Dynadot

Cheapest/fastest way to get a site up and running for 2 months use?

NameSilo
Watch
I need a simple 1 page site for some marketing use and only need it until around early to mid September.

I do not own the domain yet but it is available, what do you suggest I do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try ThemeForest.net. They have one page themes or Wordpress themes with landing pages. Might need to do a search though.

•••
I suggest you buy the domain first. It's a smaller investment than a theme. You snooze, you lose. Literally. I slept on dubstep dot club and now someone is selling it for $500.

Then, focus on design. Never in a reverse order (design and dev).

•••
•••
I would personally...

1. Get the domain
2. Get the design (themeforest as suggested, or a free good looking template)
3. Get shared hosting (pay per month)

I would never buy anything from anyone if they are using a marketing template on a free website! Its also a false economy to buy a domain name and a theme, only to use free hosting - especially with attributed credit on site.

Probably looking at around $50 all in - assuming the domain is available and not expensive to register.

•••
"I would never buy anything from anyone if they are using a marketing template on a free website! "

Seems like a LOT of assumptions implied by that statement.

There is a whole universe of niches where the level of knowledge is still in the stone age. I was working on a website for an automotive enthusiast group last week. The guy who says he wants to enter their upcoming events, meetings, etc. is a professional engineer. (PE). In the conversation he tells me he can never remember the domain name so he just puts the club name into Google and does a search.

•••
Use Godaddy managed wordpress-you pay a small fee for one year use(about the cost of a domain name).. Then use the free templates they offer or find a free one somewhere else and upload it to wordpress. You are good to go.

•••
Don't sacrifice security and quality. It is not ideal to jump into affordable web hosts in which in the long run can lead to many problems such as web site accessibility and, worst, shutting down of web site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back