Dynadot

.tv CAUTION: Toby Clements

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Holy Smoke!!

I had submitted a .tv domain with him, recently.

•••
Hopefully the issue is merely personal - pressing family or health issue that had to take priority. I have listed with their service a few times but wasn't pleased with the level of marketing effort relative to the commission they wanted so I stopped listing.

•••
Usually, I am one to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Toby is closely tied to Latona and we knew where that went. This doesn't look good. As usual, domainer blogs and industry folks hold these people as gods without doing proper diligence. Just amazing.

A

•••
Thank you Ammar for having the Dot TV community’s best interests in mind. You are a stand up guy – especially since you are magnanimous enough to give other people the ‘benefit of the doubt.’
TJ

•••
Apparently, Toby had the same type of incident in 2012 and it got pushed under the rug. I see a lot of talk on domainer blogs about startups and other motives which really is not the highest and best use of helping new entrants into the industry. Another blog that consistently pushes gTLDs did not approve my comment when I suggested that he was confusing the public and wavering in opinion. At the end of the day, people need to do more research on what bloggers' and large domainer's motivations are.

I have seen cover stories on Rick Latona and host of other domainers that supposedly are the best thing since sliced bread and when you dig deeper you see unethical practices and preying on others.

Not cool.

A

•••
Maybe I am old fashion but I would hate to have a blog and name a person, show a picture of them and have a heading about wire fraud and then site two domain forum threads as sources.

But I understand domainer concerns. We got to get paid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back