Dynadot

.CO Domain Registrations at Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

private123

Top Member
Impact
The $0.99 all-inclusive .CO promo will kick off on this Sunday night at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET, which is 00:00 GMT on Monday morning. It will last 7 days.

All domains registered at Epik include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Brandable names are doing particularly well in the after-market for .CO, e.g. 7 letters or shorter, pronounceable .co can be registered for $0.99 and sold for retail prices as brands.

I have no idea why people buy .AI and .IO when they get the more reputable and cheaper .CO and get the first year basically for free.
........ By Rob Monster (epik.com)
@Rob Monster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any chance of offering .CO for $0.99 for this window. How about Closing July With A Real Bang!!!!!

I'm located in India so this would be about 3 AM at my end but will stay awake to order some......:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

The .CO promo is over for now -- the best we can get there is 3-day flash sales for $3. A lot of folks did great on the .CO deal though. That is for sure.

For bulk .COM buys, you can contact us anytime but for the rest, we'll make this a good happy hour starting promptly at 2 pm PT and going 4 hours this time until 6 pm.

Also, if anyone in this thread is going to Asheville tomorrow for the 3 day Rick Schwartz conference, I hope to see you there.

If anyone is going to DomainX, say hello to Epik India's Country Manager, Rajkumar Prasad. He is at [email protected].

Last edited:
•••
The folks in India want to go to sleep so the happy hour is now open from NOW until 6 pm PT -- almost 6 hours for our last happy hour on the schedule! Enjoy.

•••
•••
•••
The .CO promo is over for now -- the best we can get there is 3-day flash sales for $3. A lot of folks did great on the .CO deal though. That is for sure.

For bulk .COM buys, you can contact us anytime but for the rest, we'll make this a good happy hour starting promptly at 2 pm PT and going 4 hours this time until 6 pm.

Also, if anyone in this thread is going to Asheville tomorrow for the 3 day Rick Schwartz conference, I hope to see you there.

If anyone is going to DomainX, say hello to Epik India's Country Manager, Rajkumar Prasad. He is at [email protected].

I waited for Mr Rajkumar in DomainX , even messaged him to ask if he is coming, but was not replied back.

It would have much better had he come, I was excited to discuss Indian domain market with him and how Epik can fill some big holes in Indian domains aftermarket.

•••
Hello Rob, are we getting that $3 flash sale of .CO anytime soon?

•••
•••
•••
This week I had many phone calls with domain investors around the world. Part of the reason is because I am meeting our clients. However, also it is because I am recruiting country managers all over the world.

One call this week was with a Croatian Digital Nomad, currently in Dubai. Back in July he bought 5,000+ .CO domains at $0.99. He was a very sharp buyer. At 22 years old, he is a clever one.

Long story short, within 90 days, he has more than recovered his full investment and now has the rest of the year to monetize his portfolio.

One funny breakthrough for him came the day after I spoke with him. He had not been using the Epik SSL landers. I convinced him to try to it. Well, he got a nice sale within 24 hours.

I investigated further about the sale, and here is the really funny one. Why did he get the sale? It was because the domain was in our MARKETPLACE. The .COM of the same SLD was here a Epik!

This morning I had a correspondence with the .CO buyer. The reason he went for the .CO is because the .COM was $100,000. He then searched Epik for alternatives. Bam. He goes for the .CO!

The lesson is this:

1. Epik is attracting .COM domains. We will match or beat anyone on .COM transfer deals. It is a hard-loss for us on the registration costs, but our marketplace offsets that loss. So we can bleed on registrar cost.

2. As our .COM marketplace inventory grows, non-COM domains also get a "halo effect" from the fact that the .COM is at Epik. When the .COM is out of reach, they either LEASE, or otherwise they buy a non-COM, a brandable, or a hyphen.

As .COM gets into stronger and stronger hands, we will see .COM prices go up, and then other short extensions may benefit. To an extent this is happening. However, almost everyone prefers .COM.

So, next year, when we do the $0.99 .CO deal, make sure to back up the truck!. And if you want a lot of .CO now, and have at least 1,000 .CO on your shopping list, talk to @Sufyan Alani and we'll see what we can do.

Last edited:
•••
awesome news! im switching soon to Epik! as Dan and sedo is nowhereville

•••
•••
i think 'jmaurya' should close or retitle this thread, the title is still '.co $0.99 offer @ epik.com'. if he doesn't then the mods should. i and others think there is a new .co promo on at epik.

•••
i think 'jmaurya' should close or retitle this thread, the title is still '.co $0.99 offer @ epik.com'. if he doesn't then the mods should. i and others think there is a new .co promo on at epik.

Fair point -- I am fine with that.

•••
i think 'jmaurya' should close or retitle this thread,
Only moderator can change title or closed thread. I send a request . May be soon change title..

•••
Only moderator can change title or closed thread. I send a request . May be soon change title..

-
i thought that you started the thread

•••

Last edited:
•••
Yes ! But, it's locked (no change option).

-
usually if you hover over 'options' they let you edit title or uncheck open.is that not available?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back