Dynadot

Celebrity .hu domain + Content - Legality Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hy NamePros members,

Last week I registered a (famous)(star).hu domain and I would like to develop it to a non-official fan site. It is legal? May I have to hand over the domain in the future? I read some post before, but I didn`t got a precise answer for this. Another question is about the content of my site. If I download some pics from other fan site and I mention the site name can I publish it on my site or not?*(and what is going on if that site owner had ripped the pictures and put his site name on it?) And if I translate news from other fan site then I have to mention the source ? Thank you guys and have a nice day.

MYnameke :hi:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't know whether it is a TM issue, that you use the celebrity name in your domain.
Regarding the articles you will copy from other fan sites, as far as I know you have to look at their copyright. there are some sites that don't let you copy anything, even if you mention the source and others, that are more permissive, and you can copy the content even without their written permission, or without mentioning the source.
Do a research on every fan site.
Good luck,

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back