Dynadot

new gTLD CBD.World sold $20K

NameSilo
Watch

private123

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
3 time sold -
$420 (brands open bought)
$5K
$20K

•••
wow, what a sale. Great to know the change of hands in a short time.

•••
•••
•••
So since June 2019
$1.85 (bought by Grego85)
$5K (bought by BQDN)
$20K - end user?

•••
I should of been the person to buy it from grego85 for $3 and resell for 20K. Too bad LOL :)

•••
Great example on risk vs reward in domaining. Each party earned a decent ROI on that name, especially when taking the holding time into account.

Edit: My $420 purchase also included 8-9 other names, including CBD / Network (bought also by BQDN under NDA). Sold several other names in that bundle purchase as well. And I still have some nice names left.

Last edited:
•••
Wow congratulations to the sellers all along the chain. As others have said, taken as ratio of selling to purchase everyone did OK. As nice as the word is, I am surprised it fetched $20,000. It makes it almost a factor of 2 higher than the previous high in that extension, Good(.world) sold in May for $10,500.

I do like .world as working well for store names, reference sites, etc.

Bob

PS According to Dofo CBD is registered in 489 extensions and for sale in 112. Must be one of the most registered terms.

PPS Not sure if it was mentioned, but it is redirecting to Haze Organics, a UK based store.

Last edited:
•••
So since June 2019
$5K (bought by BQDN)
$20K - end user?
I personally think this is really too fast pace of resale - why just not to extend such great name for few years ahead (this one has standard renewal only, you can keep it very easily), and wait a bit ? :)

•••
I personally think this is really too fast pace of resale - why just not to extend such great name for few years ahead (this one has standard renewal only, you can keep it very easily), and wait a bit ? :)
While I see your reasoning, especially with low renewal, given that it is highest sale in extension and at some point the CBD market will mature and rate of new businesses needing domains level off, I think it was wise to accept this. Although I know nothing really re CBD market, and it is a nice domain!
Bob

•••
Not to rain on everyone’s parade..

CBD.biz sold for 90k September 2018, by mCig, a public company, bottom of page-17 latest quarter.

CBD is like the one word outlier?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Where did you find the .biz sale? Not in NameBio and not a comparator listed on GoValue. Thanks.

I like finance so I invest in stocks.
Doing my due diligence on stock named mCig and reading their latest financial reports, in the link you quoted me (i hyperlinked) you’ll find this info bottom of page-17. i never use Namebio. These things really take effort to dig and find, found accident, thinking investing in mCIG. look at how much mcig stock is; you’ll understand, why, i read the entire doc...lol!

https://www.mciggroup.com/wp-content/uploads/wpmc_sec_filings/957/957.pdf

Last edited:
•••
Where did you find the .biz sale? Not in NameBio and not a comparator listed on GoValue. Thanks.
NameBio should dissolve the operation. Many reported sales there are false...

•••

Last thing Bob and everyone!

“mCIG group” is their domain.
Please enter mcig(com) into the url see best DN sale page of my life lol. Cant afford to buy mcig domain...

Last edited:
•••
I like finance so I invest in stocks.
Doing my due diligence on stock named mCig and reading their latest financial reports, in the link you quoted me (i hyperlinked) you’ll find this info bottom of page-17. i never use Namebio. These things really take effort to dig and find, found accidentally, thinking of investing mCIG. Look how much mcig’s trading, youll understand why read the entire doc...lol

https://www.mciggroup.com/wp-content/uploads/wpmc_sec_filings/957/957.pdf

Thanks, also interesting @bmugford used to own this name.

•••
So since June 2019
$5K (bought by BQDN)
$20K - end user?

Yep!

Between NP and LinkedIn I watched it get passed up all the way to the , “Touchdown “!!! Lol

In the reg thread I even commented that the $1.85 reg was a MasterStroke score !!!

I would have bought at resell at the time if could of but I was tied up on to many other endeavors !

Props and congrats to all that made there sales and profits on this name!

Wild to see it go through that many hands and now if you visit it it forwards to the Endusers site !

Great name !

•••
This also looks like it might not have been an arms length transaction on CBD.biz

The Company entered into a secured convertible promissory note with Redfern. The note is due on September 14, 2019. Should Redfern default the Company may convert the secured promissory note into 40 million common shares of the Redfern representing approximately 75% of the business. Should the Company not elect to convert in the event of nonpayment by Redfern, the Company may take possession of the domain www.cbd.biz and its business operations.

This might not have been an arms length transaction, you can check out CorporationWiki.com

•••
Yep!

Between NP and LinkedIn I watched it get passed up all the way to the , “Touchdown “!!! Lol

In the reg thread I even commented that the $1.85 reg was a MasterStroke score !!!

I would have bought at resell at the time if could of but I was tied up on to many other endeavors !

Wild to see it go through that many hands and now if you visit it it forwards to the Endusers site !

Great name !
I think we need to take into account BQDN is not a passive type seller, he probably sought out the right end users, and closed the sale as he has good experience with high value domains. The letters CBD sure didn't hurt his cause. I think if it was passive, siting on a parking page, it would still be sitting there today.

•••
Yep!

Great name !
Was watching the name as well. I think Namepros is actually still very good venue to get some new gTLD bargains for good price, as still many members can not see/understand the potential of those domains. Would wonder how much it would sold for in case it would be put in auction here .. probably not more then 100 USD :)

•••
Ok, this is a weird scenario.

It looks like CBD.World forwards to haze organics.

Not to long ago, I sold JamesBooth.com, but JamesBooth.com forwards to the same site? Does he own, or co-own this company which looks like it is UK based, where he hails from?

HazeOrganics.com is owned by him also.

I do like the site, and the brand of this Haze.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, this is a weird scenario.

It looks like CBD.World forwards to haze organics.

Not to long ago, I sold JamesBooth.com, but JamesBooth.com forwards to the same site? Does he own, or co-own this company which looks like it is UK based, where he hails from?

I do like the site, and the brand of this Haze.
I’d say take this reported sale with a grain of salt. Could the seller be the buyer?...

•••
Back