IT.COM

advice Cheap and reliable Registrar for Domain Transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello there,

I want to transfer around 10 .com domains out of godaddy due to the high renewal fees.
So what is the cheap and reliable registrar to transfer my domains to it.

Looking forward to hear from you or if you know some coupons to be used.

Thank you very much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes they do
V2Zcc5g.jpg

Okay, i am going to try them.
Do you think that they are safe and reliable?

•••
•••
well for me and for many others yes they are reliable & good. But NameSilo has better Pricing.

•••
if they are .COM domains, why not transfer to a godaddy reseller that has .COM for $ 8.99 ?

you will benefit from fast transfers when you transfer OUT of the reseller, which will be important if you sell a domain.

not totally sure, but I think you can transfer out expired domains, too. (like at godaddy.com)

•••
if they are .COM domains, why not transfer to a godaddy reseller that has .COM for $ 8.99 ?

you will benefit from fast transfers when you transfer OUT of the reseller, which will be important if you sell a domain.

not totally sure, but I think you can transfer out expired domains, too. (like at godaddy.com)

Like what resellers? because i dealt with some of them and they were crap.

I just wonder why Godaddy has a high fee for .com renewals $15.17 while its at $8.5-$9 in other reliable registrars!

•••
•••
name.com $8.25
free whois privacy coupon : PRIVACYPLEASE

•••
Like what resellers? because i dealt with some of them and they were crap.

I just wonder why Godaddy has a high fee for .com renewals $15.17 while its at $8.5-$9 in other reliable registrars!

Last yr it was around $11. Many of the stuff has been changed in last 2 months @ Godaddy and one of them is limitations on coupons which helped us secure USD 0.99~USD2.99 .com registration and other thing is renewal prices which are sky rocketing at the moment (around $15 for .com and .net)

•••
Last yr it was around $11. Many of the stuff has been changed in last 2 months @ Godaddy and one of them is limitations on coupons which helped us secure USD 0.99~USD2.99 .com registration and other thing is renewal prices which are sky rocketing at the moment (around $15 for .com and .net)

Yes, but i still i wonder why they have high renewal fees than other reputable registrars! what makes them better to ask for close to double of the regular rate?

•••
Maybe @Joe Styler can answer this better. I have same concern; why would you charge so high for renewals. They would end up losing too many domainairs with tons on domains. End User with 2~3 domains wont mind much.

•••
Most Domainers do not pay the advertised rate because there are many ways to pay a lower price. You can renew in bulk. Right now if you renew more than 20 names at a time it is 9.99 per .com if you renew more than 50 at one time it is 8.99 a .com and more than 100 names at once is 8.29 a .com. https://in.godaddy.com/bulk-domain-search.aspx?ci=8236
We also offer cheaper pricing through the discount domain club. This offers a lot more than just discounted domains, it also gives you a free auctions membership and cash parking premium (80% rev share), discounted gtlds, and discounted Domain Buy Service claims (we broker a domain purchase for you). It is currently $120 a year. Premium cash parking alone is $129 a year and that is thrown in free. Com renewal prices with that are 8.29, net is 7.99, new tlds are at least 40% off etc. So if you have about 18 or more domains (depending on tlds of course) you can save alot of money. You can also buy it for one year and renew for multiple years at the lower price. Right now we have a coupon for new users for 50% off so it would be $60 for your first year which would break you even at less that 10 domains.
Last but not least, many domainers have an account representative. We are having another google hangout at the end of the money that is focused on what being a part of Premier Services offers you and how you can qualify. If you have more than 250 domains and are spending in the neighborhood of $5,000 USD a year you can qualify. If you are close to that or say spend $10k and have 50 domains etc reach out to me on pm and we will look over the account. One of the benefits of premier services is offering better pricing to our top customers on renewals and privacy. This is open to anyone who meets the requirements and you can find out a lot more by watching the hangout this month either live or on youtube. I will post a link to it under the news section later this month.
If you are interested in the domain discount club and want to try it out with a special forum discount for the first year let me know as well through pm. I will give you the code if you use it only for personal use, if you share it on a blog or email chain etc it will be cancelled and you'll ruin it for everyone else so please use it only on your personal account without sharing so others can take advantage of it as well.
If you are interested in learning more about it, we did a hangout covering it, the first ten minutes go over all the benefits, http://no_url_shorteners/newgs
Also one of the biggest benefits of registering/renewing with Godaddy is the sales network you are a part of. We have a giant sales network you should be listing your domains on. Taking advantage of our sales network to list your names for sale should result in more sales which would more than cover any renewal cost differences. Of course, this varies, if you have a poor portfolio then it will be hard to sell names. But on all these things I am here to help. We did a hangout on listing names the best way to generate sales and also an article on buying names for profit. I have another one coming out on finding good names in the Aftermarket in general with more specifics coming in November on another hangout where I will walk people through finding names they can resell.

•••
Thank you very much for your reply @Joe Styler . Well all the points and ways to get discounted price are true. But I guess you still need to reduce the renewal price for end users. $15 is well too much. Maybe $11 ? not everyone is ready to get dcc. And other registrars without any discount program provides renewals around $9~$11. So ye i guess you need to change that. But then its just me and you know better how business work with all the stats(registeration, renewals, transfer, dcc counts) you have.

•••
InternetBS

very cool registrar

.com registration $8.99

•••
Thank you very much for your reply @Joe Styler . Well all the points and ways to get discounted price are true. But I guess you still need to reduce the renewal price for end users. $15 is well too much. Maybe $11 ? not everyone is ready to get dcc. And other registrars without any discount program provides renewals around $9~$11. So ye i guess you need to change that. But then its just me and you know better how business work with all the stats(registeration, renewals, transfer, dcc counts) you have.
I understand that but renewing in bulk drops the price down to 9.99 for 20+ names and premier services is an option for anyone with a large domain portfolio which also offers a discount.

•••
•••
Namesilo. I havr many domains there and I like the simplicity of their control panel. They are. I am thinking many domains to them.

•••
Not tried myself but I think you'll get a free year added to your domain at Namesilo. Sounds good if thats the case.

You have to pay the transfer fee which is almost equal to registration fee and you get one yr extension free free free

•••
•••
This website is quite useful to compare transfer prices (as well as registration and renewal ones):
http://tld-list.com/

Disclaimer: I'm not connected to the site

•••
@Joe Styler

This is kinda off topic, but not even so much, because the convenience of a registrar has to be evaluated not only looking to the prices, but also to all the tools and opportunities it offer you.

Having said that, and also after a sincere "thank you" for your reply on this forum, I'd like to ask you why you landed in force in Europe recently, where the majority of Europeans you know perfectly do not speak English as their native language, and do not want them using your auction platform, which is the best asset you have? What is the real reason? You hired many native speakers, you translated perfectly even commas and periods of your websites, but actually you do not want domains other than English domains on your auction platform. How can an European webmaster looking for good domains in his own language that he could develop, just to make an example?

You said:
"Also one of the biggest benefits of registering/renewing with Godaddy is the sales network you are a part of. We have a giant sales network you should be listing your domains on. Taking advantage of our sales network to list your names for sale should result in more sales which would more than cover any renewal cost differences.

but that is a perfect nonsense for most of Europeans, if you don't permit them searching domains by language.

This is really a contradiction that jares, that clashes...

Last edited:
•••
Hello there,

I want to transfer around 10 .com domains out of godaddy due to the high renewal fees.
So what is the cheap and reliable registrar to transfer my domains to it.

Looking forward to hear from you or if you know some coupons to be used.

Thank you very much.

https://uniregistry.com/transfers

•••
Most Domainers do not pay the advertised rate because there are many ways to pay a lower price. You can renew in bulk. Right now if you renew more than 20 names at a time it is 9.99 per .com if you renew more than 50 at one time it is 8.99 a .com and more than 100 names at once is 8.29 a .com. https://in.godaddy.com/bulk-domain-search.aspx?ci=8236
We also offer cheaper pricing through the discount domain club. This offers a lot more than just discounted domains, it also gives you a free auctions membership and cash parking premium (80% rev share), discounted gtlds, and discounted Domain Buy Service claims (we broker a domain purchase for you). It is currently $120 a year. Premium cash parking alone is $129 a year and that is thrown in free. Com renewal prices with that are 8.29, net is 7.99, new tlds are at least 40% off etc. So if you have about 18 or more domains (depending on tlds of course) you can save alot of money. You can also buy it for one year and renew for multiple years at the lower price. Right now we have a coupon for new users for 50% off so it would be $60 for your first year which would break you even at less that 10 domains.
Last but not least, many domainers have an account representative. We are having another google hangout at the end of the money that is focused on what being a part of Premier Services offers you and how you can qualify. If you have more than 250 domains and are spending in the neighborhood of $5,000 USD a year you can qualify. If you are close to that or say spend $10k and have 50 domains etc reach out to me on pm and we will look over the account. One of the benefits of premier services is offering better pricing to our top customers on renewals and privacy. This is open to anyone who meets the requirements and you can find out a lot more by watching the hangout this month either live or on youtube. I will post a link to it under the news section later this month.
If you are interested in the domain discount club and want to try it out with a special forum discount for the first year let me know as well through pm. I will give you the code if you use it only for personal use, if you share it on a blog or email chain etc it will be cancelled and you'll ruin it for everyone else so please use it only on your personal account without sharing so others can take advantage of it as well.
If you are interested in learning more about it, we did a hangout covering it, the first ten minutes go over all the benefits, http://no_url_shorteners/newgs
Also one of the biggest benefits of registering/renewing with Godaddy is the sales network you are a part of. We have a giant sales network you should be listing your domains on. Taking advantage of our sales network to list your names for sale should result in more sales which would more than cover any renewal cost differences. Of course, this varies, if you have a poor portfolio then it will be hard to sell names. But on all these things I am here to help. We did a hangout on listing names the best way to generate sales and also an article on buying names for profit. I have another one coming out on finding good names in the Aftermarket in general with more specifics coming in November on another hangout where I will walk people through finding names they can resell.

@Joe Styler Can you kindly send me the code for the first year membership discount @ $60?
and regarding to the auctions membership, i have that membership already so will you deduct the auctions membership fee $4.99 from the first year of $60? so that the total price becomes $55.01.

Thank you.

•••
i have that membership already so will you deduct the auctions membership fee $4.99 from the first year of $60? so that the total price becomes $55.01.
I dont think that can be done, as it is free with ddc.

•••
DomainMonster.com (an Enom Branch/Spin off)

* $8.49 .com
* Free Privacy Forever
* 10% Discount on Bulk renewal of 10 or more.
* Huge Inventory of Extensions.
* Easy Domain Mgmt. Interface with Instant Propagation.

No Coupons, No Membership, No Gimmicks...

•••
DomainMonster.com (an Enom Branch/Spin off)
well it has no bulk action thing, so making changes to 100 domains at once would require you to 2 hrs atleast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back