Dynadot

Classic scammer

NameSilo
Watch

Paul123

Established Member
Impact
Hi all.

This is so funny. Do others have these scammers emailing them ? I have copied and pasted the conversation so far. Start from the bottom and read up.

I will post the reply when it arrives ;)

Best,
Paul

Dear Sir.

It sounds good to me.

To save messing about lets say you can have it for £100. I am not a greedy man so I don't want 22K. 100 bucks and it's yours ;)

Lets get the deal on.

Best,
Paul

To: [Redacted]
Sent: Friday, 31 July 2015, 8:01
Subject: Re: Offer to purchase computers-laptops.com

Paul,

My client offers a sum in $22,000 - $24,000 range.

Of course, the final figure will depend on the appraised value.

If your domain has been certified and appraised, please email me an appraisal certificate and we will proceed with the sale. If you don’t have a certificate it’s not a problem. I may send you instructions how to obtain it.

Please note, my client does not accept auto-generated appraisals and appraisals without trademark infringement verification.

The certification must include the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher we will increase the price accordingly.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems.

3. Verification of the owner. It proves you are a legitimate owner and your domain has no any obligations and restrictions. I’m sure that you are a legitimate owner so it will be only a formality.

You can read about certification agencies that can be accepted by my client at http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/189854.html (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

The process is very easy:1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $22,000 offer and need a valuation near this value. After several hours you will get the results. If the price in your certificate comes higher we will increase our offer accordingly.
2. Then send the certificate via email and we’ll start the sale process.

If you are new to the certification process, I can help you with step by step instructions.

On 31.07.2015 8:50, paul hawtin wrote:

Dear Sir.

If your client would like to buy my domain lets get the ball rolling !
Make an offer and if we both agree we can complete the deal within 24 hours.

Best,
Paul

To: [Redacted]
Sent: Thursday, 30 July 2015, 22:01
Subject: Offer to purchase computers-laptops.com

Hello!

I represent an investor from USA who would like to buy computers-laptops.com for a new project.

The buyer is a professional investor and owns several businesses.

Are you still interested in selling the domain name?

If yes, let's discuss the sale process.

I have regular meetings with many major domain investors.

If you have other names for sale, please email me the list.

Best Regards,

Haim Weizman

Lawyer

19 Palyam St.

Haifa

Israel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So funny -- I just got this email about an hour ago. I googled a portion of the obviously canned email and found this thread. I'll try your tactic and see what he says ;)

•••
So funny -- I just got this email about an hour ago. I googled a portion of the obviously canned email and found this thread. I'll try your tactic and see what he says ;)

Ha ha. Don't hold your breath ApeXX. I have just had a reply and he states that they will still pay $22,000

A $100 will do but who I am to complain ;) If I get 22K I will buy everyone on the forum a beer.

•••
Hey ApeXX. Just sent him this ;)

Dear Sir.

I will be delighted to accept the offer from your client of $22,000 for my domain computers-laptops.com

I have the domain listed on Flippa at the moment on auction as it happens (link here https://flippa.com/5361158-great-keywords-with-very-high-google-search-results). The reserve is $40 but there are four days to go until the end of the auction, and I may even drop it to 20 bucks in the last hour.

However I expect a buying frenzy of last minute bidders so you need to move quickly. I will accept 100 bucks for the domain if you cough up today. Please contact your client and ask him to reply asap. Please remove any expletives from his email.

Have a great day.

Best,
Paul

•••
Just had a reply which is printed below. It looks like I HAVE to accept 22K. I will do what they say and keep you updated. Remember the beers are on me ;) He is not a very good lawyer though is he ???

Best,
Paul

.............................................................................................................

• To
    • paul hawtin
    Of course, you must be sure you will sell it for at least $22,000. To avoid any risks just contact their support at Domain Certification Contact Page regarding a possible appraised value for your domain. Please specify your domain and let them know you have a buyer with $22,000 offer and need a valuation near this value. Just ask them if it's possible or not. If you receive a positive response, you will proceed with the certification. If not, you don't lose anything.

On 31.07.2015 20:32, paul hawtin wrote:
    Dear Sir.
    I will be delighted to accept the offer from your client of $22,000 for my domain computers-laptops.com
    I have the domain listed on Flippa at the moment on auction as it happens (link here https://flippa.com/5361158-great-keywords-with-very-high-google-search-results). The reserve is $40 but there are four days to go until the end of the auction, and I may even drop it to 20 bucks in the last hour.
    However I expect a buying frenzy of last minute bidders so you need to move quickly. I will accept 100 bucks for the domain if you cough up today. Please contact your client and ask him to reply asap. Please remove any expletives from his email.
    Have a great day.
    Best,
    Paul

•••
Yeah I emailed mine back saying that $22k wasn't nearly enough -- he'd have to double it. In reality I'd sell this domain for $20.

•••
This is a classic appraisal scam. There are hundreds of threads on this forum about them, for example Here. Get used to them, when your domain portfolio gets to a decent size you'll be getting 1 or 2 of those per week :)

•••
This is a classic appraisal scam. There are hundreds of threads on this forum about them, for example Here. Get used to them, when your domain portfolio gets to a decent size you'll be getting 1 or 2 of those per week :)

With a portfolio of 200+ names, I was surprised I hadn't gotten one before. But I knew right away what it was, thanks to NP.

•••
Just another old appraisal scam, as already pointed out. Add to spam, or delete, and move on with life.

•••
Just another old appraisal scam, as already pointed out. Add to spam, or delete, and move on with life.

I will certainly move on with my life RD. I don't think I have to much of a problem doing this. It might take me a few days but I'll get there ;)

I just posted because I am fairy new to it all and it is the first spam I have received. I am sure others have received the same emails hence my title for the thread 'Classic Spammer'

Have you got the 44K yet ApeXX B-)

•••
Yeah, just got the mail today... :)

•••
Lol...

The more domains you acquire, the more emails you will continually receive from weird people selling crap names or offering to buy your domains for insane prices.

Most are scams but remember there could be a legitimate offer within all of those crap emails. Look through them carefully!

-Omar

•••
Hey guys,
I just got an email from that stupid regular spam person, lawyer.tel.aviv.co.il (eta)gmail

Hello!

I represent an investor from Israel who wants to buy your domain for an online startup.

My client is an owner of several businesses. He is a profesional investor.

Are you still interested in selling this domain?

If so, please reply back and we will negotiate the price and discuss the sale process.

I have regular meetings with many major domain investors.

If you have other names for sale, please email me the list.

Best Regards,

David Ben Shimol

Lawyer

15-A Palyam St.

Haifa

Israel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back