7 letters or shorter, pronounceable .co can be registered for $0.99 and sold for retail prices as brands.

I have no idea why people buy .AI and .IO when they get the more reputable and cheaper .CO and get the first year basically for free.
........ By Rob Monster (epik.com)
@Rob Monster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess next time we publish one of these lists, we'll need to deliver in a format that is easy to search/browse.

Have to say Rob i have not had any issue with it, unzipped and opened with notepad ++ which list out as i would expect and then you can do a search by adding keyword etc , great offer by the way

•••
•••
another good promo from reliable registrar
Rob is it unlimited?

•••
another good promo from reliable registrar
Rob is it unlimited?

Thanks.

It is unlimited. The registry is trying to not get garbage registrations from spammers but otherwise it is open season for .co.

•••
•••
how do you add a price to your domains on Epik?cant seem to find a way

•••
Here is the list as a Google Doc:

Thanks for the huge list via the Estibot folks, @Rob Monster :xf.smile:. Just when I thought I was maybe done searching .co, endless new possibilities!:xf.wink:

The registrants are free to comment.
I've personally done a mix of some single words (obviously not many left untaken and non premium), some two words, and a number of brandable type names. A few of the single words that I liked (admittedly some very specialized and mainly sort of long): statistically, refinished, podiums, wideout, lightest, stratified, genotypes, deliverables, sequestration and trimmed.

I have found Dofo.com a real time saver in helping me see how many TLDs are taken, and if any are listed for sale, in each term. Thank you @Macit for such a useful product!

Among my favourite two words were BlueBlox, BloxChain, BioEdit, RedBed, BlueFog, RoboWise, SmartNano, DAPPlab, SunHub, NanoHub and WhyUs. Yes, I am sort of on a colour kick of late! :xf.cool: (or at least a red, green, blue kick)

I like with .co for brandable that you can have a name that includes the .co or not, so it is like you get two names in one. For example I took quantsi, which could be just that as a name, or quantsico, both of which are pronounceable.

With prices this low I have viewed this as an opportunity to try out a few niches I don't usually invest in. I even registered my first ever domain hack.

Have fun in the last few days of the promotion everyone! :xf.grin:

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
thx rob i found out how to do

•••
I guess the sale is soon over, if you still haven't picked up your .co better do so soon! I just registered probably my last 5 in the promotion.

What do people think whether the jump in registrations due to the promotion will have an effect to push down aftermarket prices in .co, or will it do the opposite, promote more recognition of the .co as an option, and maybe even push prices up. I am not sure myself, see an argument each way.

Bob

•••
I guess the sale is soon over, if you still haven't picked up your .co better do so soon! I just registered probably my last 5 in the promotion.

What do people think whether the jump in registrations due to the promotion will have an effect to push down aftermarket prices in .co, or will it do the opposite, promote more recognition of the .co as an option, and maybe even push prices up. I am not sure myself, see an argument each way.

Bob

I too got a lot of .co in this sale. How do you plan to sell them? Did you register only brandable ones or went with general domains also?

•••
Today is the last day of the .co promo for $0.99 all-inclusive at Epik.com. The promo ends at midnight GMT which is 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET. Some of you did amazingly well and are already seeing inbound offers. Well done. Let’s hear any success stories or tips you used to find the mispriced GA domains.

•••
Some of you did amazingly well and are already seeing inbound offers. Well done.

How do you know that they are already seeing inbound offers?

•••
How do you know that they are already seeing inbound offers?

We can see the inquiry activity that comes through our SSL parking landers. Earlier this year, we noted that the .CO TLD is very active for inquiries, second only to .COM, and ahead of .NET. This is why we decided to do a loss-making promo to drive speculative registration of .CO. We think our domainer clients will do well with .CO in the coming year, and that it will help some newer domainers to successfully bootstrap a portfolio at Epik with reasonable prospects for asymmetric returns.

•••
Thank you for explaining @Rob Monster I will be using Epik Landers for my domains. I am a new domainer and will reach out to you regarding adding domains to epik marketplace.

•••
Well, the huge unlimited .CO promo is coming to an end in just a few minutes. The team at Epik hopes everyone benefited from this promo that intended to do so!

Now we have ANOTHER crazy unlimited promo that is starting in just a few minutes, and that is the .XYZ TLD for $0.79 all-inclusive. This promo will last 30 days.

For calibration, the folks at 1&1 offer something similar but only one per account!

The folks at .XYZ are another registry that are bringing marketing savvy to develop a viable aftermarket for .XYZ and with renewal fees that are likely going to be below .COM based on current trends.

•••
•••
Today is the last day of the .co promo for $0.99 all-inclusive at Epik.com. The promo ends at midnight GMT which is 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET. Some of you did amazingly well and are already seeing inbound offers. Well done. Let’s hear any success stories or tips you used to find the mispriced GA domains.
Thanks for this promo Rob.
I just entered the .co sphere with this promo mainly for learning with bulk purchases. I tried hands on 1 and 2 word brandables. Have 2 inquiries already on this lot. Will share more if something converts.
Was a great experience overall. Thank you once again.

•••
I just entered the .co sphere with this promo mainly for learning with bulk purchases. I tried hands on 1 and 2 word brandables. Have 2 inquiries already on this lot. Will share more if something converts.
Congrats On Your Inquiries Already!
Did You Have Make Offer Of BINs On The Domains?

•••
•••
•••
•••

For the rest, are you listing them on SquadHelp? I guess its a great marketplace for Brandables that also accept .CO domains, although Approval rate is high for .com.

•••
For the rest, are you listing them on SquadHelp? I guess its a great marketplace for Brandables that also accept .CO domains, although Approval rate is high for .com.
No. Not looking to use them.

•••
Was a great offer i picked up a few lets see how many sell...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back