Dynadot

question Car manufacturer domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandAptly.com

Established Member
Impact
Will registering a domain variant of a brand of car be considered domain squatting? For example will owning audicarclub.com qualify as a copyright infringement? I purchased audifairfax.com and fairfaxaudi.com yesterday and I was wondering whether to keep them or let them go. I have it on good authority that there will be an audi dealership opening in Fairfax soon.

Your thoughts...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes. Get your money back, there's a grace period.

•••
don't take such a risk. It's not worth it.

•••
upload_2019-12-4_14-7-24.png

•••
Audicarclub.com would have been better than audifairfax.com.

One can be fair use as a Audi fan club the other? No other purpose by flagrant cybersquatting.

There many car club forums that use the brand of their favorite car and those brands are ok it.

Audifairfax has no other use but for that dealership.

You left them no other choice. What do you think they will do next?

•••
Thank you kind folks for the candid feedback. Looks like I was about to hang myself. I almost registered 75 of them. Good thing I verified first. :xf.grin:

•••
I almost registered 75 of them.

That is a huge mistake with any names/niches. Buy 1-5 names and try and sell them, that reduces your renewal cost so the money you make from sales is all profit. If you bought 75 names and then 6 months later sold one for $750, you have made $0 profit after your $750 renewal costs.

•••
Oddly enough, there are a ton of 'audi' domains listed for sale on SEDO. They range from audifrance.com to audiq3.com. :xf.confused: Are these guys just plain ballsy or do they know something I don't know?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back