Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it a somewhat good estimate that
chinese LLLL.com premiums are at at least $1billion value today?
Unlike Number .coms chinese premium LLLL.com boomed in value in a very short period.
Will they hold their value or is it the biggest BUBBLE ever seen in domains?

Share your thoughts please

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The miracle is the current price of these $20 digital rocks people were throwing away a year ago.

It's odd to watch, but I think somewhere in the hearts of logic and reason we all know these will go back to being pretty affordable for the average domainer.

BTC fell because confidence was down, and people started questioning their investments not seeing the returns they expected. Criminal enterprises were being uncovered, and merchant adoption was decreasing.

4L.COM will continue to decline over now shaky confidence, multi-billion dollar criminal enterprise goes down, end users not adopting the 4L.com as an affordable end user solution at expected prices.

I am unapologetic in my POV on this. Go read the BTC archives, this song was sung years ago. It might have a different beat, but it's the same song.

Buy domains based on end user appeal for China and USA - you might not be as liquid, but you might sell single assets at higher prices than at a perceived moving average.

Looking at current trend, I would actually not be surprised, if they fall back to under $1000 actually. At lest for the totally random 4 letter Chip .com.

•••
are Np members still getting offers from chinese investors,i do but not as much

•••
we have several indications that we are on a global deflation

Wow! That is very unexpected and alternative opinion. With all the cheap money that Fed 've been pumping into economy since 2008 and recently Chinese government into their economy deflation seems the pipe dream.
Besides gas I can't think of anything that cost less than few years ago. Every year you spend more money on food, housing, etc, etc. Sure, there's some countries like Greece where it's not the case, but my country is not affected by deflation in any way. Same is true about China.

•••
•••
•••
More than ever in the last few days. It has gone up.

Yup, everyday, most hoping to buy below market. The floor on Godaddy seems to be $1950 for Chinese Premium 4L.

•••
I'm dwn to 200 Chinese chips still selling at just over $2k each on Sedo.

As we enter the holiday season it slows then picks up around late Jan/Feb.

•••
Yup, everyday, most hoping to buy below market. The floor on Godaddy seems to be $1950 for Chinese Premium 4L.

my 4l.com low offers are not necessarily from chinese domsinersd heh

•••
I just got this email last week. "Hi,2000$per for llll.coms no AEIOUV,China market price starting droping,thanks!"

I have received many others claiming the market is falling apart you better sell now and the offers range from $1700 - $2000 per name.

I have a saying...
When the mice get scared they start running, when they start running they get eaten by the cat.

Cheers

•••
Eventually, wechips will have higher floor price, imho, while western prems will be trading on par with CPs.
I can see CPs floor remaining around $2K-2.5K, WPs floor reaching the same within a year, and wechips trading at $3k-3.5K level.

End user minimums will be 2-6 times higher.

•••
I can see CPs floor remaining around $2K-2.5K, WPs floor reaching the same within a year, and wechips trading at $3k-3.5K level.

based on what?

•••
i was getting email with offers $1800 ect now down to $800 from sina.com for LLLL.com chips
and not as many..

ok just wondered

•••
chaomi shows today very promising sales. All sales are in 13999-14500rmb range. The same increase in sales as on last monday. What does happen in China on mondays? )

•••
based on what?

1. There are 28561 wechips
2. There are 160 000 CPs out of which 28561 are wechips and 131439 non-wechips
3. There are 83521 WPs out of which 28561 are wechips and 54960 are non-wechips

So, excluding wechips, there are 2.5 times more CPs than WPs.

This, of course, need to be checked, but I'd speculate there are more WPs that are currently being used by end user than CPs, which could make WPs available for trade 3-5 times less

Also, arguably, WPs might have more end users. Remember that Chinese, for whom CPs are important, have their own default name in .cn with which CPs would have to compete and also China is only less than 1/10 of world economy.

So, WPs have less supply more ultimate demand and those forces will help it to get at least at par with CPs, but eventually higher value, which has been the case always except for 2015 CP boom.

And with wechips, again, even less supply, even bigger demand and you see why I bet that their values will go even higher.

•••

CP and WP are terms widely used, but what are you referring to when you say "wechip". I've only seen you use this terminology. Maybe it's another terminology used on other forums, but I'm not familiar with it.

•••
WeChip = dual Western Chinese Premium. Actually, quite a few people here on NP use it.

ONLY:

B C D F G H L M N P R S T letters

•••
WeChip = dual Western Chinese Premium. Actually, quite a few people here on NP use it.

ONLY:

B C D F G H L M N P R S T letters

I get the qualification schema of it, the terminology is extremely new, and it looks like this is only a term from the past two weeks used very sparsely.

Interesting that the We-Chips (is that what we're calling them?) got so much more than the regular Chips. Wonder if that's east or west bidding them up like that?

It's good as any name for B,C,D,F,G,H,L,M,N,P,R,S,T only - We-Chip it is.

•••
1. There are 28561 wechips
2. There are 160 000 CPs out of which 28561 are wechips and 131439 non-wechips
3. There are 83521 WPs out of which 28561 are wechips and 54960 are non-wechips

This, of course, need to be checked, but I'd speculate there are more WPs that are currently being used by end user than CPs, which could make WPs available for trade 3-5 times less

Also, arguably, WPs might have more end users. Remember that Chinese, for whom CPs are important, have their own default name in .cn with which CPs would have to compete and also China is only less than 1/10 of world economy.

So, WPs have less supply more ultimate demand and those forces will help it to get at least at par with CPs, but eventually higher value, which has been the case always except for 2015 CP boom.

And with wechips, again, even less supply, even bigger demand and you see why I bet that their values will go even higher.

...no, i meant how you arrived at $2-2.5K CP floor estimation?
crystal ball or anything from exponential moving averages world, Markov chains or quantum entanglement?

•••
...no, i meant how you arrived at $2-2.5K CP floor estimation?
crystal ball or anything from exponential moving averages world, Markov chains or quantum entanglement?

Did you see the "remaining at" right next to $2-2.5K in my post? Now look up the meaning of it in a dictionary. That should relieve from chains and entanglements.

•••
Did you see the "remaining at" right next to $2-2.5K in my post? Now look up the meaning of it in a dictionary. That should relieve from chains and entanglements.

not sure if you read me correctly.. i checked a dictionary for "remaining at" as well as "wannabe prophets"
..which didnt help out with why 4L would "remain at" $2-2.5K floor..
any other relief you can offer, or maybe you need to look up something in your dictionary now? ill wait, no hurry...

•••
You can't see the difference between calculated forecast/expectation/bet and prophecy. All your further comments to me will be ignored. Not willing to waste time.

•••
Eventually, wechips will have higher floor price, imho, while western prems will be trading on par with CPs.

End user minimums will be 2-6 times higher.

It is possible, but only if Western money will enter the market and people here start valuing acronyms just like Chinese do. Remember, Chips are valuable for the reason, because in Chinese language each 2L = word, 4L = 2 words, that makes 4L for Chinese = equivalent 2L for everyone else.

I think that WeChips are safer investment than regular chips. But what else comes with safety? That's right, less profit. Chinese tend to pay less for 4L with initials that are not so popular in Mandarin, and premium letters like C, Z, J command higher prices. Not all of Chinese premium letters equal Western premium letters.
I'd prefer to buy chips targeted for Chinese with best Chinese letters that could be not premium in English.
And buy good Western letters to target Western people, that not necessarily chips. Market segmentation, you know.

Last edited:
•••
Djum, good point.

I would still disagree though that 4L is equivalent of 2L. By the same token, you could argue that 6L is equivalent to 3L and somehow is also very valuable, although I can see the similarity. To me the big red flag is the fact that somehow this became important in 2015. If this value were intrinsic, it should have shown itself much earlier.

Personally I still prefer to invest in letters that makes meaningful acronym in European languages.

•••
Djum, good point.

I would still disagree though that 4L is equivalent of 2L.

Not always, but most of times.
BJ is so popular and valuable with 25 mln. population, that sellers demand $100K+ for it, it leads to companies buying domains with B+LLL instead and using just 1L = word Beijing.
Same with Website, acronym = WZ, for some reason Chinese using just 1L = W for it.

•••
Hmmmm....last 2 chip sales on Namejet.

xbsm.com $5,255.00 12/1/2015 NameJet
bncf.com $3,101.00 12/1/2015 NameJet

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back