Dynadot

humor Chinese domain spammer: “I do it for the good money”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
If you own a random four letter .com domain, chances are that you have been contacted at least a dozen times by domain spammers.

Those unscrupulous individuals email every permutation domain’s owner –from AAAA to ZZZZ– placing lowball offers, regardless of letter quality.

"Send 456976 email every two day."

Domain Gang published an interview with one of those spammers. Check it out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for sharing Arpit!

•••
Or are these made up? All these domaingang articles?

•••
•••
Looks like someone's sites getting traffic. No such thing as bad publicity.

•••
Yea domain gang (sters) site is a joke cause they mix real news with fake to get more traffic I'm sure

Good strategy to drive traffic but after I found a lot of bogus news I stopped going on it.

:xf.grin:

•••
Extremely Sorry people. I think I misunderstood the article to be one of those real ones!
My mistake.

We are anyways getting spammed for LLLL .com domains. ;)

•••
100% true stories have a graphic at the end. Parody stories don't. The DomainGang humor isn't for everyone and no-one is forced to read it.

@Arpit131 - Ideas for parody stories stem from real world incidents, such as the constant spamming for LLLL .com domains as in this case. ;)

•••
No one is forced to read it??

Well if you post articles with such headlines and content that intrigue one to peruse it then that's not forcing one to read it!

I wasn't forced to read anything I was curious on it and had no clue if it was real or parody at the time .

So unless one realizes your websites underlying agenda which is to draw traffic by creating such articles then you cannot blame the reader that they are being forced into anything.

Your logic is illogical but I have to admit senstional headlines will draw traffic to your site and if as person cannot determine if its parody or not thats their issue.

Its great method to draw interest just like the national enquirer mixesd real life with parody. I'm not knocking it!

•••
Artstar - If you just discovered DomainGang, I have news for you: It's 6 years old. So I assume you're new to the industry. Therefore, your best approach is to *listen* and learn.

Yes, many times articles from DomainGang became viral, by mainstream media even. I'm not going to be apologetic for such success. The difference is, if you're not willing to read the entire article, then headline skimming is where you're failing at.

•••
Sure sure Mr gangsta u r the man!!

•••
Peace, Artstar. :) I'm overly protective of the blog, but the truth is that most people these days don't spend time reading something. The headlines are the bait, no doubt about that.

•••
Hey its all good man I'm not trying to be a downer only point out a few things as it's your baby and we all protect what we treasure.

I think its quite brilliant and unique how u mix real and parody especially after I read your Russian billionaire storyline.

I'm sure u have a hoot writing the articles and trying to figure out what's next to parody? How about the a dicker drama could use some hahas??
Cheers
:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back