IT.COM

ClickBank - Making money anyone?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thepurplecow

BioSpherical.netEstablished Member
Impact
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone's making any money from ClickBank. I signed up the other day, and to my suprise have made $40 already with 2 sales (in 3 days). I'm quite happy about this, and hope to get some more sale soon of course!

I used AdWords to advertise as I had some spare money in my account to spend. When it runs out I'm not sure what I'll do, but oh well...

Share your experiences here - what do you use to advertise, how much $$ have you made etc...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what product did u market? for me, clickbank never brought anything.

•••
I got the sales from 2 different anti-spyware products. I also marketed another product but have stopped as I have had no conversions. I'm completely new to this so still trying out all the different products etc!

•••
some people are making tons of money from cb. ( super aff)

•••
I doubt the credibility that only super affilaites make money with CB.

But its an interesting figure that 95% of the total internet sales are made by only 5% super affiliates.

•••
Ive done well with Clickbank marketing Brad Callens SEO elite. $70 a sale and the software is awesome which helps!

I just directed my URL www.globefrogSEO.com to my clickbank ID and ran a well optimized adwords campaign.

I you have an opt in list you can also continue to market CB products to your customers.

Cheers,
Aaron

•••
Some of the products are very good, but some are just scams..so be aware of them.

•••
Yes, I have made over $100 so far and never been paid after 2 years of being with them. I have had about 6 - 7 sales, but you have to have at least 4 sales with different credit cards to prove they were not sales done by you.

•••
john238 said:
Yes, I have made over $100 so far and never been paid after 2 years of being with them. I have had about 6 - 7 sales, but you have to have at least 4 sales with different credit cards to prove they were not sales done by you.
Clickbank does have a silly rule about different credit card sales and doesn't count paypal, even though many people use their credit card through paypal. And I don't get it if a few people were using it for their own sales...wouldn't that be their commission anyway. I wonder how much money they have made with this rule since I'm sure not everyone is selling products on a full-time basis so they probably have a lot of inactive accounts. I've been making money through them even though don't agree with this policy since a lot of people seem to prefer paypal as the payment method. I think Commission Junction is better as they don't have a ridiculous policy like this one and money gets deposited in my bank account so don't have to wait for a check to arrive.

•••
ak007 said:
Clickbank does have a silly rule about different credit card sales and doesn't count paypal, even though many people use their credit card through paypal. And I don't get it if a few people were using it for their own sales...wouldn't that be their commission anyway. I wonder how much money they have made with this rule since I'm sure not everyone is selling products on a full-time basis so they probably have a lot of inactive accounts. I've been making money through them even though don't agree with this policy since a lot of people seem to prefer paypal as the payment method. I think Commission Junction is better as they don't have a ridiculous policy like this one and money gets deposited in my bank account so don't have to wait for a check to arrive.

Yep, stupid rule. Another one is that this rule applies and also your earnings keep getting deducted at $1 every 2 weeks if your an international affiliate. I have so far made just over $100, but have lost around $75 just waiting for the credit card thing to add up to four.

•••
john238 said:
Yep, stupid rule. Another one is that this rule applies and also your earnings keep getting deducted at $1 every 2 weeks if your an international affiliate. I have so far made just over $100, but have lost around $75 just waiting for the credit card thing to add up to four.

Agreed. Why does it really matter about needing 4 credit cards anyway? Even if you were buying the products yourself, you're still making money for ClickBank and the affiliate product's owner, so no one is losing out. This rule surely drives people away from CB but then again a lot of people probably don't read it and, after a few sales, are left wondering why their cheque hasn't turned up!

•••
It's stupid. It helps to prevent you from buying products directly so that you get a commission.

How I see it is what's different in your buying the product and getting the commission than what someone else buying the product and you getting the commission. There is not different in that and the site owner still gets the same earnings as if you don't get a commission for buy their product yourself, then you will most probably go elsewhere anyway, as it is probably cheaper elsewhere. You only would buy of this merchant to get a commission aswell as it probably will work out a little cheaper than elsewhere.

•••
I think this is just a way for them to divert money away from affiliates and it's about time people started complaining to get the policy changed. It makes no sense at all. When I initially emailed them about it they said they were going by some "US law" I wonder which old books they found this law. I can see how easily the money can dwindle away if you don't hurry-up and get the credit card sales because if your account is inactive for 90 days, then they start charging fees for inactivity. Wow here's an idea, why don't they pay the money owed to the inactive accounts and close them...no that wouldn't work as they would lose money that rightfully didn't belong to them.

•••
As for as the payment structure is concerned, I'm happy with its policies. It was in the beginning I faced some problems with the minimum sales, but after you cross that step you will find no fault with the affiliate network.

•••
So after you had them 2 sales have you still got them or were they removed because of the customers getting a refund. I find that the refund percentage in Clickbank is really high.

Other programs I hardly get any sales that are deducted due to refunds. It does happen, but nowhere near as often as it happens in clickbank.

•••
I just had my first clickbank sale today. Within 3 hours of advertising it. I had 13 clicks on my affiliate link and 1 sale that I got $16.61 out of!

Ty Maier :D

•••
Congratulations on your first sale. Hope there is more to follow.

•••
thepurplecow said:
I got the sales from 2 different anti-spyware products. I also marketed another product but have stopped as I have had no conversions. I'm completely new to this so still trying out all the different products etc!

I recently tried using CB for the first time and so far no sales. I'm going to give it some more time though before I provide judgement.

•••
I've had terrible results with CB. CJ.com or similar are much more reputable and in my case profitable.

•••
bfluid said:
I just had my first clickbank sale today. Within 3 hours of advertising it. I had 13 clicks on my affiliate link and 1 sale that I got $16.61 out of!

Ty Maier :D

What product were you advertising? I'm advertising two products each having received about 15 clicks and still no sales. :(

•••
It takes at least 100 clicks before you can judge a product. Send me a PM and I tell you. :)

Ty Maier

•••
Yep 15 clicks is not many. Sometimes it can take around 1,000 clicks before you have a sale. It depends on how you advertise the products on your site or where ever you promote them.

•••
john238 said:
Yep 15 clicks is not many. Sometimes it can take around 1,000 clicks before you have a sale. It depends on how you advertise the products on your site or where ever you promote them.

Yikes! That many clicks at the CPC I'm paying ($0.20 - $0.50) would put me deep in the red. :o

•••
the trick is to have your own clickbank product.
I wrote 3 ebooks and have sold a few through affiliates, but more through direct sales. I advertise though a double opt in newsletter, and through links on a blog - myspace- and other adult sites. No paid advertising.

•••
whitebark said:
I've had terrible results with CB. CJ.com or similar are much more reputable and in my case profitable.

I agree with you, Com Junction has been far more profitable for more and their products seem to be more convertible.. less clicks more sales .. in comparison to my CB campaigns.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back