Dynadot

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kassey i own the below idn domain registered from 2004 does it mean dream.com prime term or other meaning
梦想.com

Thanks
Yes, it means "dream" but not the one you do every night. It's more like your vision or something you want to achieve in the future.

•••
Hi @Kassey Lee,

Your thoughts on the following domains?
  • LuDongbin.com
  • ZhongliQuan.com
From what I understand, they're 2 of the "8 Immortals" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Immortals). The other 6 immortals are also taken.

Any other insights you can provide? Or, thoughts on value?

Last edited:
•••
Any other insights you can provide?
Not much. Usually personal names or the like are not commonly seen in building commercial websites.

•••
Running out of domain names or creative minds?

Esther Dyson understands domain names. She was the founding chairman of domain organization ICANN after all. In 2011, she was asked by a Techcrunch reporter how she felt about the large number of new extensions to be introduced soon. Their conversation has left me with a deep impression:

•••
Protect your domain names

Two pieces of news I read recently prompted me to think that companies must carefully protect their domain names. The first one was actually a recruitment ad by American movie studio 20th Century Fox for a domain manager. The second one was about the domain name 864.com being stolen in China.

•••
•••
•••
Do you need to own Chinese domain names?

A large number of Chinese domain extensions have been released in the last few years, and you may have already come across some of them by chance. You may even wonder if you should acquire some Chinese domain names for your business. Today let's look at this issue.

•••
•••
Kassey
Your thoughts on US city pinyon .com value and demand
such as xiyatu.com Seattle.
Thanks.

•••
Kassey
Your thoughts on US city pinyon .com value and demand
such as xiyatu.com Seattle.
Thanks.
You can use Baidu and check its search result to see how popular the term is.

I think Pinyin names for popular US cities would be great for building travel-related sites. Great brands and easily recognizable by consumers.

•••
Kassey, Do you have the latest available Baidu released search data or link 2 ?
Is the word/term “Cyber" known or used currently in China's B2B comunities ? I asked the question as new tech words\terms that will become global generics offer opportunities in brand lead generation "Cyber" "Crypto" CyberAnquan will ultimately supersede WangluoAnquan IMO what is your opinion Kassey?
Thanks in anticipation of your netizen knowledge

•••
Do you have the latest available Baidu released search data or link 2 ?
Is the word/term “Cyber" known or used currently in China's B2B comunities ?
Here's the link: http://tongji.baidu.com/data/source
Note that it's in Chinese and flash based, so my latest Firefox browser can't display it.

Even if you don't read Chinese, you can still use the search engine. Just enter your English term into the search box and check the number of search result. Look at the results and see if there are any domain names incorporating your search term. Visit them and get a general feel.

•••
Even if you don't read Chinese, you can still use the search engine. Just enter your English term into the search box and check the number of search result. Look at the results and see if there are any domain names incorporating your search term. Visit them and get a general feel.[/QUOTE]
My Thanks Kassey
May I ask if you would please reply to my other inquiry at a personal cognitive feel/reaction as it is only to a Nation State citizen I can asked the question given time do you think "Cyber" will become a generic term in the Chinese B2B community? I have my thoughts but it would be arrogant to make assumptions without the all important cultural knowledge I look forward and will be grateful for your comment albeit a best guess.

•••
I'm not sure if common Chinese folks recognize the word "Cyber".Is it still popular in the western world?

•••
No one with any business sense cares about the word "Cyber"...add that to the pile that includes "online".

•••
No one with any business sense cares about the word "Cyber"...add that to the pile that includes "online".

A company using Cyber.fund which is high traffic website and has Alexa traffic rank of under 200K. Poor choice of name.

•••
Kassey It is not about the common people and for sure if you do not know then it is not known. It is about the B2B community. over the last year VC funding is pouring into rationalising the "cyber security" industry at the level $50 to $100m per group small startups will not survive without access to D-Wave systems front of till Alexa Siri Alibaba IoT mesh will force international "Cyber"Security international agreements for IoT to advance. No disrespect but Abdul/E-Promote have blinkered vision.
Google = "cyber security” [About 26,200,000 results]
crypto = 33,300,000 result
Baibu = wanglou 百度为您找到相关结果约100,000,000个
Baidu = anquan 百度为您找到相关结果约100,000,000个
Its about the near future I have done the best I can as a foreign investor for Chinese centric Cyber Security fintechs to take forward keep an eye and open mind on events as I cannot access China's fintech startups.
CyberSuo com - CyberAnquan com - CryptoSou com - AnquanWanglou - CyberBaoxian

Last edited:
•••
No disrespect but Abdul/E-Promote have blinkered vision.

You misunderstood my statement.
I just shared the fact. That doesn't mean I was pointing out that the term "cyber" have faded. And that example (Cyber.fund) given above was shared for another reason that I own CyberFund.com

•••
cyber is not a good term in English it is dated and even if chinese people know it (doubt it) it would likely be even a worse choice in eastern markets.

This is fantasy/daydreaming domaining IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Kassey, have you seen an estibot like site for valuating Chinese character and pinyin domain names?Maybe someone in China will get started on one.

•••
•••
You misunderstood my statement.
I just shared the fact. That doesn't mean I was pointing out that the term "cyber" have faded. And that example (Cyber.fund) given above was shared for another reason that I own CyberFund.com
My apologies I misunderstood the "Poor choice of name."

•••
cyber is not a good term in English it is dated and even if chinese people know it (doubt it) it would likely be even a worse choice in eastern markets.

This is fantasy/daydreaming domaining IMO.
Loving that "Cyber is dated" : ) my Borg associates think the same as me !!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back