Dynadot

.CO Domain Registrations at Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

private123

Top Member
Impact
The $0.99 all-inclusive .CO promo will kick off on this Sunday night at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET, which is 00:00 GMT on Monday morning. It will last 7 days.

All domains registered at Epik include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Brandable names are doing particularly well in the after-market for .CO, e.g. 7 letters or shorter, pronounceable .co can be registered for $0.99 and sold for retail prices as brands.

I have no idea why people buy .AI and .IO when they get the more reputable and cheaper .CO and get the first year basically for free.
........ By Rob Monster (epik.com)
@Rob Monster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
If it sails in epik marketplace, is the commission still 0% for nP?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Wow 9% now? Then it's the same as DAN :/
Yes! Also instalment plan available.
20190630_121612.jpg

•••
Wow 9% now? Then it's the same as DAN :/

I guess they have a lot in common. Undeveloped was acquired by Epik in 2017 I think. Not long afterwards they parted ways again. Judging by how DAN developed and how Epik is progressing they seem to be on the same page regarding a lot of issues concerning the aftermarket.

•••
I guess they have a lot in common. Undeveloped was acquired by Epik in 2017 I think. Not long afterwards they parted ways again. Judging by how DAN developed and how Epik is progressing they seem to be on the same page regarding a lot of issues concerning the aftermarket.

Yes but at one point Rob did say 0% commission special for only nP members. Payout was always no fee for nP.

•••
Yes but at one point Rob did say 0% commission special for only nP members. Payout was always no fee for nP.

Good point. I noticed he was already tagged so I'm sure he'll clarify. I think 9% is reasonable though.

•••
Marketplace sales are 9 percent. In this case we will have brought you the buyer and are closing the sale. Sedo and Afternic are at 20%, by way of comparison.

Our marketplace also gives you the option of using a really impressive parking lander that keeps getting better, and which includes a free unique SSL certificate for the domain.

For inbound inquiries we actually show you their contact info. Most marketplaces force you to negotiate blindly and without context about the identity of the prospect.

Sales done via our escrow process have the option of being commission-free if (1) the domain is at Epik and (2) the buyer has funds on deposit at Epik.

•••
•••
Sedo is 10% if buyer came not from a partner.

You might want to elaborate on that deal.

Epik is an MLS partner for Sedo and Afternic and we get a rev-share on their commission for MLS transactions. Sedo MLS is particularly vulnerable to fraud which is why in the aggregate is probably more trouble than it is worth as the MLS partner takes 100% of the hit on the entire principal in the event of a chargeback but only gets a minority percent of the commission in the event of a valid sale.

In other words, I vastly prefer to be the registrar of record at the start of the transaction and to know the buyer and the seller from a pre-existing relationship. Fortunately, we are getting more and more of those cases which makes a huge difference. Also transactions settled via wire and BTC are fraud-free in almost every scenario. Most marketplaces won't touch crypto. I get it.

For those not aware, due to various brokerage and exchange relationships, we can easily provide sellers with the ability to allow their buyer to pay in crypto, and for the seller to get paid in their preferred currency, crypto or otherwise. I believe this is relatively unique. If cryptos get a big run-up, as just might happen soon, that could be a material advantage for Epik.

Quick update for anyone not paying attention to BTC this month:

upload_2019-6-30_6-18-3.png

This coming week could be interesting in a number of areas, and I am not just talking about a great, below cost, $0.99 .CO deal for domain investors.

•••
@Rob Monster, it states here that a simple WordPress website can be built on the domain name free of charge. Can you elaborate on that in layman's term?. Does it mean no hosting is required?

Thanks for your time.

•••
@Rob Monster, it states here that a simple WordPress website can be built on the domain name free of charge. Can you elaborate on that in layman's term?. Does it mean no hosting is required?

Thanks for your time.

In the Epik domain manager, there is a feature they lets you build a free basic Wordpress site without a hosting package for any domain registered at Epik. It has a limited set of templates but is good for building starter sites for anyone that wants to go beyond the free SSL parking landers which also are highly configurable.

•••
The $0.99 .CO deal is live in 10 minutes. Enjoy.

•••
•••
I just ordered 6 domains in bulk, paid with PayPal ... wait for almost 10 minutes domains still not shown in my Epik Account, I check still available to reg.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The .CO registry is backed up with requests. They are queued. Search/register is prioritized ahead of update/delivery. However, I see .CO orders getting filled. There are some conflicts but orders are being filled in the order submitted. We'll see if we can get .CO to clear these EPP requests faster.

•••
•••
The backlog is cleared.

There are some really impressive General Availability (GA) domains being registered in spite of the EPP delays from the .CO registry.

I am seeing especially a lot of great crypto-related domains getting registered so there are some potentially great ROI scenarios unfolding there.

In the event of a conflict where two people register the same domain, the later registrant is credited back to their account. So, look out for those credits in your account balance.

Anyway, happy hunting -- the promo should last 7 days.

Last edited:
•••
For the record, Epik has not registered any .CO domains for its own account. The .CO conflict domains are being awarded automatically by the system based on timestamp of submission.

Also, for anyone who registers these .CO domains, I do highly recommend our SSL parking landers and marketplace. You can use these tools to flip domains immediately for sale and/or lease.

Here is a sample SSL parking lander:

https://laptopcomputers.com/

How-to articles here:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

If you get any big ROIs from this promo, feel free to share in this thread. Epik does not generally report sales so we'll not post about that here but are happy to celebrate wins for those who don't mind sharing.

•••
Back