IT.COM

Can't pay domains on GoDaddy Close Out by PayPal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,
I can't pay domains that i won on GoDaddy Close Out by my Paypal acccount.
I have to pay via Credit Card.
Is it a bug?
It has happened for weeks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy is worst and cheaters. They declined my domain purchase and even after more then 67 days passed by they still not refund the amount. They manipulate so much and their customer care executives are also not helpful.

•••
George, try this.

When you check out, it shows your credit accounts (and logos). Ignore those, but above it will show "Edit". Click on that, and it should give you the PayPal option for payment method.

•••
When you check out, it shows your credit accounts (and logos). Ignore those, but above it will show "Edit". Click on that, and it should give you the PayPal option for payment method.
Did it, but can't process. There was only "Cancel" once i choose other method. :"(

•••
@Joe Styler Please look into this issue. I've been having the same problem for the past week and have been contacting GD support almost daily regarding this issue - not being able pay by Paypal at checkout. I’ve even sent them a recording of screen showing how it looks when I checkout and try to pay by Paypal. After I authorize Paypal and the Paypal popup window closes, the checkout page does nothing, it doesn’t go to the final step to complete payment, it doesn't add the authorized paypal profile, nor does it give me a button to click on to go to the final step. I have a ticket regarding the issue that was forwarded to the advanced tech support, but they emailed me saying that it's because the country is different for my Godaddy profile and Paypal profile, however, that is absolutely not the case. My address is the same on my Godaddy and Paypal account.

This has been going on for the past week and it's very frustrating. I've tried checking out in incognito mode, in various browsers, on my phone, on different computers, clearing all data in my browser, and nothing has resolved the issue. Looks like other people are having the same problem, so it should be a bug that’s causing this.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler Please look into this issue. I've been having the same problem for the past week and have been contacting GD support almost daily regarding this issue - not being able pay by Paypal at checkout. I’ve even sent them a recording of screen showing how it looks when I checkout and try to pay by Paypal. After I authorize Paypal and the Paypal popup window closes, the checkout page does nothing, it doesn’t go to the final step to complete payment, it doesn't add the authorized paypal profile, nor does it give me a button to click on to go to the final step. I have a ticket regarding the issue that was forwarded to the advanced tech support, but they emailed me saying that it's because the country is different for my Godaddy profile and Paypal profile, however, that is absolutely not the case. My address is the same on my Godaddy and Paypal account.

This has been going on for the past week and it's very frustrating. I've tried checking out in incognito mode, in various browsers, on my phone, on different computers, clearing all data in my browser, and nothing has resolved the issue. Looks like other people are having the same problem, so it should be a bug that’s causing this.
The same with me.

•••
Looks like this has been fixed today, hopefully it will continue working

•••
It appears to have affected those outside US?

Anyway, glad that is resolved (fingers crossed).

For awhile I had a bug, Godaddy kept changing me to US en Español.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back