IT.COM

sales Chat.com Acquired By Dharmesh (CEO of Hubspot - Connect.com)

NameSilo
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If chatgpt moved to chat. All the gpt domains will be a waste of time and money :xf.cry:

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Like Meta and Metaverse, there was so much fanfare and now, no one is asking about them. Millions of Dollars wasted on much hyped Mera and Metaverse domain names.

•••
chat is great! great deal!
i think Microsoft should purchase Copilots.com (coz copilot.com been built)

•••
•••
I not want to disappoint anyone but all this hype will fade after my big release, even Google, Facebook, Tesla, Ford and others will want to rebrand, Rick there is still time you can reply me on Tweeter, not forget to unblock me first! :ROFL:
Already got 5 fig offers without the big release and I imagine what will happen after that.

•••
Last edited:
•••
OpenAI bought AI.com, perhaps they'll be super interested in Chat.com as well.
They have the fund, so perhaps they are already talking behind the scenes :unsure:

Google may be super interested too.
Seriously, who'll remember "Bard", if your competitor has both "AI" & "Chat"!

Dharmesh's Linkedin post have some clear hints of possible humongous sale as well.
I mean, who talks about large donations if there's already not a huge possibility of big profit!

1680113786253.png

•••
•••
If chatgpt moved to chat. All the gpt domains will be a waste of time and money :xf.cry:

ChatGPT is not the original OpenAI link anyway.

Although it's popularly known as ChatGPT, the URL is: chat.openai.com
AI.com also redirects to chat.openai.com.

To guess whether or not GPT domain name hype will go away, we should first examine where the term GPT comes from.

To the best of my knowledge, GPT, which is the abbreviation of Generative pre-Trained Transformer, is a Transformer based deep learning AI language model. Transformer is another term, which was first introduced by the researchers of Google Brain in 2017. OpenAI's version of Transformer based language model is called GPT.

So basically GPT domain name hype is not based on the URL (domain name) of OpenAI's AI product, rather the hype is connected to what the underlying technology is called.

Which means, even if OpenAI fully migrates to AI.com or Chat.com, GPT name hype will still remain for a while, until a different and better language model is introduced with a different term, either by OpenAI or others.

Having said all that, I personally didn't invest in any GPT prefix/suffix domain names. Some people are making money with these, but my understanding is, these sort of hypes are usually short lived.

So, unless OpenAI keeps updating GPT-N perpetually and ultimately reaches to what is commonly known as AGI Singularity with GPT technology, GPT hype will probably fade away. 😎

On the other hand, if (and it's a huge if) OpenAI can achieve AGI Singularity with GPT technology alone, then the term GPT will become immortal. 🥶

However, with any possible AGI Singularity, the entire economy will fall apart. No one will have any jobs anymore and all of us will be at the mercy of OpenAI, Microsoft and our new AI overlord. So at that point, domain names will probably not mean much anymore anyway. :xf.wink:

Hope this clarifies the confusion somewhat. Or did I just make everything more confusing? 🤓

Anyways, happy domaining 🌹
Fayaz.

Last edited:
•••
Same here no reg's of GPT domains, I have reg other words+chat in com and a couple of .chat domains.

•••
Darmesh talks about this domain purchase, and other others (prompt.com) on this video.

•••
gpt has a short shelf life maybe a year or 2. Ai and chat will last for years. Chat com probably went for 35-41 million.

•••
Chat com probably went for 35-41 million.
Andrew Miller sold Home dot com, whilst that sale wasn't disclosed, going from memory of a past interview with Andrew Miller, i believe (might be mistaken) he said it would have surpassed Voice dot com if disclosed.

So if Home dot com surpassed $30 million and Andrew Miller said Chat dot com is the biggest deal he's been involved in, got it be looking at $40m+

Be interesting when the price does get revealed (seems Darmesh is open to making it public some stage), we may also get an idea what Home dot com sold for.

Last edited:
•••
Andrew Miller sold Home dot com, whilst that sale wasn't disclosed, going from memory of a past interview with Andrew Miller, i believe (might be mistaken) he said it would have surpassed Voice dot com if disclosed.

So if Home dot com surpassed $30 million and Andrew Miller said Chat dot com is the biggest deal he's been involved in, got it be looking at $40m+

Be interesting when the price does get revealed (seems Darmesh is open to making it public some stage), we may also get an idea what Home dot com sold for.
I'd love to learn more about this, is the information about home.com being higher than voice.com on YouTube?

•••
Back