Dynadot

registrars .Club Releases it's new Holiday Song Video

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DotClubSong.Com is available !

•••
Starting the song off with .club and finishing it off with .club, a plus for marketing.

Including all the choices that could possibly steer people away from registering a .club may result in negative repercussions regarding registrations.

Suppose I own a .pub (an actual bar and brand with .pub), why do I have to join the domain .club? O.o

I think their marketing efforts were right on for pointing out the wide variety of strings to choose from now, but they fundamentally failed themselves. The reason being is that they sold other names above theirs.

If their intentions were to show off all the choices, they nailed it. However, if they wanted numbers themselves, I think that they may have failed with this campaign.

To back this up with reasoning, it's like me going through several portfolio's tossing out good domain names to a client, but before I got to mine in which would yield the highest return (to an extent), a client was already sold on someone else's.

Last edited:
•••
People will find their own reasons for registering all manor of Gtlds, In all seriousness, good on them for trying something different

•••
People will find their own reasons for registering all manor of Gtlds, In all seriousness, good on them for trying something different
Sure, I just don't understand their intentions behind this. Are they marketing themselves or other registries?

If they were trying to market themselves by trying something new, they failed. They very well could have thrown up a jingle at a Christmas party with people wearing, I don't know, let's say "Wine.Club" shirts, and at the end invite everyone to join the domain .club.

That in my opinion has a target market (end users) on a specific product (.club).

Putting 50 Barbie's in a little girls face and having her choose one; hoping she chooses yours, is statistically low.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back