IT.COM

domains .CLUB Hits 200,000 Domain Name Registrations In Less Than One Year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The .Club registry announced today that in less than a year from its launch, more than 200,000 .CLUB domain names have been sold.
Namestat.org reports that there are 190,554 .club domains in the zone file, meaning that there are about 10,000 (or 5%) domains that don't have nameservers attached.
.CLUB Domains is already GoDaddy's #1 selling new domain extension and has set the benchmark for widespread usage and premium name sales, including the auction of Wine.club for $140,000 and sales of Coffee.Club for $100,000, Vegas.club for $100,000 and many others, totaling more than $800,000 to date. This is in addition to the revenue from standard domain registrations and renewals.
Full Article: http://onlinedomain.com/2015/04/01/...ain-name-registrations-in-less-than-one-year/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.club and .work the winners thus far

with .xyz and .click in second

•••
•••
It's about 1/5 of what they targeted, 20% of their initial goal:

".Club is targeting one million registrations by the end of Year 1, and five million registrations by the end of Year 5. And they have the focus, marketing plans and public relations in place to help achieve their goals."

"Colin: Our target right now is five million names in five years, a million names in one year, and 300 to 400 thousand names on or about the week of GA."

http://www.domainsherpa.com/campbell-sass-dotclub-interview/

And for further perspective, .co did 300,000 in week 1.

But they are the best of what's come out so far.

Last edited:
•••
It's about 1/5 of what they targeted, 20% of their initial goal:

".Club is targeting one million registrations by the end of Year 1
Yup, and it's one of the most successful new TLDs. But some people will prefer to look at the half-full glass.

Looks like registries refuse to learn from the past.
In fact, they historically have always performed below expectations.

Want a good laugh ? Look at the predictions for .pro:
http://archive.icann.org/en/tlds/pro2/Registry Operators Proposal.htm#_Toc494977508

Wildly optimistic. Very very. But that was then. Now they should know better.

The other possibility is that the registries lie deliberately to mislead investors. Somebody who knows the domain stuff well enough (like us NPers) would have made much more conservative estimates.

•••
I don't understand why people grab everything in this TLD. Personally I don't like .club.

•••
Also, please remember they have spent a lot of money on marketing, more than most newTLDs

•••
I dont own any .club domain.

•••
This is a lot of registrations, for a new gTLD, for it's first year.

•••
I have picked up a hand full of the .club names, but they are intended for development.

•••
I know we've discussed .club before. But I'm wondering about an update. How do you guys feel about .club now almost a year later?

Do you think this will be one of the few long-term investments like .net .info, etc? I kind of get the feeling that .club will be here for the long-term and only gain in popularity in the long-term. But only time will tell..

•••
I know we've discussed .club before. But I'm wondering about an update. How do you guys feel about .club now almost a year later?

Do you think this will be one of the few long-term investments like .net .info, etc? I kind of get the feeling that .club will be here for the long-term and only gain in popularity in the long-term. But only time will tell..

.CLUB is 6th in Top 10 Fastest Growing gTLDs on Namestat (regs stats for last 7 days), however (!) is 1st in the top usage list, which means not the most of regs but the most of the development, for the .CLUB.

So I think this is a long-term one.

•••
I don't understand why people grab everything in this TLD. Personally I don't like .club.
Because of the marketing, few if any have the same marketing budget.

•••
But, anyone of you sold any .club names in secondary market?

•••
•••
•••
•••
I ne
ahaha yes!
I never seen any bid or sales of .club in Sedo or any other platform...except .club registry

•••
.CLUB is 6th in Top 10 Fastest Growing gTLDs on Namestat (regs stats for last 7 days), however (!) is 1st in the top usage list, which means not the most of regs but the most of the development, for the .CLUB.

So I think this is a long-term one.

I'm loving it.

•••
I just reg a new one today. I like what you can do with the extension. We live in a world of specializations and I feel a .club gives a sense of belonging to like minded people

•••
Me too. I'm starting to go "all in" on .club. It has real use.. kind of generic like .com, but with more specific meaning and practical use.

•••
Back