Dynadot

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

Such kind of domains you mentioned are only finding demand since Chinese investors are ready to pour huge amount of money in them.But this may be a temporary phase.But various top sources reveal the Chinese economy doesn't seem to be doing too well.The day this bubble bursts you'll see a steep fall in the price of such domains.I think its sensible to invest in meaningful premium one word or two word domain names instead of risking your hard earned money.

•••
8 is of course good but not when paired with 5!
58 means not prosperous
:P
网吧 (Internet cafe)
我发 (I'm making a fortune)
我伴 (I accompany)
How about that?

•••
Hi ChinaMobi

Which are the popular chinese domaining forums in China?
I can only find 1 that is buzzing with activity.
Baidu is my source of domain news in China.

•••
•••
高科技 gāokējì meaning high tech / high technology
高技术 gāojìshù meaning high technology / high tech

what Pinyin characters can I derive from them?
(gāo kē jì) GKJ or (gāokē jì) GJ
(gāo jì shù) GJS or (gāojì shù) GS
I'll take GKJ and GJS to correspond with the 3 Chinese characters.

•••
What you guys think is the meaning of XBYX?
I know XBY can be Spain in Chinese, anything else?

•••
CF.com sold

CF
吃饭(eating a meal). Restaurant business?
出发 (departure). Good for tour-related sites
财富 (fortune)

jqs.com sold.

JQS
金钱树 (money tree)
季前赛 (pre-season matches)

cgq.com sold

CGQ
猜歌曲 (guessing songs)
冲过去 (rush)
超高清 (ultra high definition)
蔡国庆 (name of a famous singer)

•••
I sold bjcnt.com not too long ago, I thought it was a pretty good name for the Chinese market

•••
Got a recommendation to acquire GAOXN and QRBDJ, which apparently could make sense for Chinese buyers (high performance and holidays in Japan).

Is it correct or are there any other possible meanings?

Thanks!

•••
Picked up hkhbhh in the king. Who knows..:laugh:

•••
•••
•••
•••
I believe all the buying up of these NNLL/LLNN and LLLLL dot coms is going to make other names such as "readable" "pronounceable" english phrase domains rise in value above the last 3 to 4 year trend.

•••
Are aeiou bad in Chinese domain names? How about the name GOUE? It's got three vowels in this 4-letter name. How much is it worth?

According to recent news, Chinese firm 深圳购易天空科技有限公司 (Goue Technology Co. Ltd) bought Goue.com early this year for 7 figures (RMB?) as their official website. Goue is not the exact spelling of the company name, but rather the domain name rhymes with the company name 购易 (Gou Yi). The company also owns goue.com.cn.

The company is a O2O startup with fresh funding. No product has been launched yet, and both sites have a landing page only.

•••
What you guys think is the meaning of XBYX?
I know XBY can be Spain in Chinese, anything else?
How about 小兵勇行 (little soldier marching courageously)? For games or children toy series?

Last edited:
•••
•••
XDWI.COM was auctioned on 4.cn and just sold for 1940 RMB. Seller promoted domain name as consisting of two parts.

XD
兄弟(brothers)
小弟(little brother)

WI.
Wifi.

"Can be used for games," seller said.

•••
According to yesterday's news from ename.cn , 214.com was sold for close to 3m RMB. Feb 14 is Valentine's Day which is also celebrated in China and an opportunity for big sale of products.

•••
•••
I LOLed at this picture, what is he saying?

mp40068270_1446797624988_2.png

•••
Did China have ninjas?
I have a great name for them 444.ninja

•••
175.cn was sold for 6 figures.

一起玩 (play together)

•••
•••
@ChinaMobi - Your thoughts on LNNL com names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back