Dynadot

discuss .CC can be an Abbreviation form of CryptoCurrency.

NameSilo
Watch
We all knew that .io domains selling really well in the past few months.

I/O stands for input/ output, it's a term of communication process between computer hardwares. It had nothing to do with CryptoCurrency.

However, industry players and registry make a great effort to promote .io bind to something high-tech & computer related. Somehow all of the sudden people start to believe .io had a strong connection with cryptocurrency & blockchain and therefore the price go up like a rocket..

It's a fascinating example of how a successful marketing make such a big different.

IMO, I believed .CC can be an Abbreviation form of CryptoCurrency and it will be the next honeypot:xf.grin:

Let's reg some .cc domains before it's too late!:xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chinese like to use it. It didn’t mean anything. Just looks cute and easy to type.

•••
Chinese like to use it. It didn’t mean anything. Just looks cute and easy to type.

Let's take a look at the history of .io

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.io

The .io domain extension was in fact existed since 1997.It's not a new extension.
The first domain 'levi.io' was registered in 1998:xf.grin:.

It's all about marketing. They re-brand .io stands for I/O in computer niche and great for crypto currency business.

Last edited:
•••
some time ago, I got " Cryptonomy " in cc

Not sure cc will be used for CryptoCurrency..

would be interesting to follow this thing though..

thanks

•••
Cc vs xyz which is better at the moment?

•••
•••
none will make you good money. imo

but since premium xyz keywords have crazy renewals, then you're better off investing in cc..

•••
none will make you good money. imo

but since premium xyz keywords have crazy renewals, then you're better off investing in cc..

.cc is the best in term of Renewal fee. (Dynadot)

.CC $9.99
.IO $39.99
.XYZ $12.99

•••
That's right.

Let's say you own shop.cc , you'll still renew it at the regular $9.99

At Godaddy,

Shop.xyz is for sale by the registry at $12,999

Renewal: $12,999 also. thats outrageous. thats insane.

again though, both are weak extensions. imo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back