IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello!
Just read this over Kassey Lee's thread. (Thanks Kassey!):

(Beijing Administration for Industry) has just announced that company name can be a number (up to 5N).

I was refered over to this thread above via James Iles article here:

https://www.namepros.com/blog/top-t...le-big-movement-in-china.940659/#post-5477933

I just wanted to add that Kassey referenced this article.:

http://news.ename.cn/yumingjiaoyi_20160420_104087_1.html

unfortunately it's in Chinese so for those who don't speak or read Chinese. (FYI you can't just pop this article into Google Translator. It won't work. You actually need to copy and paste thee entire article into Google Translator.) so took the liberty to make things easier and below is the full Google Translation of the article.
(FYI Google Translator isn't all that great with the translation but I think you can get the gist)

(source: http://news.ename.cn/yumingjiaoyi_20160420_104087_1.html)

"Renamed China (eName.cn) April 20 hearing, the Beijing Municipal Industry and Commerce Bureau issued the relevant optimized for enterprises in Zhongguancun demonstration area approval policies. One provision allows businesses to Arabic numerals (generally not more than 5) for the firm. This digital domain holders is undoubtedly good news.

Proposed policy, allowing enterprises to Arabic numerals as font name or part of the name of the font size to use. Together with the Chinese character font used Arabic numerals should be used continuously. Arabic numerals generally not more than 5, there are special reasons must be reported to the Council by the registration approval.

Trademark and domain name investors ancient mining Penny says: This policy as a whole is good, numbers and letters so as to be enabled terminal, to enhance the value of the digital domain, but also to promote trademarks and registered trademarks of the transaction. But the policy is currently only starting from Beijing, the outlook is not good estimates depends on the market test.

In addition to investors favorable than that for technology companies is a good policy. 58 city, for example, the site belongs to Beijing Information Technology Co. fifty-eight future policy, the company name can be changed to 58 Beijing Information Technology Co., Ltd., and so the company's products with the company's trademark firm will be more consistent and help branding of course the premise is 58 city to have such thoughts.

Investors have also issued a doubt, if the number was the first to register the trademark, the domain name holder is not likely to face the risk of arbitration? This question is slightly complicated, but it is worth noting that the current policy only for the Beijing area, the relevant series of effects, have to rely on the market to test.

Attachment: BAIC optimization simplify approval procedures for registration support demonstration area of Zhongguancun enterprises (section)

Relax the conditions for registration of the name

(A) allows businesses to use Arabic numerals as part of the font name or the name of the font. Together with the Chinese character font used Arabic numerals should be used continuously. Arabic numerals generally not more than 5, there are special reasons must be reported to the Council by the registration approval.

Belong to the following circumstances Arabic numerals must not be used Company Name: 1 detrimental to national interests, public interests; 2 could lead to deceive the public, misunderstanding or in breach of public order and morals; 3 unit designation; 4 public service telephone number (public service.... phone agencies except consent); 5. other laws and regulations prohibited.

(Ii) allows an organization to have been registered as a trademark as part of the English alphabet font name or the name of the font size. By trademark holders agreed that the trademark can be used to name any investment relationship with the trademark registrant companies.

(Iii) application using Arabic numerals or letters of the alphabet in the business name, the name of the NA independent pre-screening system, still in place pre-approved name registration system, approved by the Bureau reported to the PUC."

(source: http://news.ename.cn/yumingjiaoyi_20160420_104087_1.html)

I hope people appreciate the effort. Looks like exciting times are back again. well...at least for short numerics. Good luck to everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the kind words.

For those who are interested in the Chinese domain market, what I do is I read Chinese domain news every day and then pick up several interesting stories. The short ones go into the News section and the longer ones require further research and eventually go to the Post section of my blog. Then, I email my free newsletter to subscribers at 4pm EDT (for our American friends. Will change due to daylight saving time adjustment) every day. The same contents are then uploaded to my website.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back