IT.COM

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very useful thread @ChinaMobi thank you.

Do you know if TR means anything?

•••
Is zyxy somehow related to the traditional chinese medicine? At least this is what google translator suggests ... just wanted to double check...

Thanks

•••
i have a question : xlxly for google translate is psychology but yabla not find any key.
true google or yabla ?

•••
Very useful thread @ChinaMobi thank you.

Do you know if TR means anything?
TR can be assoicatd with 通融
Meanings:
1. To make an exception in somebody's favour; stretch rules; get around regulations
2. Accommodate somebody with a short-term loan

Examples:

1. 请给通融一下。
Would you kindly make an exception for us this time ?

2. 请你们通融通融,让我过几天再来付钱吧。
It would be an accommodation to me if you could wait some days for the money .

Source: http://www.ichacha.net/通融.html

•••
bj 北京
sh 上海,生活
sz 深圳,苏州
zj 之家,浙江,自驾,湛江,资金
sd 山东,速递,水电
sc 四川,收藏,送餐,商城,
rc 人才
zp 招聘
hr 人才招聘
bb 宝贝,宝宝
mm 妈妈,妹妹,面膜,美眉,买卖
xw 新闻
tc 特产,同城
jk 健康,驾考
ys 养生,饮食,云上,医生,艺术,影视
sy 商业,沈阳,摄影,实业,生意,试衣
gj 国际,工具,高教,逛街
dg 代购,导购,帝国,电工
ms 美食,秘书,美术
zr 整容,妆容,众融
jr 金融
jj 家具,基金,经济
xd 信贷,小贷
dk 贷款,短裤,点卡
kd 快递,口袋,快贷
fc 房产,发财,妇产
zh 智慧,中华,珠海
zn 智能
yd 药店,移动,预定
yy 医院,医药,营养,影院,音乐,语音
zg 中国,自贡,掌柜
cn 中国,处女
tx 天下,通信,同学,同性
gg 广告,哥哥,公关
jd 酒店,机电,家电
hw 户外,海外,货物
jy 教育,交友,酒业
yx 游戏,医学,音响
zx 在线,装修,中学
ym 域名,易名,源码,幽默,影迷,玉米,爷们,姨妈,移民,姚明,杨幂,渔民,育苗,艺名,原木,沂蒙,银幕,养猫
wl 物流,网络,温岭
zz 针织,郑州,站长
cm 传媒
my 母婴,蚂蚁,贸易
zm 芝麻,桌面,照明
tt 天天,谈谈,听听
mz 拇指,妹子,门诊,梅州
sj 手机,世界,数据,商机,设计
sm 数码,商贸
px 培训,皮鞋,皮箱
xx 信息,新鲜,小学
rx 热线
yw 义乌,业务,原味
dm 动漫
dh 动画,导航,兑换
qc 汽车
yj 有机,瑜伽,眼镜,应急,冶金
cw 宠物,财务,车网
bc 银行,板材
ls 绿色,律师,零食,铃声,连锁
zc 众筹,早餐,租车
mr 美容
dj 代驾,度假
lm 联盟
wd 微贷,网店,网贷
dc 地产,打车,订餐
xm 厦门
ok
ex 快递
ev 电动
cb 银行
zb 珠宝,资本
zl 助理,租赁
jz 建站,家政
zs 掌上,招商,助手,装饰
cf 财富
rz 融资
qb 钱包
pg 评估,苹果,皮革
rr 人人
zq 证券,足球
wy 我要 无忧,网游
gf 股份
jf 金服
xt 信托,学堂
ph 普惠
dy 第一

免费送你们了,好好学学!

•••
pai da tui. 拍大腿 。

域名的热门词。免费送你们

为什么不让发图

•••
@xinxiaoxian Good list. Thanks. Here are some of the terms, with English translations.

ZP 招聘 (hire)
XW 新闻 (news)
JR 金融 (finance)
ZN 智能 (intelligent)
CM 传媒 (media)
RX 热线 (hotline)
QC 汽车 (car)
CB 银行 (bank)
CF 财富 (wealth)
DY 第一 (number one)

•••
@xinxiaoxian Good list. Thanks. Here are some of the terms, with English translations.

ZP 招聘 (hire)
XW 新闻 (news)
JR 金融 (finance)
ZN 智能 (intelligent)
CM 传媒 (media)
RX 热线 (hotline)
QC 汽车 (car)
CB 银行 (bank)
CF 财富 (wealth)
DY 第一 (number one)
My English is not good

•••
Is zyxy somehow related to the traditional chinese medicine? At least this is what google translator suggests ... just wanted to double check...

Thanks

Baidu shows a company called ZYXY listed on a portal on drugs in China, but only contact info with no details about the company is included. See http://zyxy.chemdrug.com/

•••
@ChinaMobi - How is the Chinese Market / Chinese Domain Investors approaching the 7N .com domains?

You have any news / views on it?

•••
i have a question : xlxly for google translate is psychology but yabla not find any key.
true google or yabla ?
XL can refer to 心理(psychology) but I could not find an appropriate Chinese character to complete XLY.

Well, XLY can refer to 夏令营 (summer camp).

A summer camp for psychology study? I won't be interested in going.

•••
@godolphin My thought is not worth a penny... but let me share with you something I learned some years ago in real estate. It's called the ripple effect. When a housing boom starts, it usually starts from the city center where the most expensive houses are located. As the boom spreads, some investors can't afford the prices so they move outward, making the circle larger and larger.

•••
Thanks! keep this thread going...

•••
•••
•••
Baidu shows a company called ZYXY listed on a portal on drugs in China, but only contact info with no details about the company is included. See
ZY 中药 中医 专业 作业 中原 租用 XY 西药 西医 校园 学院 校友 信阳

•••
•••
@godolphin My thought is not worth a penny... but let me share with you something I learned some years ago in real estate. It's called the ripple effect. When a housing boom starts, it usually starts from the city center where the most expensive houses are located. As the boom spreads, some investors can't afford the prices so they move outward, making the circle larger and larger.
9188888.net 7N At the end of 888 Very expensive

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for all the info you're sharing, @ChinaMobi. I asked for your opinion about a couple of domain names, GAOXN and QRBDJ, which apparently could have something to do with High performance and holidays in Japan. Is that correct? Does it make sense?

Thanks again and keep it going!

•••
Can you use NLL to develop your corporate website? 广州七乐康药业连锁有限公司 (Qi Le Kang) did and you can find its Chinese language website at 7LK.com. It's a online drugstore which recently received B series funding.

You can easily see that the domain name does not match exactly the company name. It also owns 7KL.cn and 7LK.org, as well as qilekang.com.

•••
@RozasMD I'm not an expert on domain names, and I have no idea what GAOXN and QRBDJ stand for in Japanese, so I used the most popular search engine in Japan, Yahoo.co.jp, to do a search. Unfortunately, nothing meaningful in Japanese came up.

When it comes to domain names in Japan, let me share with you an experience. A year ago when I was in Japan I did an informal study. I bought a copy of Asahi Shimbun(朝日新聞) and read all ads inside the newspaper to see how domain names were used. My conclusion? Many companies in Japan -- even those that are listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange -- have no understanding of the value and importance of domain names. They used low quality name, abbreviation, and hyphen. For example, the giant in job recruitment space Recruit uses Recruit-rgf.com as its main site. Domain names were not prominently displayed in the ads. Instead, many placed prominently a search box with a keyword suggested to readers to enter in order to find them. Search engines must be laughing all the way to the bank! This is why you don't hear much about domain name purchase from Japan (well except Z.com). Selling domain names to Japan is a tough job. The Japanese corporations have yet to wake up.

The good news is, you have two 5L names and we know 5L.com these days are worth something.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back