Dynadot

Chicago Area Domainers/Developers Group!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey there,

I want to start a group of Chicago Domainers and Developers. If you are from the Chicagoland Area (even if you're from Wisconsin or Indiana since they're both only an hour or so away) Please post here, or pm me.

I really want to get together once a month or so and I believe we can all benefit from knowing others such as ourselves that live very close.

Thanks,
Vito

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am several hours away, but if you get osmething going regularly, I might drop by from time to time, it would be fun to meet other domainers.

•••
I remember we were trying back in January or Feb, but it kind of fell apart at the end.

I'd be up for trying again.

Maybe we can have a list of topics to discuss added by members so more people would make the time to go.

•••
I am several hours away, but if you get osmething going regularly, I might drop by from time to time, it would be fun to meet other domainers.

Hey Tom,
That would be awesome!
We're gonna do it this time, I swear :)

I remember we were trying back in January or Feb, but it kind of fell apart at the end.

I'd be up for trying again.

Maybe we can have a list of topics to discuss added by members so more people would make the time to go.

Hey Ben,

I do agree with ya, but I think it will take a while to create a decent sized group with an actual schedule and so on...

I say we take your idea a while ago, and just get together soon with however many, 3/4/5/whatever, meet, lunch, drinks, something simple then take it from there for a later more business oriented meeting.

OK Chicago Area Domainer/Developers...
Come Out, Come Out Wherever you are!

•••
Wish I still lived in Chicagoland! Don't miss the winters though :x

•••
I would love to be part of this. I do live about 40 miles south of the city but IF the day/time was right I would be there..

•••
Wish I still lived in Chicagoland! Don't miss the winters though :x
Yeah but I bet you REALLY wish you were up here in Chicago right now. :)

I hear that Texas is having over 40+ consecutive days in the triple digits (100+ degrees) which is a record ever since they have been keeping temp records!
Ouch.

I would love to be part of this. I do live about 40 miles south of the city but IF the day/time was right I would be there..

James,
Thats awesome. Would be grerat to meet ya!

OK everyone, lets narrow down a good day of the week or weekend...

Mon after work
Tues after work
Wed after work
Thurs after work
Friday after work
Saturday Morn
Saturday Afternoon
Saturday Evening
Sunday Morn
Sunday Afternoon (Bears game too)!

Give me your top 3 preferences.
I really dont care since I really want to make this happen I will work out my schedule with the majority.

Last edited:
•••
Saturday works best for me, friduays are out because of high school football. My son is playing his senior year, can't miss it. Any other day, I could make the afternoon or evening

Last edited:
•••
Living by Oak Lawn here!! Still got Chi-town zipcode though!!

•••
Rogue, I like the Saturday idea myself

Alistair, You have no excuse to make it out on any day or night since you are SOOO close. :)

Hello out there...

Speak Up!
I know we have more Chicagoans here than anywhere else in the world.

•••
I was going to head up to SoundBar on Ontario this Friday. If any domainers want to meet up, I can get us free entry, free VIP & free drink passes. Would be cool to hangout with fellow domainers.

I don't think we'll be able to discuss domains much or business plans, but would be a blast for those that would show up. Would be more like a meet & greet in a happening place. Could lead to bigger things, you never know. Glad to discuss drop catching, domain monetizing strategies as well.

Just tossing it out there. Let me know.

•••
Did you just use the F(ree) word with domainers?! Sounds like a blast, I'm just off Ohio and Wabash, I can make it.

•••
Hey guys -

Chicago domainer here as well. Would be interested in a meet up. We should plan something in the upcoming month or so.

•••
•••
I'd be interested if the date and time work for me (and I'm pretty flexible)

•••
•••
Figure I would revive this thread... Where specifically does everyone live around chicago? Maybe some of us are closer than we think.

I live in Bourbonnais, IL

•••
Would anyone be interested in meeting up by the Schaumburg area? Perhaps by Woodfield Mall? I would be glad to host a group of domainers if this sounds interesting. We can cover topics such as drop catching, parking, domain monetization and end user lead generation.

Dan

•••
Good to see this thread bumped after such so many months. Even though I live in the South side I'm in if a few other others join too!

•••
I live near Union Station and know of a few quiet spots we can reserve in the area. I've met alot of developers, blackhats, greyhats and whitehats in the Chicago area and the issue with getting them off their butt is not only is everyone is so spread out geographically, these groups aren't exactly know for being outwardly social.

It's hard to find a localized spot and no one wants to be away from their computer for too long. The best meetup I went to was at a bowling alley with lots of drinking and planned far in advance.

•••
Hey Everyone, I just pulled up this thread I created about 5-1/2 years ago.

Too bad we have never done anything yet, but it is never too late!

I am getting excited about NamesCon next week and first off, was wondering if anybody from Chicago was going to be there? We could meet there and hopefully that would start some Chi-town relationships and then it might be easier to start up something here soon.

Plus, I am sure there have been a LOT more Chicago Domain Investors who have joined here in the past 6 years.

Post here if you are from The Windy City!

Last edited:
•••
Hey Everyone, I just pulled up this thread I created about 5-1/2 years ago.

Too bad we have never done anything yet, but it is never too late!

I am getting excited about NamesCon next week and first off, was wondering if anybody from Chicago was going to be there? We could meet there and hopefully that would start some Chi-town relationships and then it might be easier to start up something here soon.

Plus, I am sure there have been a LOT more Chicago Domain Investors who have joined here in the past 6 years.

Post here if you are from The Windy City!

I am in the Chicago area.

•••
•••
Thx RH, and Alistair.
Any other NamePros Domainers/Developers based here in Chicago?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back