Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
-found a great available dot com
-checked the value on govalue,
-checked on estibot

after 2 hours domain are taken by someone through Sav com

who have had the same experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This will happen you must not wait now you know about front runners. Just do it with names almost as good as the names you have keep checking them.

Last edited:
•••
-checked on estibot

Not sure about GoValue, but I can tell you I trust Estibot with that. I believe they are a solid firm although appraisal value is subject to a large debate, but that's a different issue.

I used estibot in the past and never got frontrunned. I did however got that through a large registrar (won't name names, just be aware). Using own tools for that.

Takeaway: If a domain is free and you like it, for God's sake, GET IT NOW. Not a second later. I see this mistake been repeated over and over (especially by rookies). Lesson learned here (It happened to me in the past too when starting).

P.S. Sav is used heavily by some domain investors lately, I'm using it a little as well. There is a chance the domain was captured from a list if recently expired, or through a generator, and not necessarily frontrunning here.

Edit: The annoying thing is, you can't prove and/or know who has frontrunned you, but you can figure out the venue that did it. Again for me, a certain large registrar I won't ever use anymore since back then.

Last edited:
•••
I am kick myself for a long thinking

•••
-checked on estibot

2 hours?
don't cry

it's not a valuable domain

•••
•••
-checked on estibot

2 hours?
don't cry

it's not a valuable domain

here is your answer from @frank-germany

If it is a fresh drop and it is a good name, the chances are it will be gone soon (most even don't make there taken at auctions, closeouts, backorders and first eyeballs).

Now if it was something you came up yourself or dropped many days/months ago, then you might start worrying, especially if the experience repeats itself.

I personally never seek the valuation validation to know if the name is good.

•••
If i need to ask for an opinion and i cannot see multiple return at first glance then i am not suited to be buyer.

•••
I need Estibot for stats : monthly searches on Google. ad pricing
Govalue is for comparable sales

•••
I need Estibot for stats : monthly searches on Google. ad pricing
Govalue is for comparable sales
Once you have the experience mentioned there is little time for it but get cart ready. I no longer fill a cart just to let it sit.

Last edited:
•••
the domainer listed all of his names for $280 each

•••
the domainer listed all of his names for $280 each

Not sure what kind of domainer he is, but I suspect strong affiliation, possibly stakes in SAV, because that is the only way $280 would make sense at such a scale (drive traffic to another product).

So, if they buy 10000 names like this, spend $80K, sell 200-250 names at $280 for $56K to 70K, while getting about 500 000 visitors in a year, then they paid $10K to $24K for that many people or 2 cents to 5 cents, which is quite cheap, as normally more than half of it would be from the developed countries.

SAV is definitely disrupting the business model in a bad way. Another reason I am avoiding them at any cost. Normal investors need $xxxx prices for the business to be profitable.

•••
Not sure what kind of domainer he is, but I suspect strong affiliation, possibly stakes in SAV, because that is the only way $280 would make sense at such a scale (drive traffic to another product).

So, if they buy 10000 names like this, spend $80K, sell 200-250 names at $280 for $56K to 70K, while getting about 500 000 visitors in a year, then they paid $10K to $24K for that many people or 2 cents to 5 cents, which is quite cheap, as normally more than half of it would be from the developed countries.

SAV is definitely disrupting the business model in a bad way. Another reason I am avoiding them at any cost. Normal investors need $xxxx prices for the business to be profitable.

I have also observed things in the last months, that make me think the above is true. This is the confirmation I needed.

•••
-checked on estibot

Hi

IF and that's a BIG IF, you found a great domain.....
then why tf didn't you just register it?

why you got to got see the bots, before you pull the switch?

if somebody catch me checking a bot, before I snag..... please slap the :poop: out of me

imo….

•••
Hi

IF and that's a BIG IF, you found a great domain.....
then why tf didn't you just register it?

why you got to got see the bots, before you pull the switch?

if somebody catch me checking a bot, before I snag..... please slap the :poop: out of me

imo….
I make deep research before registering domains so that's why. and sometimes I am too long thinking because I don't have tons of cash)

•••
Guys u can't believe today I have another experience!

I did not checked Estibot and Govalue. !!!

but I go to Namebio for checking similar sales and what u think the domain is gone in the next 2-3 hours.! ☹️

it was dropped 25 days ago and was available for registration☝️

all of those services was created just for tracking your requests
:(

it was a really good domain belive me. icould share the name but do not want advertize it for some reasons. the domain is taken through godaddy Registrant State/Province: California
☹️

Last edited:
•••
I came up with a name called " Value Exchange dot com" and was available for registration on
ion 31-5-2020 for handreg, I checked it multiple times and then cut pasted it in notepad for this month registration list and was thinking of a development idea suitable for it, since my credit card got locked up I could not register, when I check now its on sale for 25K but to my surprise also shows an earlier registration date too. God knows what happens in this industry. (No match for domain VALUEEXCHAGE.COM , this is my original cut and paste from internic whois done on 31-5-2020 at 7PM). This year I also lost "LendShare dot com" and "DineFox dot com" I lost both at LCN falling for their discount domain registration and later the registrations got cancelled the next day of registering and money got refunded as the promo is not available to my region (which was not mentioend when I registered them) but in the process of 2 days of this activity someone tookaway the names too.

Last edited:
•••
I came up with a name called " Value Exchange dot com" and was available for registration on
ion 31-5-2020 for handreg, I checked it multiple times and then cut pasted it in notepad for this month registration list and was thinking of a development idea suitable for it, since my credit card got locked up I could not register, when I check now its on sale for 25K but to my surprise also shows an earlier registration date too. God knows what happens in this industry. (No match for domain VALUEEXCHAGE.COM , this is my original cut and paste from internic whois done on 31-5-2020 at 7PM). This year I also lost "LendShare dot com" and "DineFox dot com" I lost both at LCN falling for their discount domain registration and later the registrations got cancelled the next day of registering and money got refunded as the promo is not available to my region (which was not mentioend when I registered them) but in the process of 2 days of this activity someone tookaway the names too.

Get a better whois server to check the domains and watch for typos when you search.

VALUEEXCHAGE.COM is a typo, that's why it shows available. The correct spelling is long gone, obviously.

The other ones have also been registered for some time.

•••
By the way, I would recommend having some account credit at your registrar of choice. If you spot a somewhat good domain that'll make sure you don't run into payment delays which could make you loose the registration.

•••
I did not checked Estibot and Govalue. !!!

but I go to Namebio for checking similar sales

Hi

if you check for similar sales and there are none, then what?
will you change your mind and not register or buy it?

I think and truly believe...
that when you get to the point,
where you don't have to go check, check, checking anywhere, but with your own brain -
only then will you be free from the hustle.

imo...

•••
Hi

if you check for similar sales and there are none, then what?
will you change your mind and not register or buy it?

I think and truly believe...
that when you get to the point,
where you don't have to go check, check, checking anywhere, but with your own brain -
only then will you be free from the hustle.

imo...
sent the domain via pm :)

•••
I believe there are at least three tiers of Greater Fools extant in this "industry"

one group depends/leans on bot appraisals for buying, and another for selling

•••
I must be new, but what is sav com?

•••
•••
I must be new, but what is sav com?

SAV is Sport Activity Vehicle, according to BMW, who did not like the word Utility associated with their vehicles )

In domain industry, it is a weird registrar, that has not decided whether it is a registrar or a domain investor working with $280/domain model (while claiming that those names are listed by someone else, of course, under privacy), whether it wants the business of domain investors via cheap .com offers or wants to destroy their business model by $280/name listings.

•••
Back