Dynadot

Can't do anything with SnapNames domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
After over an hour and four separate phone calls to Network Solutions I finally found out that it is impossible to currently transfer domains registered at Network Solutions that were won at SnapNames. This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of months now with this one domain I have been trying to transfer to GoDaddy. Even worse I don't have access to the domain because for some reason Network Solutions put the domain inside a separate account that they created for me, which they cannot give me access to. Even pushing SnapNames won domains to another Network Solutions account is not an option. Just FYI. And curious if anyone else is going through this.

"Currently all names won at SnapNames cannot be transferred or pushed to any other accounts," states the NS rep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I don't think your situation is an accident, nor is it an isolated incident.

A lot of weird crap going on with Snapnames/NetSol/Register.com/Web.com + another dubious company in which domains, both expired and not expired, are stolen from registrants and warehoused in this shell company.

They are all related, given that Web.com owns all of them.

I'll be writing a post on my website soon; I am currently doing some research, to get my ducks in a row.

Meanwhile, I have set up a simple site dedicated to this situation.

Details coming soon.

We need to blow these a$$hats out of the water.

•••
NS and NamesBeyond = garbage, too bad snapnames now throws everything to NS

•••
I just went through the same thing. NS reps were not able to help at all. Somehow, their system showed a later creation date for the domains and they weren't able to generate auth codes.

After being fed up with NS, I called SnapNames and after a 5 minute chat with one of their reps, they contacted somebody in NS that was able to help. I had auth codes in my email 2 days later.

So try calling SnapNames support and they should be able to help you.

•••
After being fed up with NS, I called SnapNames and after a 5 minute chat with one of their reps, they contacted somebody in NS that was able to help. I had auth codes in my email 2 days later.
To me that is nothing short of a miracle. In my experience, their pat answer has always been along the lines of "it's no longer our problem, it's a registrar problem."

Good going. What a cluster.

•••
This certainly has also something to do with "The new Moniker".
(look for this thread....and you'll undertand more.

•••
Rader's post is not true on the face of it. I have transferred over 90% of my domains won at SnapNames auction this year, successfully yesterday, approx 40 domains in total, which were originally at the old Moniker and new Moniker dumped on NetSol, as well as domains won after the transition which went straight to NetSol. The only domains which didn't transfer were those still under a 60 new registration lock. Once they reached the 60 day limited, these transfers are being approved automatically for the remaining domains. I had to threaten an ICANN complaint before they emailed me the Auth Codes.

I was not in the position of Rader, of not having access to the domains. They were in my account. But not without a few difficulties, ie, I was unable to successfully change the nameservers, I had to merge several accounts, had to request auth codes, get blank auth codes, more than 2 dozen useless support tickets, etc etc. Once all the ducks were lined up, I threatened them with the ICANN complaint, and miraculously I received an email the next day with all the auth codes.

To Rader: I would concentrate on getting access to your domains in your "other" account by merging your two accounts. But of course you will need the password for the other account. So concentrate on getting the password first.

Last edited:
•••
Rader's post is not true on the face of it. I have transferred over 90% of my domains won at SnapNames auction this year, successfully yesterday, approx 40 domains in total, which were originally at the old Moniker and new Moniker dumped on NetSol, as well as domains won after the transition which went straight to NetSol. The only domains which didn't transfer were those still under a 60 new registration lock. Once they reached the 60 day limited, these transfers are being approved automatically for the remaining domains. I had to threaten an ICANN complaint before they emailed me the Auth Codes.

I was not in the position of Rader, of not having access to the domains. They were in my account. But not without a few difficulties, ie, I was unable to successfully change the nameservers, I had to merge several accounts, had to request auth codes, get blank auth codes, more than 2 dozen useless support tickets, etc etc. Once all the ducks were lined up, I threatened them with the ICANN complaint, and miraculously I received an email the next day with all the auth codes.

To Rader: I would concentrate on getting access to your domains in your "other" account by merging your two accounts. But of course you will need the password for the other account. So concentrate on getting the password first.

Not sure why you're saying it's not true. Did I make up something that you read in my post? That all happened to me and is still happening. As for merging the accounts, I can't. I've already requested this and they said they couldn't right now. I don't have access to it because I don't have a username or password for it. They look it up each time I call by the domain name and see that it is in my name.

•••
It's not true, because, as I said, I've transferred the majority of my domains. It's true for you with your special circumstances. But what you claim, is flat out not true. I was only trying to help you and others with your post. I wasn't trying to get into an argument with you.

I don't really understand secret accounts at NetSol where they won't tell you your account number and password. I've always known at least what my account number was so I could do a password reset. What I have found with NetSol is you pretty much cannot ask their support to do anything for you. They pretty much make you use their crappy control panel.

What I would do in your case is to open a ticket, explain that a support staff have told you that you have a secret account which they refuse to give you the username and password for. Mention all the domains. Tell them to transfer them to your account which you control. And tell them you are sick and tired of all their BS, and you are going to make a complaint to ICANN, if they don't push your domains into your active account. Actually at NetSol it's technically a pull. Have you tried pulling the domains into your account. Of course it requires manual intervention by the account holder where the domains reside. Have you tried that? If yes, that's another reason to complain to ICANN. They refuse to honor your pull to your account, after acknowledging these are your domains,

Last edited:
•••
You seem to be arguing semantics here Stub and I don't see the point of it. Especially considering the volume of posts of yours on multiple other threads bemoaning the fact that NS and Moniker have essentially been making your life miserable.

•••
You seem to be arguing semantics here Stub and I don't see the point of it. Especially considering the volume of posts of yours on multiple other threads bemoaning the fact that NS and Moniker have essentially been making your life miserable.

It's not really semantics, it's accuracy of complaint.

"impossible to currently transfer domains registered at Network Solutions that were won at SnapNames."

This is clearly not true no matter how much it feels like the case for Rader. I sympathise with his situation and suggest he email them with ICANN complaint for not providing him auth codes in reasonable time. But it is still simply inaccurate to say it's impossible and hopefully he will prove this by getting his name out of there.

•••
I have a few sales to end users pending on escrow just because network solutions internal transfer/push system doesn't work for any of snapnames expired domains won. I told them about this with no luck. Thankfully the end users decided to wait the 60 days.

•••
They have been making my life terribly miserable, it's true. But I'm now seeing the light at the end of that miserable tunnel :) What I objected to was Rader stating categorically that you cannot transfer domains won at SnapNames, and quotes NetSol Support for his claims. He doesn't state that that the reason for not being able to transfer them is only because he doesn't have access to them. Which is a can of worms. People can transfer domains won at SnapNames out of NetSol. I'm living proof that it can be done. Only 3 domains left. 2 of which automatic transfers will begin in the next 2 days. The last one will require a new transfer request in Mid-July.

That will be me done with NetSol. NetSol are also robbing b*st*rds, just like every other Web.com company. That statement is not just this Moniker/SnapNames change of ownership that I will never use them again. Any straight-up dealing directly with NetSol and they will cheat you not only on the agreed registration price, but will start a recurring payment in your PayPal Account.

They straight out cheated me of <$50. They suggest the only way they can resolve this is for me to call them. Yeah, right. In this internet age you don't need an international phone call to get an obvious refund. Only at Neanderthal Network Solutions. Where you spend more than $50 on phonecalls just getting the run-around, and none of the "solutions" as implied by their domain name, result in a refund. Then you've just doubled-down on your losses.

Another example of their incompetence. To get my auth codes I had to send a fax to a number where the phone rings off the hook. No fax machine there. It took me three awkward 20 minute trips to the nearest fax machine before I opened another support ticket, and they send me an email address. Why not just put the email address in addition to the non-working fax machine telephone number. The reason? Because these are not people who are being openly honest with you about your interaction with them. This still has not been fixed, despite my recommendation in a support ticket. So everyone who has to send a fax can't, and has to send another support ticket. It's no wonder they have support tickets averaging over 300k/day.

Hence no more SnapNames Pending Delete auctions for me, since when they capture a domain it goes to your NetSol account, but because it's a NetSol Reseller who captured the domain, some of the functions in the Control Panel will not work, 1)Changing the DNS, 2)Requesting an Auth Code gets you a blank code, to name just two. That's in addition to having to use their awful control panel and their more awful support services.

Please forgive the long reply. We had a brown-out here at home. So I couldn't post this message, and had a lot of time looking at this post. Plenty of time to get rid of most of my remaining anger at NetSol/Moniker/SnapNames :) Actually, all my problems with the new Moniker all got resolved when they dumped all my old Moniker domains to NetSol :) Maybe I was the lucky one?

Last edited:
•••
After 15 years I'm starting to be fed up with the domain world.

•••
I'm so tired of NS. I don't know why anyone would use them voluntarily. I have more or less stopped backordering because of this joke of a company.

•••
Well I've almost got all my domains out. And I've already stopped backordering SnapNames Pending Delete domains. I let somebody else have the priviledge of transfering them out of NetSol.

•••
It's not really semantics, it's accuracy of complaint.

"impossible to currently transfer domains registered at Network Solutions that were won at SnapNames."

This is clearly not true no matter how much it feels like the case for Rader. I sympathise with his situation and suggest he email them with ICANN complaint for not providing him auth codes in reasonable time. But it is still simply inaccurate to say it's impossible and hopefully he will prove this by getting his name out of there.

Yes, I stated, "impossible to CURRENTLY..." which I was told. And they did submit a ticket (again) on my behalf to work this out. CURRENTLY suggests, at the moment, for the time being. I was told they have a current ongoing issue at NetSol with names purchased at SnapNames, which yes, made it IMPOSSIBLE, (i was told) to transfer names outside of NetSol. This is had nothing to do with my ghost account that I do not have access to. I was sent several authorization code emails, all of which were missing the actual authorization code.

•••
Rader. I don't believe what you have been told because in the same time-frame you are talking about I transferred most of my domains out, and continue to transfer them out. So I have no idea why you persist with this argument. You should go back to them and tell them that they are lying. The reason you cannot transfer your domains out is because you don't have control of them. If they were in your account, you could transfer them away. It's still difficult to do, but it can be done. Because I've done it and am still doing it, even today.

As I've said before. You need to threaten them with an ICANN complaint. And do it. If you don't do that, they will continue to f*ck with you. Here's the link I think you need, https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

Ask them point blank for the auth codes because the ones they sent you were empty. Then if they don't send you the auth codes with actual codes (not blanks), tell them you are going to make an ICANN complaint. This is what I had to do to get them to give me the real auth codes. If you had read my messages you would have got this. Ultimately they asked me to send them a fax (which turned into an email because their fax doesn't work) with a picture of my ID and signature before they emailed me the real auth codes the next day.

PS: In your first post you said the domain in question was in a ghost account, but in your last message, you said it had nothing to do with the ghost account. So where is this domain. In your actual account or in your ghost account.

PPS: Have you tried "pulling" this domain into your account? What happened?

Last edited:
•••
After 15 years I'm starting to be fed up with the domain world.
Dude, you are NOT alone. Actually I feel the same way, but you can remove the word "domain" and it still applies.

•••
I think dealing in the "domain world" is far more egregious than dealing in the "world". You must be a pessimist (I'm guessing).

•••
After losing several important domain names within 3 weeks of expiration date, I think eNomCentral/Snapnames are real shady. They also deleted a previous account without my consent just because it was "inactive" upon upgrading to their new system.

•••
I transfer out asap to GoDaddy, then register them for 3 more years using the DDC membership and a 30% off coupon. They want your names, and they will do it by any means necessary.

•••
•••
After losing several important domain names within 3 weeks of expiration date, I think eNomCentral/Snapnames are real shady. They also deleted a previous account without my consent just because it was "inactive" upon upgrading to their new system.

I've lost a few as well at Enom. lost a couple of big ones. Now, I get the names transferred to GoDaddy as soon as I possibly can.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back