Domain Empire
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Is it a somewhat good estimate that
chinese LLLL.com premiums are at at least $1billion value today?
Unlike Number .coms chinese premium LLLL.com boomed in value in a very short period.
Will they hold their value or is it the biggest BUBBLE ever seen in domains?

Share your thoughts please

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
One of my chinese friend just told me market is going up some big boy woke up and told everyone not to panic.
So guys relax do not worry someone played with market and bought at deep whoever bought on this deep congrats to them.
Market sort of bottomed out at $1900, I don't know who your big boy is, but my Chinese friend told me is just to funny.

Even at $1900 if you can find solid end user type letters you can add value, just don't get yourself stuck in garbage letters, have dual purpose.

Trading is arbitrage you need movements for traders to make money. Anyone that needs liquidity shortly I think $2500 could be possible on an upswing, so don't sell to quickly.

It is really the quality of your letters that determines your overall price. Looks like weak letters can probably command about $1900 today.

The non vowel 4L gap is still quite wide, running around $350, if premiums are going to move higher I feel this gap needs to be closed upwards into the $500 ceiling level.

•••
Everyone stop refreshing Chaomi website! LOL

It's crashing on me... yeap timing out. Must be busy crunching out all those buyouts.

•••
Expect to hit 15500-16500 values later today.

In fact, last 4 LLLL.com sales at Chamoi have hit 15500 already.

•••
Just want to share... lol :D

Show attachment 19753
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 4.41.44 PM.png

•••
Well guys i m out of this 4l.com talk busy on new projects , it was a nice journey and was a roller coster ride , I learned lots of lessons from you guys.
Thank you all for your time keep guiding new domainers like me and i will do my best to help out any new domainers.

•••
most of the 4 letter domain name is meaningless, but Chinese guys try to get a meaning for it. They buy the domain is not purposely for end user, is for another domain name player. :)

•••
Prices seems to have rebounded to $2400-$2450 for now - healthier levels than the $1.8K-$2K ranges we have been seeing over past 24 hours... we'll see if the trend continues.

•••
sbgl.com for $1000 on Flippa
Another seller not setting a reserve price. What a steal. 100%+ profit in one day :)

•••
chaomi says prices gone wild !

•••
Another seller not setting a reserve price. What a steal. 100%+ profit in one day :)

Dude probably panicked lol. Another steal for the buyer.

•••

That is if they transfer the domain, many times the seller just refuses to transfer the domain name.

•••
Once all 5L chips are gone they will quickly rise in value and stop holding down 4L.com, which in turn is holding down 3L.com.

I can't agree that once once all 5L chips are gone
most of the 4 letter domain name is meaningless, but Chinese guys try to get a meaning for it. They buy the domain is not purposely for end user, is for another domain name player.

Even non-chinese quad and triple premium LLLL.coms has meaning. Take any 4L and there are some small companies or organisations that use same acronym (usually too small to buy it though).

As I understand, correct me if I wrong, in Chinese some words need 2 letters to make acronym.

BJ - Beijing
ZX - Online
SH - Shanhai
KJ - Tech
SJ - Data
etc, etc. etc

So english company named Miami Data Tech would require mdt.com domain, in Chinese Shanhai Data Tech would require SHSJKJ.com! And you tell that most of chinese 4l domains are meaningless?

Correct me if wrong.

•••
That is if they transfer the domain, many times the seller just refuses to transfer the domain name.

Tell me about it

BTW wwpp.com was a nice catch lol :D

Screenshot_14.png

•••
@BMS Did you have to pay upfront before Sedo found out they couldn't transfer those names?

•••
•••
Yes you have to pay first.

You don't need to, just ask transfer-agent to make sure if seller really has the domain.

•••
You don't need to, just ask transfer-agent to make sure if seller really has the domain.

Hmmm, didn't know. I always pay first. Thanks for the info, bro.

•••
Tell me about it

BTW wwpp.com was a nice catch lol :D

Show attachment 19778
So much inventory has changed hands many of the sales sites are holding void inventory.

Do your homework before you lock up thousands in dead transactions.

•••
So much inventory has changed hands many of the sales sites are holding void inventory.

Do your homework before you lock up thousands in dead transactions.

They were the latest listings, man. I'm following only latest listings. You are right about the old listings...

•••
@BMS I wonder how many times those names were "sold" I'm still waiting for Go daddy to refund my $280 for ssns.net !

•••
•••
@BMS I wonder how many times those names were "sold" I'm still waiting for Go daddy to refund my $280 for ssns.net !

He listed this domain with BIN price on Nov 16 on Sedo, I bought it asap, but then... you know that feeling :) good luck with your refund, on sedo you are refunded in 3-4 days.

•••
He listed this domain with BIN price on Nov 16 on Sedo, I bought it asap, but then... you know that feeling :) good luck with your refund, on sedo you are refunded in 3-4 days.

hmm, my receipt from Godaddy is from Nov. 13

•••
I can't agree that once once all 5L chips are gone

Even non-chinese quad and triple premium LLLL.coms has meaning. Take any 4L and there are some small companies or organisations that use same acronym (usually too small to buy it though).

As I understand, correct me if I wrong, in Chinese some words need 2 letters to make acronym.

BJ - Beijing
ZX - Online
SH - Shanhai
KJ - Tech
SJ - Data
etc, etc. etc

So english company named Miami Data Tech would require mdt.com domain, in Chinese Shanhai Data Tech would require SHSJKJ.com! And you tell that most of chinese 4l domains are meaningless?

Correct me if wrong.

You have chose the meaningful letters for Chinese company. How many these sold 4 letters including such 2 letters as a group.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back